Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2010, 05:12 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,851,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
and since the goverment does not give a damn about the health of its citizens, i sure as hope to heaven that the feds never ever get control of all the money coming from health care.

if they do, I will probably just stop paying.
And you think the Private Health Insurance Companies have ANY concern about your welfare??????? They care even less than the Govt. The Private Companies spend more time thinking of ways to refuse claims than they do trying to live up to their agreements.
It has been shown all over the World that Govt run healthcare is far better than the present American System. Govt run healthcare would NOT stop anyone still getting private health cover if they want, again and again it has been shown that a UHC drastically brings down the premiums of Private health cover.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,281,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
And you think the Private Health Insurance Companies have ANY concern about your welfare??????? They care even less than the Govt. The Private Companies spend more time thinking of ways to refuse claims than they do trying to live up to their agreements.
It has been shown all over the World that Govt run healthcare is far better than the present American System. Govt run healthcare would NOT stop anyone still getting private health cover if they want, again and again it has been shown that a UHC drastically brings down the premiums of Private health cover.
you still have not provided any figures!

Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
i think that the government should forget their 1000 plus page health care disaster and be forced to either up or down vote the grayson introduced 4 page bill.
http://grayson.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Public_Option_Act.pdf (broken link)

this allows any american to buy into medicare at cost (although i think "permanent resident" should be taken out of the bill since this congress has every intention of trying to legalize illegal immigrants).

this is a pretty simple bill.

Last edited by floridasandy; 03-14-2010 at 07:13 AM..

Old 03-14-2010, 07:46 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,964 times
I don't think anyone on this earth has any concern for my welfare, except me--particularly the government. It's business. At least, for now, with an insurance company I have a contract I can sue them on if they breach it.

Quote:
And you think the Private Health Insurance Companies have ANY concern about your welfare??????? .

Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,946,157 times
Quote:
The Private Companies spend more time thinking of ways to refuse claims than they do trying to live up to their agreements.
It has been shown all over the World that Govt run healthcare is far better than the present American System.
Contrast those statements with this sobering fact; The health insurance provider with the highest rate of claims DENIED is Medicare, which is, as you know, Government run health insurance. Hmmmmmmm.

Also, when looking at Massachusettes only, the provider with the highest rate of denials is......you guessed it, MassHealth, the State Insurance provider.

Do we really want to complain about denial rates while clamoring ffor state run insurance?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Contrast those statements with this sobering fact; The health insurance provider with the highest rate of claims DENIED is Medicare, which is, as you know, Government run health insurance. Hmmmmmmm.

Also, when looking at Massachusettes only, the provider with the highest rate of denials is......you guessed it, MassHealth, the State Insurance provider.

Do we really want to complain about denial rates while clamoring ffor state run insurance?
The Only way a UHC can succeed is if it covers 100% of the population and is has 100% commitment. The current medicare and other health systems in the USA are half baked and doomed to failure. In ALL other Nations who have UHC where there is total commitment to it...the system has succeeded and works well. If the Govt created a UHC in the USA it would have no reason to fail. Drugs could be bought far cheaper than now. The amount of Employment created by a UHC would be phenomenal. The health of the Nation would improve. Private health Insurance premiums would drop significantly and NO MORE bankruptcy or finacial hardship because of medical bills. UHC has been succesful in many many other Countries with similart population etc as the USA so are you saying the USA is NOT as competant as Australia etc.?

Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I don't think anyone on this earth has any concern for my welfare, except me--particularly the government. It's business. At least, for now, with an insurance company I have a contract I can sue them on if they breach it.
Nice thought but have you ever tried suing a Insurance company?
They will either hold it up in court until you are dead or use one of the many reasons as to why your contract was either no good due to your failure to give certain info ( Failure to disclose) or you aren't covered for that certain illnes etc etc etc. I have used both the American and British systems and i know where the best concern is and it most definately isn't with the Private Insurance company who is more concerned about the size of your wallet than the illness that you have.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,815,599 times
Same way they can vote for Bush twice.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:53 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,335,445 times
I pay about $60/month for health insurance - no employer coverage. Doesn't seem so bad to me.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
I pay about $60/month for health insurance - no employer coverage. Doesn't seem so bad to me.
What coverage do you have? We paid $125/mo for our 20-something daughters after they got kicked off our insurance and before they got their own. They didn't have much coverage at that rate. I can't imagine what you're getting for $60.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies