Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 01:27 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Whenever I saw some of this stuff going on, I'd have a little chat with the "young ladies." And they'd insist they were "just playing." Uh, yeah.

That's why I think high schools need a form of an internal sex offender registry. It'd make a great deterrent for girls who do this, which happens every day is just about every high school around the country. When these sluts get on the list and all the school shames them for their slutty behavior only then will things change. Shaming was used to great effect and for good reason. It kept civilization civilized. We're getting away from that with this unchecked sexual behavior as GIRLS get sexualized earlier and earlier. Case in point, Miley Cyrus's 9 year old sister has a lingerie line. Yeah, 9 years old! And that's not unheard of. There's thongs for toddler girls now too. Sexuality is getting pushed down lower and lower and kids today are growing up faster and faster. Shaming and education is about all we can do to keep them in line until they're mentally ready for this stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 02:11 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,005,485 times
Very true, Nutz. Girls' clothing is unbelievable -- have you read what some of the T-shirts in the children's section of stores say? OMG!

We can't "shame" students -- a teacher can lose her/his credentials over that. We need to work through the parents and give them a wakeup call. So many that I hauled in for parent-teacher conferences were utterly clueless. They would ADMIT a lack of control over their kids, cry, and ask for help. Oftentimes, they couldn't see any problems until they were presented to them. Or they were threatened with court. It seems like a lot of states are taking the parents to court and forcing them to take responsibility. Sad that it's come to that but whatever works!

The school at which I taught had a uniform of sorts. Specific colored polo shirts and blue jeans, belts, fitting appropriately. And we enforced it. That took quite a bit of the steam out of the sexpots.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:19 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
That's why I think high schools need a form of an internal sex offender registry. It'd make a great deterrent for girls who do this, which happens every day is just about every high school around the country. When these sluts get on the list and all the school shames them for their slutty behavior only then will things change. Shaming was used to great effect and for good reason. It kept civilization civilized. We're getting away from that with this unchecked sexual behavior as GIRLS get sexualized earlier and earlier. Case in point, Miley Cyrus's 9 year old sister has a lingerie line. Yeah, 9 years old! And that's not unheard of. There's thongs for toddler girls now too. Sexuality is getting pushed down lower and lower and kids today are growing up faster and faster. Shaming and education is about all we can do to keep them in line until they're mentally ready for this stuff.
No kidding. Some of the clothes today are almost like training uniforms for exotic dancers and Hooters waitresses. Seriously. They look like something out of the Lot Lizard Collection.

That being said, an adult teacher who can't keep his mitts off Lolita from study hall needs to be put away for a very, very long time. Grown-ups are supposed to have judgment.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:56 PM

740 posts, read 1,232,901 times
Sting summed it up rather nicely in his Police days:

Young teacher, the subject
Of schoolgirl fantasy
She wants him so badly
Knows what she wants to be
Inside her there's longing
This girl's an open page
Book marking - she's so close now
This girl is half his age

Don't stand, don't stand so
Don't stand so close to me

Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes it's not so easy
To be the teacher's pet
Temptation, frustration
So bad it makes him cry
Wet bus stop, she's waiting
His car is warm and dry

Loose talk in the classroom
To hurt they try and try
Strong words in the staffroom
The accusations fly
It's no use, he sees her
He starts to shake and cough
Just like the old man in
That book by Nabakov

I never saw it in my HS, although one of our male teachers married a junior year student. They were Mormon, though, so maybe no sex first?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
We can't "shame" students -- a teacher can lose her/his credentials over that. We need to work through the parents and give them a wakeup call. So many that I hauled in for parent-teacher conferences were utterly clueless. They would ADMIT a lack of control over their kids, cry, and ask for help. Oftentimes, they couldn't see any problems until they were presented to them. Or they were threatened with court. It seems like a lot of states are taking the parents to court and forcing them to take responsibility. Sad that it's come to that but whatever works!
School uniforms are a great start, but I've seen kids get around that to an extent by moving things here, unbuttoning a button there, etc. And a lot of that doesn't get corrected by teachers as "girls will be girls". Remember, a lot of teachers are big time feminists and let a ton of inappropriate behaviors we're talking about here slide right on by.

I was thinking about this some more and I think it's just another reason for unisex classrooms. If that doesn't work then form a small unisex class similar to the special ed courses where those who insist on slutting it up get chucked over to the unisex class as a punishment of sorts. The students in teh school will know full well why those students are there and what it means. THEY will do all the shaming necessary since kids are cruel like that. It would certainly be a good disincentive for inappropriate behavior. And it would only be used for extreme cases, of which there will always be a few keeping the classes stocked. Get knocked up and immediately go to ho-ed. Hit on a teacher and immediately go to ho-ed. Knock a chick up and immediately to to (man)ho-ed. The class should also run an hour longer than regular classes, like a permanent detention, which they would spend discussing risks of STDs, teen pregnancy, and similar topics. Send them on field trips to places that cater to single/teen mothers and things of that nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That being said, an adult teacher who can't keep his mitts off Lolita from study hall needs to be put away for a very, very long time. Grown-ups are supposed to have judgment.
I agree, but the same needs to be said for the adult teacher who can't keep HER mitts off young boys. That's the prevalent cases we're seeing, which is reasonable since females make up the large majority of teachers. What we also see is that those women get much lighter punishments which is neither fair nor equal. I'm honestly surprised the men getting those punishments aren't suing the state's pants off for equal protection violations.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
I was thinking about this some more and I think it's just another reason for unisex classrooms. If that doesn't work then form a small unisex class similar to the special ed courses where those who insist on slutting it up get chucked over to the unisex class as a punishment of sorts. The students in teh school will know full well why those students are there and what it means. THEY will do all the shaming necessary since kids are cruel like that. It would certainly be a good disincentive for inappropriate behavior. And it would only be used for extreme cases, of which there will always be a few keeping the classes stocked. Get knocked up and immediately go to ho-ed. Hit on a teacher and immediately go to ho-ed. Knock a chick up and immediately to to (man)ho-ed. The class should also run an hour longer than regular classes, like a permanent detention, which they would spend discussing risks of STDs, teen pregnancy, and similar topics. Send them on field trips to places that cater to single/teen mothers and things of that nature.
We had that where I grew up. We called it the Pregnant Girls School. Anyone who got pregnant in JHS or HS was sent there. Didn't seem to be a deterrent because teenagers never think it will happen to them

Old 03-04-2010, 03:24 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,351,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
Sting summed it up rather nicely in his Police days:

Young teacher, the subject
Of schoolgirl fantasy
She wants him so badly
Knows what she wants to be
Inside her there's longing
This girl's an open page
Book marking - she's so close now
This girl is half his age

Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes it's not so easy
To be the teacher's pet
Temptation, frustration
So bad it makes him cry
Wet bus stop, she's waiting
His car is warm and dry

Loose talk in the classroom
To hurt they try and try
Strong words in the staffroom
The accusations fly
It's no use, he sees her
He starts to shake and cough
Just like the old man in
That book by Nabakov

I never saw it in my HS, although one of our male teachers married a junior year student. They were Mormon, though, so maybe no sex first?
Hi typhoidmary,

About 2 years out of high school a serious competitor for my Darrell Hanna look alike girl friend (as in Splash) was her 35 year old former English teacher. She nearly left me for him well before I knew how women worked. I was a clueless 20 year old fool. That is why I cackle at the suggestion of being "nice". I hung on by the sheer luck of having some unrefined attractive features with no game. I was nearly mauled by the sheer variety and onslaught of men from all generations descending upon my girl friend.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:25 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
Nutz76 wrote:
Quote:
That's why I think high schools need a form of an internal sex offender registry. It'd make a great deterrent for girls who do this, which happens every day is just about every high school around the country. When these sluts get on the list and all the school shames them for their slutty behavior only then will things change. Shaming was used to great effect and for good reason. It kept civilization civilized.
It sounds like you would have loved living a few hundred years ago when they used to flog people in the public square for such things. Apparently teatime has some experience in her occupation and knows when things are getting out of hand and when a student needs to confronted about inappropriate behavior but your talk about an internal sex offender registry and shaming young teenage girls sounds pretty sick to me. What you're suggesting would traumatize and humiliate someone and I sense a feeling of cruelty in your post.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi typhoidmary,

About 2 years out of high school a serious competitor for my Darrell Hanna look alike girl friend (as in Splash) was her 35 year old former English teacher. She nearly left me for him well before I knew how women worked. I was a clueless 20 year old fool. That is why I cackle at the suggestion of being "nice". I hung on by the sheer luck of having some unrefined attractive features with no game. I was nearly mauled by the sheer variety and onslaught of men from all generations descending upon my girl friend.
Consider that a bullet dodged One of my old housmates had the dubious pleasure of having his ex HS GF end up in Playboy 2 yrs after they split. THEN he found out she married another mutual friend's dad I think he was a widower, but still.....Mind you the girl was maybe 20 at this point

Old 03-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Nutz76 wrote:

It sounds like you would have loved living a few hundred years ago when they used to flog people in the public square for such things. Apparently teatime has some experience in her occupation and knows when things are getting out of hand and when a student needs to confronted about inappropriate behavior but your talk about an internal sex offender registry and shaming young teenage girls sounds pretty sick to me. What you're suggesting would traumatize and humiliate someone and I sense a feeling of cruelty in your post.
As intended. I'm of the old school camp that believes in actual grades and not fuzzy logic metrics they're using now in a lot of schools, only actual winners get trophies, and kids need spanked from time to time (time-outs have their place, but they're not the be all end all they're made out to be). And in the case of young girls flaunting and/or acting inappropriately with regard to their sexuality, about the only way to counter that is through shame. Merely punishing them will cause them to rebel and seek out those behaviors. But if you make them feel shameful then we're getting somewhere. When I was a kid it was far worse to feel like you let your parents down than to get the belt or paddle. This is what I suggest we get back to if it's not already too late.

Last edited by Nutz76; 03-04-2010 at 06:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies