Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:08 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times

Advertisements

And most 18-29 year olds think Pop Tarts are a food group....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 PM

21 posts, read 12,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
i refuse to accept any special definition for "homophobia" that isn't present in any other phobias.
That's called denial right there.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
65% of College Freshman and 58% of 18-29 Years Old ........don't truly know God. "Affiliation" and belief are two different things.

No God, No Peace. Know God, Know Peace.

The correlation is quite easy to nail down. It's been happening, as prophecied by the Bible, for centuries. This is no surprise to me.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 03-17-2010 at 11:49 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-17-2010, 11:19 PM

845 posts, read 2,328,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Those old SOBS are living longer these days. However, obesity seems to be a major problem for them. Lets hope that has an effect on eradicating the bigotry.

But seriously, I think it is really pathetic when people actually poll the public about these non-issues and people are actually voting against something that is a non-issue. Gay sex and gay marriage doesn't affect you unless you are engaging in it. Duh.

But, I think those old SF people are dying quicker.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:24 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,131,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Certainly a good sign of the change that will no doubt come in time:

"Overall, 65% of the college freshmen surveyed last fall supported same-sex marriage, compared with 58% of Americans 18 to 29 years old and 39 percent of the population nationwide, according to the Pew research groups' study."

And interestingly, 24% of the "most conservative college students say that same-sex couples" should be able to legally marry.
College Freshmen Support Gay Marriage More Strongly Than Do All Americans - Students - The Chronicle of Higher Education
That's more like a very negative sign. I am 23; count me out of that majority.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:41 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,200,624 times
I'm 20 and I think gays should have a right to get marry or civil unions. I sometimes wonder how accurate these surveys are.

39% is still kind of low though for the general population.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:46 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I'm 20 and I think gays should have a right to get marry or civil unions. I sometimes wonder how accurate these surveys are.

39% is still kind of low though for the general population.
Civil Unions and the "right to marry" are two different situations altogther. Many who dont' support gay marriage are in favor of civil unions.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:46 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
enjoy yourself
From what I learned from my Human Sexuality class 2 days ago, men who were homophobic or had negative reactions/emotions against gay men were more likely (around 40%) to be aroused when watching gay men getting freaky deaky in private. Enjoy yourself with this tidbit~

Also, didn't your English teacher tell you to always capitalize the first letter of every sentence? Then again, I'm not surprised your education is low...America has fallen on tough times

Old 03-17-2010, 11:53 PM

839 posts, read 982,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Civil Unions and the "right to marry" are two different situations altogther. Many who dont' support gay marriage are in favor of civil unions.
I myself don't give a damn what you call it as long as gay couples are afforded the same rights as heterosexual couples when it comes to legal treatment. All rights, responsibilities, etc. that are granted by the government to legally married heterosexual couples should be granted to legally united gay couples. Whether we call such a relationship marriage or civil union doesn't matter. It's the legal treatment that matters.

Quite frankly, the government shouldn't really be involved in the business of marriage at all. Marriage should be a strictly religious institution; the government should be in the business of 'civil unions.' Really, this is just semantics, but... it would make things a little easier/less controversial. Let people marry in a church if they choose and call it a marriage, if they choose, but let it be seen as a 'civil union' in the eyes of the state.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:54 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Now if we could just get any number of Gay people, old and young alike, who, like myself, are adamantly opposed to Gay marriage, to cross the fence to being proponents of Gay marriage......................................

Please, don't lump us all together on this! I'm Gay, and have no Gay friends that support Gay marriage, or marriage between heterosexuals, for that matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies