Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:54 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times

Advertisements

Do you realize The Wizard of Oz is now 71 years old? My, how times have changed!

If Dorothy met characters with no brain, no heart and no courage now, she wouldn't be in Oz. She'd be in Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 04:56 PM

805 posts, read 773,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Do you realize The Wizard of Oz is now 71 years old? My, how times have changed!

If Dorothy met characters with no brain, no heart and no courage now, she wouldn't be in Oz. She'd be in Congress.
On the DemocRat side of the aisle!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:57 PM

1,842 posts, read 1,707,597 times
Quote:

Both sides of the Isle

Old 03-01-2010, 05:11 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
Ya mean Aisle? Follow the yellow brick road................... Wait! I want to be in the lollipop guild!

Old 03-01-2010, 05:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:

Well it goes to show that the more things change the more they stay the same.

There exist some rather serious literary criticism that makes the argument that the Wizard of Oz was a turn of the 20th Century political allegory.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:32 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
On the DemocRat side of the aisle!
ArtinChicago !!! ... You are on the mark as usual !

It is truly unbelievable that todays democratic party has indeed totally embraced the acutely "Dopey" mindset as a most desirable requirement for it's elected politicians !

These folks are truly examples of American Politics at it's absolute worst.

The American People shall hopefully take care of these tremendous "Pains In The AZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZES" during the next few elections !

Those will be days worth remembering ! Thanks / Lamar

Old 03-01-2010, 05:38 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:

No she'd still be in Oz.

With Kev, Abbott & Petey.

Another bunch of brainless, heartless, gutless & useless twits to replace their predecessors.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:39 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Just because you don't agree with a political affiliation, or may disagree with someones ideologies doesn't mean they're ignorant, or stupid or any of the above.

I'm sick of this BS. I may not agree with the majority of Republicans, but I also understand where they're coming from and can LOGICALLY debate. Just bagging on the 'enemy' is not helping anyone, and regardless of what side you're on, you look completely ignorant.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,378,632 times
Quote:
And now, my beauties, something with poison in it. Poppies...Poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep. Sleep. Now they'll sleep!
-Wicked Witch of the West

Old 03-01-2010, 05:43 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
ArtinChicago !!! ... You are on the mark as usual !

It is truly unbelievable that todays democratic party has indeed totally embraced the acutely "Dopey" mindset as a most desirable requirement for it's elected politicians !

These folks are truly examples of American Politics at it's absolute worst.

The American People shall hopefully take care of these tremendous "Pains In The AZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZES" during the next few elections !

Those will be days worth remembering ! Thanks / Lamar
Sad how easily deceived people are by partisan tribalism - so easily passing the blame to the "other side of the aisle".

Obviously, 2000-2006 saw our nation operating to near perfection!

Let's all wake up and realize that Democrats and Republicans are failing us. The Republicans pushed us to the brink of collapse and just this week we heard them spread lie after lie after lie in the Health Care Summit just to try and win political points. Obama's "iso shot" responses were priceless. I feel sorry for a guy who must realize everyday the burden of being so much smarter than the people he must cajole.

On the other hand, Democrats have proven year after year after year to be absolutely spineless. When they are in power, we've heard them spread lie after lie after lie about the true cost of programs or stand against surges, and then implement them soon after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies