Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 07:58 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,609 times

Advertisements

So now the mullahs do not want to destroy Israel?
A-jad, his predecessor, the Supreme Leader, the army chief of staff, generals, and members of parliament have all unambiguously threatened to destroy Israel.
Iran writes "Death to Israel" and "Death to the United States" on missiles exhibited on parade. Iranian MPs have boasted that they would use their nuclear weapons to destroy Israel. "Islam would survive the retaliation, but Israel will be gone forever."
Iran wants to destroy Israel - so what else is new?
Ahmadinejad: Destroy Israel, End Crisis

Getting back to the thread, it's not only Afghanistan. The Islamic Republic is responsible for thousands of American casualties in Iraq:
http://noblesseoblige.org/wordpress/...ories-located/
LiveLeak.com - Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq: IED on US Humvee, Canal Street Baghdad
U.S.: Iran helped in deadly Iraq strike - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2007-07-02-iran-hezbollah_N.htm - broken link)
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...k_for_iraq.asp
http://www.armytimes.com/news/2007/0...niniraq070211/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 08:11 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The Taliban are Sunni, Iran is Shiite. Actually the Iranians were battling the Taliban in Western Afghanistan before 9/11. SO if Iran is helping any tribal chiefs they are probably those few Shiites along the Iranian Border
Back when the US was funding the Taliban, I believe.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:46 AM

731 posts, read 776,416 times
Iran is playing two games here, one is to help the Taliban to give the U.S. a hard time, and second is they're trying to have close relations with Karzai's government.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 AM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well that should be enough reason to invade right ? Oh wait..the Dems don't like war.
Oh wait..we're still fighting 2 wars now.

We can't afford to war with a third country..we're too broke.
We can't even defend our own borders yet we're off rebuilding almost 1/2 of the Middle East.
What an upside down world we live in these days.
I agree. The politicians in washington are quite unpopular.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:55 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Iran is playing two games here, one is to help the Taliban to give the U.S. a hard time, and second is they're trying to have close relations with Karzai's government.
Would that be like the US backing Sunni, Baluchistani terrorist attacks into Iran?
Sunni and Shiite don't mix

Old 03-21-2010, 09:40 AM

946 posts, read 2,604,405 times
You should be glad the Iranians are training the Taliban on their own dime, unlike the Pakistanis, who certainly have used some of the billions we've sent them to help their proxy fighters, the Taliban.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:55 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
I see APAC is in the house.

Trust me fella the corporations and the complex dont care about the troops. They dont give a flying flip about the troops or America. More IED planting teams means we need more orders for armed preadator drones.... Do you see where I am going with this. This is all a game. Do like I do and read some of these Conservative think tank's literature and all will be revealed to you.
you seem to have a lot of interesting observations, but i would like to ask you then why are you over there? i find it interesting that you blame this on "conservatives" yet we have a liberal commander in chief.

is it just a job for you?

Last edited by floridasandy; 03-21-2010 at 10:06 AM..

Old 03-21-2010, 12:01 PM

504 posts, read 457,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you seem to have a lot of interesting observations, but i would like to ask you then why are you over there? i find it interesting that you blame this on "conservatives" yet we have a liberal commander in chief.

is it just a job for you?

To be honest friend if you cant beat em friend you join'em in the spoils of war. I am a contractor and being here 5.5yrs has made me a millionaire. I'm not way up the food chain in profiteering but it pays the bills lol. So I can say I got mines and the means to survive whatever a Palin lead America has to dishout. If People dont wake up and hold "THEIR" Govt accountable they deserve what is coming when things are handed back to the GOP.

After seeing what the dems had to offer when in complete control most libs now see that the Dems are corporate owned.

Now when the Conservative retards get to see what the Republicans have to offer when in complete control they too will be disillusioned

And from the ashes of this BS 2 party Cabaal maybe we can resurrect America to what it really should be.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:36 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
To be honest friend if you cant beat em friend you join'em in the spoils of war. I am a contractor and being here 5.5yrs has made me a millionaire. I'm not way up the food chain in profiteering but it pays the bills lol. So I can say I got mines and the means to survive whatever a Palin lead America has to dishout. If People dont wake up and hold "THEIR" Govt accountable they deserve what is coming when things are handed back to the GOP.

After seeing what the dems had to offer when in complete control most libs now see that the Dems are corporate owned.

Now when the Conservative retards get to see what the Republicans have to offer when in complete control they too will be disillusioned

And from the ashes of this BS 2 party Cabaal maybe we can resurrect America to what it really should be.
i am glad that you are not a soldier with that attitude. people like you who complain about the problem WHILE PARTICIPATING become part of the problem.

since you are over there, you don't realize that there are a LOT of people who are awake now (the single biggest wake up call to america was the WALL STREET BAILOUT), who are fighting for this country, and who are not going to voluntarily turn it over to the thieves who have been in office and continue to be in office.

change may not happen overnight, but it is going to happen.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:26 PM

504 posts, read 457,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am glad that you are not a soldier with that attitude. people like you who complain about the problem WHILE PARTICIPATING become part of the problem.

since you are over there, you don't realize that there are a LOT of people who are awake now (the single biggest wake up call to america was the WALL STREET BAILOUT), who are fighting for this country, and who are not going to voluntarily turn it over to the thieves who have been in office and continue to be in office.

change may not happen overnight, but it is going to happen.
The people arent awake yet. Just for an EXAMPLE.

The left is letting the Dems getaway with this big wet kiss to the insurance industry instead of single payer.

The Idiots on the right want to continue the status quo with the health insurance companies raping, pillaging and ruining everyday Americans. A bunch of old white people on social security & Medicare screaming that they dont want socialized medicine lol.

Both positions are asinine both sides are letting the media frame their arguments and views........ That my friend is not awake. If the president was white there wouldnt even be a Tea Party. That is not awake.

People from both sides should be marching on Washington against:

The Patriot Act
Telecomm immunity
NAFTA/CAFTA
The Supreme courts decision on corporate participation in elections
Illegal immigration
These 2 illegal wars.
Electronic voting
Theres many many more reasons.........................

People arent awake yet. Folks will be awake when there are Gallows or Guillotines sitting on the Whitehouse lawn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies