Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 05:37 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,800,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Sorry, I was confusing your posts with Peggy Anne's....who did say that she never goes to WM but is somehow an expert on the people who shop there.
Both of you seem to be hostile towards children, it's easy to confuse your posts.

And if you think the bratty kids are all in WM then you just aren't paying attention...they are in malls and restaurants and FF eateries and Target just as much as in WM. I think it's more noticeable at WM because it's a bigger store with more people in it at any one time. The odds of running into a bratty kid are higher because there are more kids there.
It's funny, when people think you are hostile or hate children, because you comment on the little monsters you see. But you know what?. I'm sure some hands on counseling could fix that...quickly.

I didn't say, they were all in WM. I said, WM is NOT daycare. Control your freakin brats. As you said, children are everywhere. I say again, control your freakin brats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 05:41 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,067,711 times
You'll have to save your advice for someone else, I don't have any brats.

And no, I don't think smacking you around would cure your hostility.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:55 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Weee;another I hate wal-mart thread. So don't go to the stores;simple.
texdav !!! ... You Are On Target Once Again !

There's only one major problem with your tremendously simple solution to the WalMart haters dilemma ..... Yes Indeed it's absolutely impossible to make it simple enough for those few very special folks among us !

Thanks / Lamar

Old 03-07-2010, 05:59 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,421,014 times
I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart. It is right down the street and open 24/7.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,854,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
First you don't know, if I have kids or not. It may be an old name.

Walmart is NOT daycare. Some parents take the leash off their children after entering Walmart. I'm not compare Walmart vs Target. I'll say, it's more then norm in Walmart.
You can always change your user name.

Why not compare? Could it be b/c the kids in Target as just as poorly behaved? That is my personal experience. Of course, my local Target is in a high-child area, so there are always tons of kids there.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:04 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,173,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Can you explain what the difference would be with working at:

Target
Kmart
Any fast food joint (minus the mfg goods)

Hmmm..not really except that if it weren't for Sears merger with Kmart then Kmart would have been completely bankrupt with Wal-Mart competition as one of the top mitigating factors - well, that and a CEO who ran it into the ground before he collected his sizable bonus while lifelong, dedicated employees had to take a cut in pay.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:43 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,444,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayCharlotteGuy View Post
I love Walmart. It has everything I need right there an low prices.

Of course, I wouldn't by my clothes and furniture from Walmart, but I think it's great for grocery shopping, etc.

I find your generalization of Walmart shoppers very inaccurate. Why is buying a bookbag, Milk, pencils, paper, chips, carrots, batteries, video game, weedkiller, flowers, wheelbarrow, axe, fishing poll, basketball, spare car keys, movie, radio, diapers, skateboard, lightbulbs, etc. at Walmart so much worse than buying it at another place?

What other store provides all what Walmart provides under one roof?

Without Walmart, I'd have to go to Food-Lion, Radio Shack, Sports Authority, Car Dealership, and home-depot for all the aforementioned items.
I think it depends upon the location. I am from a fairly large metro area (3.3 million residents) and I see a marked difference between Wal-Marts depending on what suburb I am in or if I am actually within the city limits (of Minneapolis or St. Paul).

Some of those Wal-Marts - I would never go back to - for multiple reasons, but there are at least 2 in my area which are very well-kept, clean, not crowded, and aisles aren't tiny.

That said, I don't care for some of the changes they have made. I remember when we first started to get Wal-Marts in this area, and one of the things I liked were the "Made in USA" tags you used to see on many of their products. Now, not so much. They have improved their grocery though -- I am picky and don't like processed stuff at all or HFCS stuff, for that matter, (which comes form the same 4 or 5 multinational conglomerates, who treat their animals (and workers, in some cases) inhumanely) and they have started to add more natural foods, so kudos to them for that, though they have a ways to go.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:47 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,408,401 times
This is what I think of
People of Walmart: a collection of all the creatures that grace us with their presence at Walmart, America's favorite store.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:04 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,173,571 times

I think that people who surreptitiously snap camera phone pictures of anyone anywhere and post them on a website to be laughed at by others, is the epitome of a mean-spirited human being.

No matter 'tho, I suppose as what goes around comes around - eventually anyway.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,421,014 times
If my picture is there do I get some kind of royalty? )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies