Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 07:10 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
gays rub their way of life in everyone's faces with their corny little rainbow flags and disgusting parades in every major city, trying to make it as though a man liking balls is "a-ok" lol
Why is it that homophobes are obsessed with the sex details of gays? Something they just can't stop picturing for some strange reason, I guess.

Quote:
i was born in the mid 80s every generation that has come after has been getting dumber and dumber so its not surprising that those polls show what they show
And your basing your conclusion on what quantitative data exactly? Or are you just pulling things out of your . . . . No need to answer; it's all too clear.

Quote:
All gays do is whine about how people dont accept them "omg we're victims" comparing their issues with marriage laws to the struggles of black people before and during the civil rights movement. what a joke. black people were lynched and murdered,

Last edited by helenejen; 04-25-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 07:13 PM

54 posts, read 46,925 times
Quote:
All gays do is whine about how people dont accept them "omg we're victims" comparing their issues with marriage laws to the struggles of black people before and during the civil rights movement. what a joke. black people were lynched and murdered, gays rub their way of life in everyone's faces with their corny little rainbow flags and disgusting parades in every major city, trying to make it as though a man liking balls is "a-ok" lol
i was born in the mid 80s every generation that has come after has been getting dumber and dumber so its not surprising that those polls show what they show
When you failed High School you shouldn't be talking about things like this.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:19 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,032,105 times
go marry each other and be done with it you dont and never did need the govs permission. i married in a church without a state marrige licence and it was perfectly legal and upheld in our divorce. you dont need laws to justify your behavior

Old 03-17-2010, 07:28 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
All gays do is whine about how people dont accept them "omg we're victims" comparing their issues with marriage laws to the struggles of black people before and during the civil rights movement. what a joke. black people were lynched and murdered, gays rub their way of life in everyone's faces with their corny little rainbow flags and disgusting parades in every major city, trying to make it as though a man liking balls is "a-ok" lol
I actually I'm gay and that's not all I do. I don't wine at all. I demand. I am as American as you are and I (should) have all of the same rights you do.

By the way, since you think all gays do is whine, I will let you know that I run a very successful computer training company, make money hand over fist, travel, dine out in great restaurants and have loads of fun with friends and family.

What DO you do besides whine that you are opposed to letting your fellow Americans have the same rights you enjoy?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:17 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I actually I'm gay and that's not all I do. I don't wine at all. I demand. I am as American as you are and I (should) have all of the same rights you do.

By the way, since you think all gays do is whine, I will let you know that I run a very successful computer training company, make money hand over fist, travel, dine out in great restaurants and have loads of fun with friends and family.

What DO you do besides whine that you are opposed to letting your fellow Americans have the same rights you enjoy?
One thing I don't do is try to brag about what I do for money on the internet. LOL @ trying to impress strangers on the internet. "i go to great restaurants" lolol wow how impressive
get a life

Old 03-17-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
One thing I don't do is try to brag about what I do for money on the internet. LOL @ trying to impress strangers on the internet. "i go to great restaurants" lolol wow how impressive
get a life
Can't remember your own post? You stated the following:

Quote:
All gays do is whine about how people dont accept them
Mlassoff offered a refutation to your ridiculous claim by offering examples of what he does in his own life as a man who happens to be gay and does not just "whine." It's called an argument. Get a life yourself and an education while you're at it.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:27 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
get a life
Hey dude... Read the post I was responding to. And seriously, whatever you do for money on the internet... Keep it to yourself. I am assuming it involves Craigslist and small farm animals.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:00 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,565 times
i refuse to accept any special definition for "homophobia" that isn't present in any other phobias.
but even if i were to accept the special priviledges given to the word, i do not discriminate against or have prejudices towards gays. i'm sure you're having fun assuming things since you have no idea what you're talking about.

and i find your remarks about "aristotle" very cute, you'll impress anybody age 17 or younger with posts like those. unfortunately to anybody that's gotten passed their freshman year of college all you're doing is bringing up fond memories about their first undergraduate elective courses

and surely since you're quoting m-w you wouldn't disagree with their definition of the word 'statement'
1 : something stated: as a : a single declaration or remark : assertion b : a report of facts or opinions
2 : the act or process of stating or presenting orally or on paper

which is what I've done. not to be confused with an argument, which is not what we're having. this is a pissing contest on who can quote random internet dictionaries.
with that said i'm going to have dinner now.

enjoy yourself

Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
i refuse to accept any special definition for "homophobia" that isn't present in any other phobias.
Doesn't make the definitions any less true.

Quote:
but even if i were to accept the special priviledges given to the word, i do not discriminate against or have prejudices towards gays. i'm sure you're having fun assuming things since you have no idea what you're talking about.
Your own words reveal otherwise. Or are you suggesting that you freely state such opinions with the gays that you work with and go to school with? I'm sure they just love you. No, I have a feeling that you've trained yourself to keep your homophobia to yourself, at least around gays.

Quote:
and i find your remarks about "aristotle" very cute, you'll impress anybody age 17 or younger with posts like those. unfortunately to anybody that's gotten passed their freshman year of college all you're doing is bringing up fond memories about their first undergraduate elective courses
"aristotle"? Why would you put Aristotle in quotes? Have you never heard of Aristotle or do you not know how quotations function? Maybe both?

Quote:
and surely since you're quoting m-w you wouldn't disagree with their definition of the word 'statement'
1 : something stated: as a : a single declaration or remark : assertion b :a report of facts or opinions
2 : the act or process of stating or presenting orally or on paper

which is what I've done. not to be confused with an argument, which is not what we're having. this is a pissing contest on who can quote random internet dictionaries.
Opinion is an argument. Oh, I actually feel bad for you at this point.

Quote:
with that said i'm going to have dinner now. enjoy yourself
Good luck using a fork. I know you can do it, if you really try.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:03 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,470,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Certainly a good sign of the change that will no doubt come in time:

"Overall, 65% of the college freshmen surveyed last fall supported same-sex marriage, compared with 58% of Americans 18 to 29 years old and 39 percent of the population nationwide, according to the Pew research groups' study."

And interestingly, 24% of the "most conservative college students say that same-sex couples" should be able to legally marry.
College Freshmen Support Gay Marriage More Strongly Than Do All Americans - Students - The Chronicle of Higher Education
This hatred and bigotry will die off, just as it did for other groups before it. One day will look back on shame at how we treated our fellow man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies