Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
I don't know who told you that US companies can't, but that person lied to you.
Well i was wrong that US companies dont have plans to develop space shuttles. I thought it was virgin. But of course its likely many of these companies will fail as well as being unprofitable but some will have likely to suceed and be profitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 06:49 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
what happened to national pride? Even Carter didn't cancel the space shuttle.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:09 PM

680 posts, read 1,384,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
It doesn't say that humans are teh ONLY source of climate change, like liberals claim.
Who are these liberals on whose behalf you purport to speak? Do all liberals make this claim? I sure don't. What is the difference between the referenced kids' article and your claims about what liberals say? You're not being coherent.
Quote:
The world has gotten substantially warmer since snowball earth without there being people or greenhouse gasses.
Do some research, this is just pathetic. I rarely see any arguments against global warming from anyone who is remotely literate with respect to science. Greenhouse gases are PRECISELY WHY "snowball earth" came to an end. And you know which greenhouse gas was primarily responsible for melting a world cloaked in ice? CO2, your old buddy. Fortunately for life on this planet, volcanic activity on a massive scale belched so much CO2 into the atmosphere that it was enough to melt the ice.

Vast shifts in climate such as this are not what is currently the topic of debate. The concern about current global warming is that it is happening at a rate that will generate major problems for humans and for ecosystems. Life on earth will be just fine, it generally thrives when the planet is warmer so that's not the issue. The problem is that human civilization has emerged during a prolonged atypical period of climate stability and we are now (probably) destabilizing it in a way that will have unknown but severe consequences.
Quote:
Are we contributing to the warming? Probably, yes, but we are not causing it like the liberals lie about.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?!? What's the difference between "contributing to it" and "causing it"? How is it a lie to point out our contribution (a causal relationship to the causation of global warming)?

You Fox News clones amaze me. You think that by repeatedly saying "liberal lie" and "loony left" and "liberal left" (an amusing redundancy) --- that these trite labels somehow contribute to your otherwise empty and misinformed diatribes against overwhelming evidence as published in every peer-reviewed science journal that touches on the subject of weather and climate.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
PWNS? What are you 12? When you can put forth a more valid and serious argument and not use infantile language, people will take you more seriously.
Did you read the title of the thread? I think he might be about that young. He really thought that he'd come up with the ULTIMATE ... wait - let me get this right ... "ownage thread".

Perhaps he missed the 300 other threads on climate change that ended with the same conclusion scientists continue to hold:

that there is overwhelming evidence of a warming trend, significant evidence that humans have had some degree of influence on that warming, and significant debate over just how much influence those humans have had.

But, another poster is right. This thread is simple trolling and should not be encouraged until a legitimate argument is put forth to consider.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,890 times
Like shooting fish in a barrel... Debunking Lomborg, the Climate-Change Skeptic - Sharon Begley - Newsweek.com

Old 02-23-2010, 08:30 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:
Climate History (http://epa.gov/climatechange/kids/history.html - broken link)

Even their KID's site admits that the earth has always had climate change, even before people. Yet libs still have to lie and say that humans are the ONLY cause of climate change. The EPA's kid's website PWNS liberals!

Quit lying and people might take the issue more seriously.
please show me where anyone ever said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies