Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:04 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinuxfool View Post
It seems an odd phenomenon lately. Many gun owners running into turbulent waters while in possession of their entire arsenal of firearms. Happened to me just last week. Didn't see that big wave coming. My boat capsized and all my guns sank to the bottom of the ocean. Davey Jones must be a gun nut.

Me too! I forgot where I put all those weapons and ammunition. Getting older is tough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 04:27 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
good luck with that, i dont think that the UN has enough guts to take on armed american citizens.

those blue beanies sure as heck make good targets when worn by the UN.
Guns aren't much of a defense against nuclear weapons.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:30 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
so the un is going to nuke us? How and who will us be? The un is a body of countries, not it's own country and just because they're located in NYC doesn't mean they have access to our nukes.
nevermind, I know I can't fix this Ron White moment

Old 02-07-2010, 04:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Guns aren't much of a defense against nuclear weapons.
Really? You figured that out all on your own????

Seriously - of course you are correct. BUT, they are a defense against intruders that break into my home. I have actual, real life experience with this - and I shot and killed the intruder.

So, a gun is a defensive tool.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
so the un is going to nuke us? How and who will us be? The un is a body of countries, not it's own country and just because they're located in NYC doesn't mean they have access to our nukes.
nevermind, I know I can't fix this Ron White moment
The U.S. isn't the only place to get them. And just because we sit on the Security Council doesn't mean we cannot be held accountable for our interference in the affairs of other countries.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:41 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Quote:
This is exactly what scares the hell out of me.

Ever actually talk to a person from there? What you read and reality are often completely different things. It's like those who read that the healthcare system in the UK or Canada is superior. Try talking to someone that actually gets to "enjoy" these things you read about and I bet you'll learn a few things.

do you actually know anything about guns? I'm going to go out on a limb and guess no. I'm also going to take a wild guess and say you don't think I should own my AK-47 and the 16 round magazines in my XDm hold too much ammo.
It is true that I think assault weapons should be banned for the general population. Sport and personal protection do not require them, so what are they for then? A political uprising? A personal grudge? So far at least, in the U.S.A. ellections still rule where politics are concerned.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:43 PM

Default /1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
NAGR Gun Rights Blog » U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.
The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms
I do not, for one moment believe that weapons that are used for either sport or personal protection have been contemplated as being banned in the U.S. Other types of weapons should be banned!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:45 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The U.S. isn't the only place to get them. And just because we sit on the Security Council doesn't mean we cannot be held accountable for our interference in the affairs of other countries.
Of course other countries have them, but they have that key word in them, countries.. they're not an organization
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
It is true that I think assault weapons should be banned for the general population. Sport and personal protection do not require them, so what are they for then? A political uprising? A personal grudge? So far at least, in the U.S.A. ellections still rule where politics are concerned.
well, luckily you don't make the laws and I have my AK because I always wanted one, so I bought it. It is also an excellent defense weapon. Don't believe me? Charge at me and see what you do when I point it at you...

Old 02-07-2010, 04:58 PM

^What's the EC? And how many nukes do they control?

Old 02-07-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Of course other countries have them, but they have that key word in them, countries.. they're not an organization

well, luckily you don't make the laws and I have my AK because I always wanted one, so I bought it. It is also an excellent defense weapon. Don't believe me? Charge at me and see what you do when I point it at you...

And the fact that you "have always wanted an AK" means what? That you are scared of the world around you and need to have a bigger gun to confront it with? That you need to scare people? You point it at me & I will dare you to use it! You use it and you go to jail. Period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies