Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 04:37 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,233,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Another very personal liberty gone bye bye.

IMO this is nothing short of illegal search and seizure. Period!

"For Brian McGacken of Farmingdale, New Jersey, an evening of loud sex resulted in a 10-year prison sentence for growing marijuana."

Loud Sex Enough for Cops to Search Your Home, Court Rules | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet
LOL..thats funny. You must be really loud!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL>>>> If you are growing marijuana in your house...be low key!! DUH!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 04:38 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,037,169 times
So ironically in an effort to protect a person, the cops effectively destroyed the person's life. And over growing natural "God-given" seeds. What a ludicrous law.

I agree, illegal search and seizure. (if not illegal then at least immoral and anti-human rights)

Old 03-18-2010, 04:39 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,180,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Didn't Obama start The Great Chicago Fire of 1871?
That as far back as you're going? Hell, Obama was a part of the Crusades!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 05:52 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,859,260 times
This is just getting out of hand.

Add to the man that was naked in his house making coffee and went to jail.

This opens the door for cops to just say we heard a scream we can now come into your house. No probable cause no civil rights.

Say hello bigger gov

Old 03-18-2010, 05:59 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,107,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
This is just ridiculous.
Yeah, well, if anything, it is something that someone else is doing that should be stopped or toned down becasue it infringes on my right to quiet. Same as if someone has loud music... it is called disturbing the peace.

Not sure if it is right to search based on this situation though.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,344,140 times
Amnesty and reparations for all marijuana related "crimes" - now!

Old 03-18-2010, 06:21 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,037,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Yeah, well, if anything, it is something that someone else is doing that should be stopped or toned down becasue it infringes on my right to quiet. Same as if someone has loud music... it is called disturbing the peace.
Only during quiet hours... around here that's 10pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Amnesty and reparations for all marijuana related "crimes" - now!
Agreed. And 10 years for growing natural plants? That's insane. What harm are marijuana users doing that deserve such a harsh punishment?

Old 03-18-2010, 06:27 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,344,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Agreed. And 10 years for growing natural plants? That's insane. What harm are marijuana users doing that deserve such a harsh punishment?
I'm sure you don't see the logic in the sentencing, but others do.

They will be reporting here shortly.

Even if by their ab-sense.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:28 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,549,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It is never too soon or too late to blame Obama.

I heard Obama was reponsible for the box office bombs "Gigli" and "Battlefield Earth." I've also heard that he is to blame for the Buffalo Bills losing the Super Bowl 4 years in a row in the early 90s.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:32 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,103,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
So ironically in an effort to protect a person, the cops effectively destroyed the person's life. And over growing natural "God-given" seeds. What a ludicrous law.

I agree, illegal search and seizure. (if not illegal then at least immoral and anti-human rights)
Oh, goodie, I get to be a law and order conservative!

Excuse me if I differ. The only person who destroyed a life was the resident who chose to grow illegal plants in his home. Had the girlfriend been covering for, let's say a child murder/kidnapping, we would all be screaming for the said police officers' badges, guns, pensions, and scalps had they just taken her word that the screams were the product of amorous exertion and not the cries of a injured child.

(ok the child thing is a bit of pandering, so substitute any person of your choice, home owner, parents, third but non-cooperating sexual partner)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies