Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:53 PM

731 posts, read 777,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
In this particular case it does. The latest issues in Nigeria came about because of muslims demanding islamic law.
Ok, the Sharia law in the north is not implemented by the government, and this religious war in Jos spread between Muslim and Christian gangs in the area who were threatening each other and eventually things took off from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 04:04 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,413,484 times
I'm not hateful of Islam and Islamic people, but I do sense irony when someone says Islam is "the religion of peace". It's really bothering to see all of this pointless hate in the world. When can we accept the fact that we all belong to the human species? Our DNA is virtually identical. Humans are very genetically homogeneous, or so I've heard.

I'm an American of Scandinavian and French ancestry, but I'm not much different than a Brazilian of African descent or a person of Han Chinese ancestry. We're all human. Things like religion and race/ethnicity shouldn't get in the way of our humanity. Sadly, they do. Even for me, there are a lot of "racial things" that bother me, such as double standards...heck, all double standards are stupid, no matter what subject they're focused on.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 PM

604 posts, read 751,643 times
Can someone post a link of the Christians killing the Muslims, I never hear about that, just the Muslims to Christians side of the story.

Kings

Old 03-10-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
Can someone post a link of the Christians killing the Muslims, I never hear about that, just the Muslims to Christians side of the story.

Kings
BBC News - Nigeria religious riots 'kill 200' in Jos

Most of that died in these attacks were Muslims, 192 bodies were covered by the head of the central mosque, and they were preparing for the mass burials and in total 200 died.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:28 PM

805 posts, read 774,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
[/youtube]
Al Jazeerah muslim propaganda.
Half a dozen bodies does not add up to 360.

Here is a link to the hundreds of Christian women and children hacked to death by machete wielding Muslims.
canada.com - Lifestyle (http://www.canada.com/life/Christians+flee+after+Nigeria+massacre/2662633/story.html - broken link)

Old 03-10-2010, 07:41 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,310,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
in Nigeria. The murderers shouted "Allah Akhbar" as they did their deeds.
Appeals for calm after Nigerian sectarian slaughter - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100308/wl_afp/nigeriaunrest - broken link)

So what else is new?
How many Muslims were killed in Iraq for Bush's "holy war"?
God told him to attack Iraq, if you remember.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:43 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,504,786 times
very sad to hear this. i have known many nigerians.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Al Jazeerah muslim propaganda.
Half a dozen bodies does not add up to 360.

Here is a link to the hundreds of Christian women and children hacked to death by machete wielding Muslims.
canada.com - Lifestyle (http://www.canada.com/life/Christians+flee+after+Nigeria+massacre/2662633/story.html - broken link)
At least it provides accurate info that does not support either side, i have compared Al-Jazeera to CNN, and Fox News and its a lot more accurate. In CNN its ridiculous how the news reporters side with one group all the time, that just makes them bias because they always make their side look good and the other side look evil.

Thats why people like you will always be ignorant because you refuse to listen to the other side of the war, you refuse to watch a news channel that is different than the one you watch all the time, etc.

If you learn to understand things from 2 sides, you will gain experience and expand your knowledge in politics and religion.

Last edited by mrhman92; 03-10-2010 at 08:04 PM..

Old 03-11-2010, 02:04 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,494,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Al Jazeerah
Al-Jazeera is an excellent news source, actually, much less propagandist than any U.S. news source, if not as good as the BBC.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 AM

805 posts, read 774,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
At least it provides accurate info that does not support either side, i have compared Al-Jazeera to CNN, and Fox News and its a lot more accurate. In CNN its ridiculous how the news reporters side with one group all the time, that just makes them bias because they always make their side look good and the other side look evil.

Thats why people like you will always be ignorant because you refuse to listen to the other side of the war, you refuse to watch a news channel that is different than the one you watch all the time, etc.

If you learn to understand things from 2 sides, you will gain experience and expand your knowledge in politics and religion.
I've got your "ignorant" right here!
I have friends who are missionaries in Ghana and Nigeria as well as some "civil" servants who represent foreign countries.
They tell me that 99% of the sectarian violence and genocide has been and is being committed by Muslims!
Sudan is another prime example of muslim genocide of Christians!
Being ignorant of this fact is truly IGNORANT!
You may be entitled to your own opinion - but - you are not entitled to your own FACTS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies