Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not only did I re-read your message again, but here, let me quote it for you..

You CLEARLY said Republicans were in bed with the insurance companies while ignoring that Democrats receive more money from the insurance industry than Republicans.. Hillary Clinton herself was the biggest receiver of donations..
Clearly, you want to argue about symantics rather than the issue at hand. I said the public is tired of the foolishness from both sides. I attempted to clarify for you because it I wasn't clear enough. Again, both sides are in bed with insurance companies and it is quite obvious what motives HMOs have when they give money to the majority or the minority for that matter. However, Republicans' refusal to talk about it shows their unwillingness to compromise on anything. If you want to hear some democrat bashing, here it is. I wish they'd grow a pair and get it together. Some of them are just as guilty as obstructing as Republicans. Does that make you feel better?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Clearly, "the public" does not agree on everything. The Republicans are not willing to move forward on this or compromise in the least bit. They do not want to make progress because they are in bed with the insurance companies, this really has nothing to do with what the public wants. The public spoke when they elected President Obama and the public is tired of this foolishness from both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Clearly, you want to argue about symantics rather than the issue at hand. I said the public is tired of the foolishness from both sides. I attempted to clarify for you because it I wasn't clear enough.
So when you claim that Republicans are in bed with the insurance company, and ignore "facts" pertaining that its Democrats, you claim I'm arguing symantics? Thats a really odd claim from someone name "factsplease" because one would have to ignore where you got the facts wrong, in order to get to the part of your posting you consider relevant..

Lets see how you have corrected yourself for the future though
Quote:
Again, both sides are in bed with insurance companies and it is quite obvious what motives HMOs have when they give money to the majority or the minority for that matter. However, Republicans' refusal to talk about it shows their unwillingness to compromise on anything.
Wow, now you change your position to "both sides" in bed with the insurance companies but continue with your Republican bashing based on more bs..
Quote:
If you want to hear some democrat bashing, here it is. I wish they'd grow a pair and get it together. Some of them are just as guilty as obstructing as well. Does that make you feel better?
Not in particular.. I want "facts please".. and all more to glad to see the incompetent Democratic leadership currently in place..

Old 02-09-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
So when you claim that Republicans are in bed with the insurance company, and ignore "facts" pertaining that its Democrats, you claim I'm arguing symantics? Thats a really odd claim from someone name "factsplease" because one would have to ignore where you got the facts wrong, in order to get to the part of your posting you consider relevant..

Lets see how you have corrected yourself for the future though

Wow, now you change your position to "both sides" in bed with the insurance companies but continue with your Republican bashing based on more bs..

Not in particular.. I want "facts please".. and all more to glad to see the incompetent Democratic leadership currently in place..
No one is disputing the facts by stating that either side is in bed with health insurance companies. Whether or not the democrats receive more (and coincidentally are the majority) does not contradict what I said. I am not ignoring anything but clearly you are. I did not get any fact wrong. Republicans are in bed with health insurance companies, so are Democrats, I said this several times now and said in the post you keep harping on that both sides are acting foolishly. Yet you want to ignore that sentence and keep focusing on the same sentence over and over. It appears that you have taken the FOX News class on distraction and distortion. Why are you blindly defending Rebublicans as if the numbers are so astounding? They're not that far away from the dems and since you're into stats, why don't you check out the numbes from 1998-2006? clearly being the majority makes a difference. They give to whoever they think has the most pull. You are not uncovering a conspiracy or catching me in a lie. BOTH SIDES ARE IN BED WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES...Give it up.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
No one is disputing the facts by stating that either side is in bed with health insurance companies. Whether or not the democrats receive more (and coincidentally are the majority) does not contradict what I said. I am not ignoring anything but clearly you are. I did not get any fact wrong. Republicans are in bed with health insurance companies, so are Democrats, I said this several times now and said in the post you keep harping on that both sides are acting foolishly. Yet you want to ignore that sentence and keep focusing on the same sentence over and over. It appears that you have taken the FOX News class on distraction and distortion. Why are you blindly defending Rebublicans as if the numbers are so astounding? They're not that far away from the dems and since you're into stats, why don't you check out the numbes from 2002-2006? clearly being the majority makes a difference. They give to whoever they think has the most pull. You are not uncovering a conspiracy or catching me in a lie. BOTH SIDES ARE IN BED WITH INSURANCE COMPANIES...Give it up.
Democrats being the majority has nothing at all to do with it.

You were wrong in proclaiming Republicans are in bed and now you are trying so spin this out into "both sides"...

Hell, the whole healthcare issue is to INCREASE healthcare insurance business and the big donations are to buy support with Democrats for "special" business exemptions, which Republicans are objecting too.. Facts have a way of disputing bs.. You were CLEARLY wrong and your non stop posting trying to spin this is rather comical..

Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Right now any citizen and illegals can walk into an emergency room and get care no matter their finances. Emergency care only, not any other type, so if you are hurt or dieing they might help you but if you need long term treatment you are SOL. FYI, who do you think pays for that treatment, WE do through higher costs, did you think they were treating them out of the goodness of their hearts?
How many charities are right wing instead of left wing
left wing wants the government to be the charity right wing want to help people without getting big government to do it for them.Sorry but that is a failed arguement, if they were so good at taking care of our citizens we would not need the government programs, read a little history and you might see that minor flaw in your arguement.
health care can be reformed but will not be as long as partisan hacks keep it partisan Healthcare WILL be reformed, in spite of the partisan hacks, don't reform it and you will lose that cushy job in Washingtoon. If they are serious then then need to stop with the partisan fighting and get it done, that applies to BOTH sides.
Casper

Old 02-09-2010, 11:09 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times
Obama needs to stop talking about health care and get on with doing his job. Health care is a personal problem and not a government problem. He is avoiding doing his job and sticking his nose into things his job does not allow by the constitution. Republicans don't have to dance to his tune. He also needs to start realizing that this country needs to be cleared of its illegals and that should be first on the agenda, not giving them more of our tax dollars. Get with the program, Obama, and get it done or we will clear the slate and get new people on the job in Washington.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Democrats being the majority has nothing at all to do with it.

You were wrong in proclaiming Republicans are in bed and now you are trying so spin this out into "both sides"...

Hell, the whole healthcare issue is to INCREASE healthcare insurance business and the big donations are to buy support with Democrats for "special" business exemptions, which Republicans are objecting too.. Facts have a way of disputing bs.. You were CLEARLY wrong and your non stop posting trying to spin this is rather comical..
If being majority has nothing to with it, please explain why Republicans received more money from HMO's up until 2006? Health Services/HMOs: Long-Term Contribution Trends | OpenSecrets I am not wrong, Republicans are in bed with healthcare companies and SO ARE DEMOCRATS. I am not rying to "spin" anything. Nothing you stated above is a proven fact, and it is clear that you feel that Republicans can do no wrong. Your delusion of Democrats being reponsible for anything wrong with the world is what's comical.

I would like to see a resolution and move forward on this. It seems that you are into pointing the finger and placing blame. You want to talk about facts, can you provide some to back up your claim that "the whole healthcare issue is to INCREASE healthcare insurance business and the big donations are to buy support with Democrats for 'special' business exemptions"?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
If being majority has nothing to with it, please explain why Republicans received more money from HMO's up until 2006? Health Services/HMOs: Long-Term Contribution Trends | OpenSecrets I am not wrong, Republicans are in bed with healthcare companies and SO ARE DEMOCRATS. I am not rying to "spin" anything. Nothing you stated above is a proven fact, and it is clear that you feel that Republicans can do no wrong. Your delusion of Democrats being reponsible for anything wrong with the world is what's comical.

I would like to see a resolution and move forward on this. It seems that you are into pointing the finger and placing blame. You want to talk about facts, can you provide some to back up your claim that "the whole healthcare issue is to INCREASE healthcare insurance business and the big donations are to buy support with Democrats for 'special' business exemptions"?
Republicans are in bed with the insurance companies who donate to Democrats. I get it..

Insurance companies are donating to Democrats because a national health care means more business FOR THEM.. PERIOD.. They are in bed with the Democrats in order to increase THEIR OWN BUSINESS.. Do you have a clue what the Democratic plan even is?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
they would make an big error by not attending the televised summit on health care offered by President Obama. They finally have been offered a seat at the table in an open summit. They need to show up
They need to demand that the Congress start over. If they do anything less than that I wash my hands of them.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:26 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
Quote:
they would make an big error by not attending the televised summit on health care offered by President Obama. They finally have been offered a seat at the table in an open summit. They need to show up
It would be lose-lose for them.
Why?
Democrats have a majority, and no matter what passes, Republicans are superfluous.
Whatever passes, will be blamed upon the Republicans, too.
(Clever Democrats)

Frankly, since government is the source of the health care problem, government cannot resolve the problem with more government meddling.

Government expansion and higher spending cannot reduce the cost for buying health care.
Government complications RAISE the cost.
Why do adults have to buy permission slips from government licensed people in order to buy medicines from another government licensed person, who buys his price inflated products from more government licensed entities?
And government is going to make THAT cheaper?
Or what about the TORT reform missing from all "reform"?
Or what about debasement of the country's money (Congress' fault)?
Or inflation?
Or taxes that invariably shift to the consumer, the real tax payer?

No, Republicans should say, "Thanks, but no thanks!" to the entreaty of the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies