Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that same-sex marriage leads to teaching children about anal sex?
Yes 12 29.27%
No 29 70.73%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
ever notice how they call gay marriage "same sex"? I thought marriage was to be about love & commitment not sex! They don't call it opposite sex marriage now do they?
I prefer calling it same-sex marriage because:

1. It's more accurate than calling it "gay marriage". You're not required to be gay in order to enter a same-sex marriage, just like you're not required to be straight to enter an opposite-sex marriage.

2. For a time, the anti-gay crowd actually preferred saying "gay marriage" because they believed the word "gay" was more inflammatory than saying "same-sex". Their little word game is losing its potency, however; most people don't panic anymore when they hear the word "gay". That's why a lot of them now like to say "homosexual marriage"; they know that the word "homosexual" is more inflammatory than the word "gay". Again, this little game they're playing will lose its effectiveness over time.

Someday, we'll get passed all of the silly semantics and it will just be called "marriage". There won't be a distinction. It's similar to the years when interracial marriage was being legalized. People put interracial marriages in a separate category and emphasized the difference. Today, it would sound ridiculous to say, "Tina and Joe are entering an interracial marriage together."

Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Well if it does or doesn't I won't have to worry about that my kids are going to be home schooled.
This discussion is reason enough to home school.

I never knew a whole lot about gay sex other than it disgusted me until my boys who are in their lat 20s now kept talking about "fudge packing" and finally told me what that meant. I guess I just wasn't brought up to believe in things like are being discussed here.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:23 PM

536 posts, read 414,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This discussion is reason enough to home school.

I never knew a whole lot about gay sex other than it disgusted me until my boys who are in their lat 20s now kept talking about "fudge packing" and finally told me what that meant. I guess I just wasn't brought up to believe in things like are being discussed here.
You aren't the only one man. I never knew what it was until I was in my teens and I really don't care what it was. I knew it was wrong,morally and personally it is wrong on so many levels.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Quote:
You aren't the only one man. I never knew what it was until I was in my teens and I really don't care what it was. I knew it was wrong,morally and personally it is wrong on so many levels.
Times change. Besides, as its been mentioned, anal sex is hardly an act that is exclusive to gay guys. It's a sexual activity that lots of people enjoy. It's normal.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:45 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
I guess the lesbians in New Hampshire aren't having sex?

Old 02-13-2010, 02:46 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Nobody want's to teach this stuff to kids. That's a smokescreen. Like Prop 8 in CA was.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:49 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Times change. Besides, as its been mentioned, anal sex is hardly an act that is exclusive to gay guys. It's a sexual activity that lots of people enjoy. It's normal.
I think it is a disgusting sexual practice and just because straight folks partake in it does not negate that fact. How can anyone obtain any type of sexual joy that involves excretement? That's just plain nasty!

Old 02-13-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I think it is a disgusting sexual practice and just because straight folks partake in it does not negate that fact. How can anyone obtain any type of sexual joy that involves excretement? That's just plain nasty!
Ever heard of an enema?

Old 02-13-2010, 03:11 PM

536 posts, read 414,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Times may change but things like that are still deviant and disgusting. Parents should be the ones explaining things of the sexual nature to their kids not public schools. Parents should do it when they feel the kids need to know about it. In my book my child has no need to know what homosexuality is exactly except to know its a disgusting mental illness. No need for details etc.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:14 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,464,172 times
Quote:
Times may change but things like that are still deviant and disgusting. Parents should be the ones explaining things of the sexual nature to their kids not public schools. Parents should do it when they feel the kids need to know about it. In my book my child has no need to know what homosexuality is exactly except to know its a disgusting mental illness. No need for details etc.
Would you ever thought you'd agree with Hitler on an issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies