Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 02:39 AM

805 posts, read 774,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
al-jazeera is an excellent news source, actually, much less propagandist than any u.s. News source, if not as good as the bbc.
roflmfao!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 AM

731 posts, read 777,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
I've got your "ignorant" right here!
No not really, i at least understand your point of view and my point of view, i understand how your culture/traditions work, i have a lot of western friends, and on the other side i know how ours work because i lived in the middle east, so i know how to balance it out. But you on the other hand you just base your information off the media, if you actulley want to learn then go to the middle east/africa to gain experience from every aspect of their lives.

Quote:
I have friends who are missionaries in Ghana and Nigeria as
Well next time go ask them what the Christian missionaries do to the Muslims in Africa. A lot of missionaries in Africa differentiate between the Muslim and Christian, sometime they give Muslims to choices to convert or to die from hunger, they focus on Christians most of the time, thats why you have Christianity growing in number because sometimes they give a Muslim any help until he/she converts,
Quote:
They tell me that 99% of the sectarian violence and genocide has been and is being committed by Muslims!
Please stop bull****ting, half of Africa is Christian, because a lot of genocides were committed by Christians against their fellow Christians, don't tell me 99% because thats impossible.
Quote:
Sudan is another prime example of muslim genocide of Christians!
Whats happening is Sudan is racism, the government oppresses these people because of their darker skin color.

Quote:
Being ignorant of this fact is truly IGNORANT!
You may be entitled to your own opinion - but - you are not entitled to your own FACTS!
I thank my self very much for knowing more things than you ever will.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:23 AM

731 posts, read 777,143 times
Quote:
roflmfao!
You could roflmfao all you want, but you will never see an English Al-jazeera reporter siding with one group like CNN, or Fox news.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:22 PM

78,521 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Al-Jazeera is an excellent news source, actually, much less propagandist than any U.S. news source, if not as good as the BBC.
Yeah, they were the ones reporting that the US and Israel caused the Indonesian Tsunami with submarines to kill muslims.....a remarkable piece of investigative journalism that took less than 3 hours from incident to publication.

I don't doubt they present things from another angle but to claim they are unbiased and accurate?

Old 03-11-2010, 01:25 PM

78,521 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
You could roflmfao all you want, but you will never see an English Al-jazeera reporter siding with one group like CNN, or Fox news.
Link some examples.
I'd especially like to see some articles where Israel wasn't at fault.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:36 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,768,520 times
Nigeria will always have those problems, thanks to the arbitrary borders drawn by the colonial powers, forcing incompatible peoples and cultures into one country.

I guess nobody knows who started that cycle of violence, just like in India between Hindus and Muslims, those exchanges of violence date back decades or even centuries.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,518,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Nigeria will always have those problems, thanks to the arbitrary borders drawn by the colonial powers, forcing incompatible peoples and cultures into one country.

I guess nobody knows who started that cycle of violence, just like in India between Hindus and Muslims, those exchanges of violence date back decades or even centuries.
I disagree. History shows the muslims started the violence. Islam began and only spread as a result of violence (wars, restrictions placed on non-muslims after conquest, etc.).

At this point I don't think it will end.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:29 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,758,009 times
Well I am rooting for the Christians.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:51 PM

377 posts, read 326,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
in Nigeria. The murderers shouted "Allah Akhbar" as they did their deeds.
Appeals for calm after Nigerian sectarian slaughter - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100308/wl_afp/nigeriaunrest - broken link)

So what else is new?
500? That's gotta be some sort of record.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:54 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,816,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I disagree. History shows the muslims started the violence. Islam began and only spread as a result of violence (wars, restrictions placed on non-muslims after conquest, etc.).

At this point I don't think it will end.
Wherever Muslims are in abundance, there is bloodshed. If they can't kill Christians, Jews, Buddhists or Hindus, they turn on themselves. The reason is that it is a false religion. I know some very decent non-fanatical Muslims, who were born into the faith, but just don't know the facts about their own religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies