Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 04:17 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,953,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Anything but your opinion?

Do you have anything but an opinion as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 04:24 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,317,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Now this is an issue worth protesting. Indict the Bush/Cheney Crime Family now!
Indict them over what?

Besides, Bush and Cheney are not the subject of this thread.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partofthenet View Post
I was thinking the same thing as Wayland Woman---So every spanish-speaking household is illegal?
In the eyes of the average Republican voter, yes.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:26 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Instapundit » Blog Archive » PROTESTING OBAMACARE IN WASHINGTON: Reader Barrett Cunningham sends this photo and reports: “It’s …

30,000 - not bad for a rally only called a couple days ago.

But they represent millions across the country that couldn't make it.
I attended one here today in South Fla.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:37 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partofthenet View Post
I was thinking the same thing as Wayland Woman---So every spanish-speaking household is illegal?

No not every house, just the majority are or once were illegals . Reagan gave amnesty to many and many others just stayed and melted into society.

Who do you think supports most of these 3500 and more latino groups all over the nation ?

Latinos are not all illegals, they are jus the most for now .

We also have irish, russian ,asian, middle eastern , cuban and many other illegals here now , some on overstayed visas, permits and passports . All just waiting for Uncle Santa to pass out the amnesty gifts .

Americans will never have another vote after this year if amnesty is passed . When all the rest of whats left of the jobs are gone, there will be tyranny and chaos like this nation hasn't known since it was civilized . Marchal law will be enforced and cultures will clash like they do in Africa . Nobody will be safe . We already can no longer feed our people . Our enemes are now feeding us because our farms have been regulated out of business . Our resources are stretched and no way can we take in the equavilant of 16 mores states or 100 million more people .

Old 03-20-2010, 05:00 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
FYI, official estimates of the Tea Party event this week were several hundred. Fewer actually than saw the "Parade of the Pachyderms", a march of elephants through downtown streets staged by Ringling Bros. circus who are at the Verizon Center this weekend. There was also an anti-war march and demonstration in DC this week. It was several times larger than the Tea Party thing...

Old 03-20-2010, 05:03 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
No not every house, just the majority are or once were illegals . Reagan gave amnesty to many and many others just stayed and melted into society.

Who do you think supports most of these 3500 and more latino groups all over the nation ?

Latinos are not all illegals, they are jus the most for now .

We also have irish, russian ,asian, middle eastern , cuban and many other illegals here now , some on overstayed visas, permits and passports . All just waiting for Uncle Santa to pass out the amnesty gifts .

Americans will never have another vote after this year if amnesty is passed . When all the rest of whats left of the jobs are gone, there will be tyranny and chaos like this nation hasn't known since it was civilized . Marchal law will be enforced and cultures will clash like they do in Africa . Nobody will be safe . We already can no longer feed our people . Our enemes are now feeding us because our farms have been regulated out of business . Our resources are stretched and no way can we take in the equavilant of 16 mores states or 100 million more people .
Ya, I think the American Indians felt that same way when the white Europeans took over the place, but they had good reason to feel that way. You, on the other hand, seem to be buying into the paranoid that the people who sell guns, gold and living-off-the-grid books love to keep going.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 03-20-2010 at 05:45 PM..

Old 03-20-2010, 05:43 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,896,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Ya, I think the American Indians felt that same way when the white Europeans took over the place, but they had good reason to feel that way. You, on the other hand, seem to be buying into the paranoid that the people who sell guns, gold and living-of-the-grid books love to keep going.

American Indians didn't own land first off also they were fighting with each other and the french and spanish before we came . They have had many many chances to improve their situations and still prefer to live like they did hundreds of years ago before they came here from asia . Archeologist have found remains of europeans that pre-date the indians wonder who wiped them out ?

My best friend of over 50 yr.s is half cherrokee her mother was full cherokke . I love and have loved her a long time .

Old 03-20-2010, 06:00 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
American Indians didn't own land first off also they were fighting with each other and the french and spanish before we came . They have had many many chances to improve their situations and still prefer to live like they did hundreds of years ago before they came here from asia . Archeologist have found remains of europeans that pre-date the indians wonder who wiped them out ?

My best friend of over 50 yr.s is half cherrokee her mother was full cherokke . I love and have loved her a long time .
Because indigenous people didn't have deeds to the land they lived on since the dawning of time, then it was okay for others to come along take it from them? "Improve their situation?" Who are we to judge whether or not they were happy with their 'situation' or not before the white man came?

But you bring up an interesting point. The Spanish people did have a foothold in this country long before the so-called whites came here therefore those modern day Spanish speaking immigrants you hate so much probably have more right to be here than you do.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
That's not true at all. Why do you spread lies?

Most polls have it about even, with a slight edge to being against it in some.
Uh....no.

Quote:
Even Rasmussen, a poll that leans WAY to the right at all times, comes up with a number that is barely a majority, and certainly not a VAST majority. And the poll from the Kaiser Family Foundation shows ... wait a minute! I thought ALL the polls showed a VAST majority against the health care reform bill?

Guess it depends on what ALL means, and VAST means, eh?
Vast.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Obama and Democrats' Health Care Plan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies