Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:45 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They need to start over. If Obama refuses to do so as the R's have requested, he's ignoring what the people want.

why can't people get it that Obama does not care what the people want??
he wants what he wants
he will not "sit at the table"
he wants to stand over everyone and have then sit up and beg
this is bull crap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 05:47 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I was thinking the very same thing. Sometimes I think i'm too smart for my own good, but then I realize that some people (liberals) just have the propensity to fall for anything that they are told (queue Barack Obama here) without analyzing it for themselves.

This forum could use an influx of well-informed liberals, that's for sure.

Sanrene nailed it on the first page. The Democrats "own" this healthcare legislation. The GOP is doing the right thing by making them answer for their mistakes.

amen!
tried to rep ya~~

Old 02-09-2010, 05:49 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Judging by one of your threads the NeoConfused public wants the US to spend more on healthcare in Africa while telling Americans to fend for themselves.

Is that the plan to expect from the GOP if we start over?
The public is "confused"?

Confused about what? I think the public knows what's going on here; and that is why they reject the Prsidents proposals.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:50 PM

7 posts, read 12,753 times
The Republicans have tried to present numerous drafts and proposals but the "Progressives" have shut them out. Republicans didn't hold up the health care "reform" for the Dems have the majority in both house and senate, but not for long. Several Democracts have opposed this reform which we cannot afford, that is why the bill never passed. Many of them (Democracts) will be ousted and several are trying to hang on during the 2010 elections. It is time to start from ground zero and both parties sit down and have an honest discussion on what American needs in the way of reformed health care. Everyone stop the petty, boring finger pointing of whose to blame! What we need are a few honest souls who truly have the interest of it's people.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:52 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,142 times
Negotiating 101....you don't go to the table unless you get something first. What they want is to start over and I fail to understand why that can't be done.

Obama and the dems have set the table for the American people, they're serving up a bunch of crap sandwiches in the form of this health care bill. Now they want the republicans to come in and put some parsley on the plates and light some candles....hoping they will get some of the 'credit' for the meal. No thanks, I'd pass on that offer in a skinny minute. Clear the table and start over.

After MONTHS of hiding and DOZENS of closed door meeting with the dems NOW Obama wants to invite the republicans and of course, the cameras. If you can't see through that scam you are a fool.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM

7 posts, read 12,753 times

Old 02-09-2010, 06:18 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
I hope they don't attend. That would be the worst of two bad choices, but they do have a propensity more making bad choices.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:16 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,634,451 times
Obama in the State of the Union said jobs first. If the republicians would just say no on health insurance until the jobs are returned to the American people first.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
They are kind of between a rock and a hard place on this one. If they attend, they will be exposed. If they don't, they will be exposed. Pretty shrewd move on the part of the President.
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Do you think the republicans aren't going to counter every point that obama makes about these very unpopular bills?

Like when he says; "the bills cut the deficit", the republicans will say, "take out the accounting gimmicks put in by nancy and harry and you then have a $2.5 TRILLION dollar bill.

Or when they remind the president about his promises; "If you like your doctor, you can keep it"....there is a reason he doesn't claim that anymore.

Or when he brings up his promise of lowering premiums by $2500 for families......when the CBO has said premiums would rise.

Do you think they will hold their tongues as he spins the same old lies?

Not a chance.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:47 PM

89,033 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Obama in the State of the Union said jobs first. If the republicians would just say no on health insurance until the jobs are returned to the American people first.
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies