Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Why on earth does the commentary from an air-headed bimbo with fake boobs and double sided tape, doing their best to imitate a Barbie Doll® be of any consequence to anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 05:27 PM

135 posts, read 139,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So no wonder there's a lot of careful picking and choosing as to what to take out of the Bible.
Picking and choosing is too risky. How do you know when you and God are on "the same page"? I think it's a bit like pregnancy. You're either pregnant or you aren't. There is no in between. Either believe in 100% of scripture OR non of it. God didn't intend for "cafeteria style" faith to be an option. You can't go through the line saying, "I want that, but I don't want this. I will have a small side of that and an extra portion of that."

Old 02-25-2010, 05:37 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
But what stands out to me the most is that the human anatomy itself is proof that man and woman are meant to be together.
How can you use this observation as a reason to say someone who do deviates from it deserves death?

Does a person that chooses to be celibate (such as a priest) deserve death because he is not following this "man and woman are meant to be together" rule either?

Old 02-25-2010, 06:06 PM

135 posts, read 139,078 times
I wonder how many of you who are trashing this young woman would have the strength, courage and conviction to give your opinion (especially when you know that one of the judges happens to be homosexual)? You might say something, but it's going to be something that you are certain most people will agree with.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:30 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I would expect that every homosexual on this planet would rebuke this statement. No surprise there. Simply put, its just easier to ridicule that "Book of Myths" and the "Mystery Man in the Sky" instead of questioning how its possible for BILLIONS of people of all major religions over many centuries to be so horribly wrong. The scope and scale of it all should be enough to at least have homosexuals wondering why they think they're right all of a sudden when the rest of the world and thousands of years worth of historical/religious text says their wrong.
1 The World's historical and religious texts do not say it's wrong. There are people who have interpreted homosexuality to be wrong but these are the same people who interpret the Bible literally and have come to other conclusions.

2. Oddly enough these people will choose to interpret some things literally and ignore other facets of the Bible (Rape, Incest, Patricide among other tings .

3. Where in Hinduism or Buddhism does it say that homosexuality is wrong?

4. The American Psychiatric Association and the American Medical Association have not defined homosexuality as a paraphelia. Do you have a degree in psychiatry (MD) or psychology (PhD) to dispute them?

5. There are studies that have hypothesized that homosexuality is a part of evolution to control populations and prevent them for using up its resouces. They have discovered that homosexuality exists in animal populations.

6. Non-Evangelical Christians and Non-Evangelical Christian scholars don't reject homosexuality.

Could Evangelicals possibly question if their stance on homosexuality is wrong considering that scientists, the medical establishment, historical scholars and non-Evangelical Christian scholars dispute their views.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Why on earth does the commentary from an air-headed bimbo with fake boobs and double sided tape, doing their best to imitate a Barbie Doll® be of any consequence to anyone?
Because she is now a minor celebrity, and by making asinine statements alleging that gays should be put to death, she is inspiring others to see things as she does.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:01 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
Why is it that so many of these so-called Christians that take the Bible so literally aren't living like the Hassidim and following every other Old Testament edict to the letter?
Because common sense and not living in a 3rd world country comes into play?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Because she is now a minor celebrity, and by making asinine statements alleging that gays should be put to death, she is inspiring others to see things as she does.
Here's the problem: the media made her a tool (celebrity). She continues to be a tool and the media continues to use her as one to generate whatever stories they can get out of her mouth.

Is she inspiring anyone to change or cross that line in the sand? I doubt it.

Maybe I'm too old to care what a 20-something beauty queen has to say no matter what edge of any cliff she chooses to hang her toes off of.

I just can't take her seriously.

You have no clue about much when you are in your 20's.

Last edited by JerseyG; 02-25-2010 at 07:32 PM..

Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
Why is it that so many of these so-called Christians that take the Bible so literally aren't living like the Hassidim and following every other Old Testament edict to the letter?
Because shellfish is yummy, tattoos are cool and they covet their neighbor's ass. Giving that up will require sacrifice on their part. Instead they make it their business to see to it that the gays are kept from being accepted. They're not themselves gay, after all - OK, some of them are - but still, it is much easier to demand that somebody else give something up to move society closer to the Levitic code.

It's a neat trick, in that the faithful get to reap the divine rewards - at least in their own minds, they expect so - yet somebody else get to do the suffering.

Why they think that a divine being won't look right through that maneuver is anybody's guess. And I'd love to hear anyone argue with a straight face that beauty pageants, of all things, come even close to reflecting the ideas put forth in Leviticus, such as they are.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksevers View Post
Your comments make you sound like you have no idea what in the world you should believe in, and I pity you. It must be very hard to explain the miracle of childbirth and the changes in the seasons. I mean, the rosebuds know EXACTLY what to do in early May. That "sky Daddy" can breathe anything in existance, so why shouldn't people be put to death "just because He says so"??
I have no idea what to believe in? I believe in myself. And that is all I need. And why the heck would childbirth be a miracle? You get fat and ugly and go through all this horrible pain then are bound down for the next 18 years minimum. You arent special if you have a baby. Teenage girls at 14 are having babies now, you know? Miracle, my ass.

And they call liberalism a mental disease. Look at yourself. You think people should be killed because a book of fables says it is ok. Mental disease if I say so myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies