Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
ArtinChicago !!! ... You are on the mark as usual !

It is truly unbelievable that todays democratic party has indeed totally embraced the acutely "Dopey" mindset as a most desirable requirement for it's elected politicians !

These folks are truly examples of American Politics at it's absolute worst.

The American People shall hopefully take care of these tremendous "Pains In The AZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZES" during the next few elections !

Those will be days worth remembering ! Thanks / Lamar

Yes Lamar, i do agree with you as usual. Pain in the AZZZZZZZZZZ ALLRIGHT. People are just so sick and tired, of Obama's TOXIC WASTE BILLS, HE TRYS AND PASEES OFF TO US. And his administration who is full of PLENTY OF TOXIC WASTE MATERIAL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 06:12 PM

805 posts, read 774,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Do you realize The Wizard of Oz is now 71 years old? My, how times have changed!

If Dorothy met characters with no brain, no heart and no courage now, she wouldn't be in Oz. She'd be in Congress.
I can imagine ObaMao playing 3 roles, the cowardly Lyin (no courage to lead), the scarecrow (no brain) and the tin man (no heart) led around by the nose by Dorothy Puglosi and her little dog TotoReid.

Dual role for Puglosi as Dorothy and the Wicked Witch of the West
Dual role for Reid as Toto and the evil monkey.

Ruby slippers... Our Constitution, Declaration Of Independence and the Bill of Rights

Yellow Brick Road... the Founding Fathers of America defining the legitimate and well defined roles of the Federal Government, the States, and the Citizens

Ann Coulter as Glinda the Good Witch of the North
Munchkin Land... America as dreamed of by the Progressives

Flying Monkey minions of Puglosi... the Left

The Great Wizard of Oz of Emerald City... Rush Limbaugh

Emerald City... what America that Ronald Reagan talked of in his "City on the Hill" speech is and should be

Old 03-01-2010, 06:32 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times

The political vitriol just never ends, does it?

Old 03-01-2010, 08:00 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Sad how easily deceived people are by partisan tribalism - so easily passing the blame to the "other side of the aisle".

Obviously, 2000-2006 saw our nation operating to near perfection!

Let's all wake up and realize that Democrats and Republicans are failing us. The Republicans pushed us to the brink of collapse and just this week we heard them spread lie after lie after lie in the Health Care Summit just to try and win political points. Obama's "iso shot" responses were priceless. I feel sorry for a guy who must realize everyday the burden of being so much smarter than the people he must cajole.

On the other hand, Democrats have proven year after year after year to be absolutely spineless. When they are in power, we've heard them spread lie after lie after lie about the true cost of programs or stand against surges, and then implement them soon after.
The Republicans did that? What about Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd?

Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
And Poppies............. the opium that clouds individual thought.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The Republicans did that? What about Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd?
It's been proven that, while wrong, Mae and Mac situations were pretty small in the grand scheme of things. Plus, There were 6 years to correct it with unfettered control and it never happened.

So, yes. My statement remains accurate. Thanks for asking, though.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Do you realize The Wizard of Oz is now 71 years old? My, how times have changed!

If Dorothy met characters with no brain, no heart and no courage now, she wouldn't be in Oz. She'd be in Congress.
Or she'd be on this thread.

I know, just call me "Dopey". , that's another movie.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:09 AM

Quote:
It's been proven that, while wrong, Mae and Mac situations were pretty small in the grand scheme of things. Plus, There were 6 years to correct it with unfettered control and it never happened.

So, yes. My statement remains accurate. Thanks for asking, though.
No, your statement was extremely inaccurate... blaming the economy only on the Republicans.

And Fannie and Freddie were not "pretty small" issues.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:47 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
No, your statement was extremely inaccurate... blaming the economy only on the Republicans.

And Fannie and Freddie were not "pretty small" issues.
I didn't blame it on the Republicans - I said they were in control and refused to interfere in the markets so they are responsible for allowing the collapse of our economy. Many factors - from individuals to Wall Street to Democrats and all the rest created the collapse.

Plus, since you are a self-professed lover of conservative media bias, don't you think you're holding onto this Fannie/Freddie thing because it's all you have that keeps you from having to admit that, when rubber meets the road, your ideology failed to guide our nation well.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I didn't blame it on the Republicans - I said they were in control and refused to interfere in the markets so they are responsible for allowing the collapse of our economy. Many factors - from individuals to Wall Street to Democrats and all the rest created the collapse.
You said that "Republicans pushed us to the brink of collapse." Which is very inaccurate.

Quote:
Plus, since you are a self-professed lover of conservative media bias, don't you think you're holding onto this Fannie/Freddie thing because it's all you have that keeps you from having to admit that, when rubber meets the road, your ideology failed to guide our nation well.
As if liberal media bias is okay!
You should stop trying to guess what I think and post something which makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies