Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:15 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,048,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Two old posters that I miss is TnHilltopper and Kovert, both were interesting and very smart, they made my brain look like mush. I enjoy posters that I can learn from and gives me a break from the partisan drivel.
Blade, if my old posts turned your brain into mush, my current and future ones just might cause your head to explode!

Enjoy:

The Money Masters

&

The Secret of Oz

-----------------------------Spoilers Below----------------------------

I recommend watching the masters video 1st and the oz 2nd.

The masters flick is over 3 hrs, so your attention my drift from time to time, but the oz is where most of the 1st film main points are summarized.

Bill Still often quotes Milton Friedman and from what I've found online appears to be a Libertarian, yet Michael Hudson (who has worked with Denny as an economic advisor) and Ellen (although I have no record of how she identifies herself, she often appears on left leaning media like HuffPo) are given plenty of on screen time in the oz flick.

Denny's recent legislation regarding the Federal Reserve seems to be along the lines of one of the solutions Ellie and Still advocate to solve our economic problems.

Still I prefer the solution of having individual states owning their own banks independent of the Federal Reserve or the FDIC (along the lines of the Bank of North Dakota) AND having nonprofit, full reserve (no fractional lending which Still strongly argues is fraudelent), saving banks at the municipal level.

50 or more players that are largely independent and have home team support would be harder to entrap than a large, centralized entity which is very secretive and remote from the masses of the population. Democratize, decentralize, localize and most of all revitalize!

I found Still's info on the decline of the use of silver as currency to be very insightful, along with his historical slant on the gold standard.

I suspect the Paulians might be turned off by Still's views on the gold standard, but despite that, locally OWNED and CONTROLLED banks are something that many across the political and ideological spectrum would be interested in.

One wonders why Still & Brown do not get more media attention?

Old 11-28-2011, 02:56 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Blade, if my old posts turned your brain into mush, my current and future ones just might cause your head to explode!

Enjoy:

The Money Masters

&

The Secret of Oz

-----------------------------Spoilers Below----------------------------

I recommend watching the masters video 1st and the oz 2nd.

The masters flick is over 3 hrs, so your attention my drift from time to time, but the oz is where most of the 1st film main points are summarized.

Bill Still often quotes Milton Friedman and from what I've found online appears to be a Libertarian, yet Michael Hudson (who has worked with Denny as an economic advisor) and Ellen (although I have no record of how she identifies herself, she often appears on left leaning media like HuffPo) are given plenty of on screen time in the oz flick.

Denny's recent legislation regarding the Federal Reserve seems to be along the lines of one of the solutions Ellie and Still advocate to solve our economic problems.

Still I prefer the solution of having individual states owning their own banks independent of the Federal Reserve or the FDIC (along the lines of the Bank of North Dakota) AND having nonprofit, full reserve (no fractional lending which Still strongly argues is fraudelent), saving banks at the municipal level.

50 or more players that are largely independent and have home team support would be harder to entrap than a large, centralized entity which is very secretive and remote from the masses of the population. Democratize, decentralize, localize and most of all revitalize!

I found Still's info on the decline of the use of silver as currency to be very insightful, along with his historical slant on the gold standard.

I suspect the Paulians might be turned off by Still's views on the gold standard, but despite that, locally OWNED and CONTROLLED banks are something that many across the political and ideological spectrum would be interested in.

One wonders why Still & Brown do not get more media attention?
Good to hear from you and hope you post as much as your times allows. I have seen Still's Money Masters and he did a excellent job of describing our monetary system and the control and corruption of the banksters. I have not seen the Secret of Oz but will check it out.

There are rumors that Still could seek the Libertarian parties nomination, that could be a dog fight if Barr tries to run again and Wayne Allyn Root. If Paul does not get the nod I would look closely at Still or Root, if it is Barr I do not vote for creepy {R} retreads.

As you know I am on board with Ellen Browns idea of state run banks for the same reasons locally owned and controlled. Instead of interest payments fattening investor portfolios the money on interest goes into the states general fund. Where the State can re invest and fund infrastructure projects, education, and training with out running up massive amount of debt.

The people of the states would have some kind of recourse to weed out corruption from either of the pathetic parties. They would also have recourse to change direction from incompetency. What do we have now? the FR and the banksters leading our leaders around like a dominatrix with a leash.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Good to hear from you and hope you post as much as your times allows.
Been real busy, gotta get my act together, 'cause with what I've been researching, I am NOT gonna let any catastrophe get the best of me.

Quote:
I have seen Still's Money Masters and he did a excellent job of describing our monetary system and the control and corruption of the banksters. I have not seen the Secret of Oz but will check it out.
I enjoyed Oz better actually, the 1st flick was just so long, and I'm going have to go through it again since I kept dozing off, lol.

Quote:
There are rumors that Still could seek the Libertarian parties nomination, that could be a dog fight if Barr tries to run again and Wayne Allyn Root. If Paul does not get the nod I would look closely at Still or Root, if it is Barr I do not vote for creepy {R} retreads.
Don't know much about those cats other than Paul. Say Blade, in the right wing/libertarian community, how well have Stills' banking solutions been received? I know the Paulians keep talking about eliminating the Reserve and going back to the gold standard, but frankly Still seems to have the most viable alternatives to our current monetary system.

Does Still have as much a following as Paul?

Quote:
As you know I am on board with Ellen Browns idea of state run banks for the same reasons locally owned and controlled. Instead of interest payments fattening investor portfolios the money on interest goes into the states general fund. Where the State can re invest and fund infrastructure projects, education, and training with out running up massive amount of debt.

The people of the states would have some kind of recourse to weed out corruption from either of the pathetic parties. They would also have recourse to change direction from incompetency. What do we have now? the FR and the banksters leading our leaders around like a dominatrix with a leash.
Yep, publicly funded campaigns so candidates no longer have to prostitute themselves and our country; credit for local entrepreneurs; develop local alternative energy initiatives, like algae; all these the state can develop for themselves independent of either the federal government and Wall Street.

So again, one must ask, why has the mainstream media largely ignored the likes of Ellen Brown and Bill Still?

Old 11-28-2011, 05:27 PM

You know how Paul supporters are, on most issues they agree and with some it is a mixed bag. On Still I would say some like him and others are luke warm but there is not hatred. But that could change if Paul gets the nod and Still is running against him as a Libertarian, Paul supporters would be very unhappy.

Myself, if I have Still's position right is he wants the Treasury too issue coin and determine the value. Which Paul supporters should have no problem with since that is a true constitutional role of the federal gvt.

On state banking it is a mixed bag there are those who like Ellen Brown's idea and those who are hostile to it. I think a lot of that is because they perceive her as a left leaner and both Paul's to my knowledge have never made a stand one way or the other. I wish they would and the idea could catch some fire.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
You know how Paul supporters are, on most issues they agree and with some it is a mixed bag. On Still I would say some like him and others are luke warm but there is not hatred. But that could change if Paul gets the nod and Still is running against him as a Libertarian, Paul supporters would be very unhappy.

Myself, if I have Still's position right is he wants the Treasury too issue coin and determine the value. Which Paul supporters should have no problem with since that is a true constitutional role of the federal gvt.

On state banking it is a mixed bag there are those who like Ellen Brown's idea and those who are hostile to it. I think a lot of that is because they perceive her as a left leaner and both Paul's to my knowledge have never made a stand one way or the other. I wish they would and the idea could catch some fire.
Its kinda weird, because I would think the Paulians would be excited about a more decentralized/localized, state based banking system.

Still, there is plenty of food for thought on this here interwebs.

Blade, these vids are more digestible as they are not too long, but still pack quite a punch.

Should Banks be a Public Utility?

&

North Dakota Tells Wall St. Not Only Game in Town

Old 11-29-2011, 01:32 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That may be fine for some people, but I'm happy using a major bank. I've tried smaller community banks in the past, but wasn't happy with them.

That has nothing to do with it. Its a state charted bank. There is no reason why states need to borrow money from banks when they can fund state projects with their own banks at much cheaper rates. There is no reason to have state debt. You do want this to follow some very strict rules however.

1. No funding for out of state projects.
2. No projects above a 7th grade level understanding like roads and bridges.
3. Referendums for significant projects

...and so on.

North Dakota has done it for 90 years and they are quite solvent.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:52 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Been real busy, gotta get my act together, 'cause with what I've been researching, I am NOT gonna let any catastrophe get the best of me.

I enjoyed Oz better actually, the 1st flick was just so long, and I'm going have to go through it again since I kept dozing off, lol.

Don't know much about those cats other than Paul. Say Blade, in the right wing/libertarian community, how well have Stills' banking solutions been received? I know the Paulians keep talking about eliminating the Reserve and going back to the gold standard, but frankly Still seems to have the most viable alternatives to our current monetary system.

Does Still have as much a following as Paul?

Yep, publicly funded campaigns so candidates no longer have to prostitute themselves and our country; credit for local entrepreneurs; develop local alternative energy initiatives, like algae; all these the state can develop for themselves independent of either the federal government and Wall Street.

So again, one must ask, why has the mainstream media largely ignored the likes of Ellen Brown and Bill Still?
The two primary threats of a democracy are:

* tyranny of the majority
* low grade intellect of the populace

Therefore based upon the principle of the latter, creating complexity also defeats it. Informing the public and creating a simple money system is not in the interests of our crony lords.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

Therefore based upon the principle of the latter, creating complexity also defeats it. Informing the public and creating a simple money system is not in the interests of our crony lords.
Frankly its almost criminal Ellie and Still are not given much media coverage. Still Ellie has not given up getting the message out there.

Where are all the so-called fiscal conservatives, where are all the usual whiners and criers always talking about paying off the debt? How do they expect to pay off debt when our entire economy is based on debt in the 1st place? I truly would like all the constant posters who groan and moan about debt, to state their position on the the proposals, Denny, Ellie and Still have made.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
kovert;21903059]Its kinda weird, because I would think the Paulians would be excited about a more decentralized/localized, state based banking system.
One of the reason could be that we are so interlocked with the rest of the world and with all the globalization they might be afraid of what the consequences would be. I have thought of that myself and if the idea came to fruitation most likely there would be a crash. On the other hand we could be heading for a crash regardless.

But the idea itself should be attractive to Paul supporters and the other {R}s due to the fact that one of their talking points is "empowering the states " Also it brings in revenue with out taxation, how could they be against that?

ND bank was rated number 1 in the country and guess what they are really solvent. They also have a nice revenue problem where they might do away with the property tax. There is another point the right should love they are cutting taxes.

Quote:
North Dakotans will vote on the measure in June. It eliminates property taxes, retroactive to Jan. 1, 2012.
Supporters of the ballot measure commissioned a study by the Beacon Hill Institute, a Boston think tank, which estimated the change would increase each North Dakotan's disposable income by $876, or 3.2 percent, in its first year.
The study also estimated that abolishing property taxes would result in almost $700 million of increased business investment annually.
http://www.minotdailynews.com/page/c....html?nav=5583

I can see ND thriving in the future while the rest of the country stagnates.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

I think we are seeing those two threats playing out already, the only question that remains is will it be a {R} or a {D} tyranny. I think I will find out in my lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies