Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:25 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,526,544 times

Advertisements

"Do You Think That A Male Teacher Having Sex With A Female Student Is Worse Than A Female Teacher With A Male Student? "

No, unfortunately the court of law does not share my same opinion on this matter. =-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 04:30 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
No I don't think it's worse. I think each situation should be judged on the circumstances regardless of gender.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:40 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
You're kidding. There's a teacher named Autumn Leathers. That's priceless.
Haha, how about 60 yo Ms. Laflamme? I didn't find our teacher's name on that list--had one get caught with a 17 yo student last spring and it was a big deal. The next day 9 teachers were missing while they tried to find out what was going on and who knew what. It was extremely emotionally damaging to our kids and we work with a lot of kids with emotional problems anyway--they were so angry and admin wouldn't let us tell them anything so there were rumors flying everywhere--it was a very poisonous atmosphere and I think the teacher may walk and keep her certification and everything.

I never did like the teacher all that well so I was really glad I'd steered clear of her--she was the head of the big clique and they were always trying to draw me in, but I didn't trust them and wondered at the time if I was shooting myself in the foot professionally speaking, but I'm glad I listened to my gut.

To answer your question though--both are equally bad--men may have a different prospective b/c they had those youthful fantasies, but most of the women on that list didn't look like anybody's fantasy. Oh, and the teacher and the TA who conspired to take a kid home together? OMG! I can't imagine how that conversation got started.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:40 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
I think both situations are despicable!

Old 03-03-2010, 05:35 PM

865 posts, read 2,432,258 times
I have to say, that I too don't find it as offensive if the teacher is a female. I think it has more to do with the "power issue" of sex. A man can force himself on someone. I don't see how a woman can force herself on a guy. So to me, that means that a young adolescent male is probably excited at the prospect of laying his teacher (esp. the young, in their 20s hot ones), whereas a young teenage girl, probably has to have her mind messed with a lot by the male teacher, in order to get her to do something that she normally wouldn't do.

That said, I still think that it should be punishable by law for either gender, since it really is taking advantage of a child.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,940 times
What if the female student seduces the male teacher?

It happened at my school.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:03 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
I had a few back in the day also!LOL.........

YouTube - Van Halen - Hot For Teacher

Old 03-03-2010, 06:08 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,506 times
Both are equally bad. The part that's really messed up is that they're in a position of power. Whatever happened to that federal law that if you're in a job that puts in charge of minors that it was even worse that just sex with a minor? It was from a few years ago and was aimed directly at curbing teachers having sex with students.

When it's an older guy and younger girl, there's a fear that he'll knock her up, take away her "innocence" and all that jazz. But when it's the reverse why is the risk of a boy who is technically being raped and potentially owing 216 months of child support deemed less serious?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeWfS3-Jzkw
http://www.ageofconsent.com/comments...rthirtysix.htm
http://www.fact.on.ca/news/news0303/mnd030311.htm
http://www.blowmeuptom.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=2185 (broken link)

Last edited by Nutz76; 03-03-2010 at 06:55 PM..

Old 03-03-2010, 06:29 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
What if the female student seduces the male teacher?

It happened at my school.
Yes, we had a similar situation with a young man and a female teacher at the school my friend's children attend. WHICH is why I think we really need to be looking at the circumstances and apply the law accordingly.

Ultimately it is the adult who will suffer the consequences of these things in a legal sense and the child moreso in developmental ways and therefore should always be protected both legally and morally but sometimes the child needs protection from themselves as much as anything. SOMETIMES. That's not to imply in any way that this is ever ok. I just think we need to pay attention to the circumstances regardless of the gender of the adult AND the law should reflect that (the circumstances) when sentencing.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
sex with a student is bad, gang rape of a teacher is worse.
that carpet is so lumpy with cover ups i gota wear snowshoes to walk on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies