Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:37 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Wha??? Since when is out of control spending NOT mutually exclusive of cutting costs and expenses?

My vision is crystal clear, thank you for inquiring.
Since I said nothing about "out of control spending," I'll leave you to your clarity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Speaking for my shop, I put back enough to keep the doors open in lean times and I didn't over-hire my employees so I didn't have to fire anybody. So I don't need a Gubment loan to come steal my business from me with their 'imaginary money'

It's sad when you have a president whose NEVER owned a business trying to tell those of us who do run businesses HOW to run our businesses.

If only Obama was a werewolf, I got some cool hollow tip silvers for him.
Whoa, Nellie. I thought you said "Good bye" to me? Make up your mind.

(Know what's really sad? Someone who claims to own a business yet has no command over his native language. That's really sad.)

Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Since I said nothing about "out of control spending," I'll leave you to your clarity.
Durrrr, it was pretty inherent in your statement here (note: it's not that big of an intellectual leap to make, really ):
Quote:
One can borrow money and cut costs at the same time.
So why borrow money if you aren't going to spend it? Or, a more concrete question would be... what did the government do with the money they borrowed? Oh, right. They spent it!

Old 02-18-2010, 12:47 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
Speaking for my shop, I put back enough to keep the doors open in lean times and I didn't over-hire my employees so I didn't have to fire anybody. So I don't need a Gubment loan to come steal my business from me with their 'imaginary money'

It's sad when you have a president whose NEVER owned a business trying to tell those of us who do run businesses HOW to run our businesses.

If only Obama was a werewolf, I got some cool hollow tip silvers for him.
So you think it's cute to threaten to shoot the President on a public message board?
Are you insane or just stupid?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18...1----000-.html

Ken

Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Durrrr, it was pretty inherent in your statement here (note: it's not that big of an intellectual leap to make, really ):
So why borrow money if you aren't going to spend it? Or, a more concrete question would be... what did the government do with the money they borrowed? Oh, right. They spent it!
Man oh man. No offense, but your mind seems to be wandering. Your statements are very incoherent.

Who said anything about borrowing but not spending? That makes no sense.

Here, try this. (If you're just going to find ways to disagree with me, logic be damned, keep it to yourself. Okay?)

My business revenues are down. I must either close shop or borrow money to pay the bills. I get a loan from the bank. Since revenues are down, I cut costs as well. I discontinue the third shift, and I lay off three workers. There you go. Borrowing and cutting costs. Someone with such clarity as you can surely see that borrowing and cutting costs are two separate issues.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
So you think it's cute to threaten to shoot the President on a public message board?
Are you insane or just stupid?

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18...1----000-.html

Ken
I'm guessing a lot of both. And I don't believe for one instant that he/she owns a business.

Old 02-18-2010, 12:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
I'm guessing a lot of both. And I don't believe for one instant that he/she owns a business.
Nah, me neither.

Ken

Old 02-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Man oh man. No offense, but your mind seems to be wandering. Your statements are very incoherent.

Who said anything about borrowing but not spending? That makes no sense.

Here, try this. (If you're just going to find ways to disagree with me, logic be damned, keep it to yourself. Okay?)

My business revenues are down. I must either close shop or borrow money to pay the bills. I get a loan from the bank. Since revenues are down, I cut costs as well. I discontinue the third shift, and I lay off three workers. There you go. Borrowing and cutting costs. Someone with such clarity as you can surely see that borrowing and cutting costs are two separate issues.
My vision AND lucidity are both quite well I assure you.

You are making the false assumption that the government is only spending money in order to pay its bills. Falsehood. They borrowed to spend, they increased the debt ceiling to borrow more to pay the bills.

Please extrapolate from your scenario exactly what cost cutting measures are taking place on the governmental level, then we can actually have something of substance to talk about.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
My vision AND lucidity are both quite well I assure you.

You are making the false assumption that the government is only spending money in order to pay its bills. Falsehood. They borrowed to spend, they increased the debt ceiling to borrow more to pay the bills.

Please extrapolate from your scenario exactly what cost cutting measures are taking place on the governmental level, then we can actually have something of substance to talk about.
I made no such assumptions. Your "clarity" seems to be of the crystal ball variety. Since you seem hooked on putting words in my mouth, I'll let you carry on this conversation all by yourself. Good luck. May the best man/woman win.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I made no such assumptions. Your "clarity" seems to be of the crystal ball variety.
Crystal ball? I'm not predicting the future here, I'm merely stating the facts that you choose to blind yourself to. It's okay, I know those facts are inconvenient little truths.

Quote:
Since you seem hooked on putting words in my mouth, I'll let you carry on this conversation all by yourself. Good luck. May the best man/woman win.
Thank you, I think I already have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies