Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:05 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Thank you denverian for proving that the left will automatically toss out the race card with out even knowing the facts. And what's even funnier is you did not even bother to read the OP mentioned that both suspects were African American in his first post.
It's their knee-jerk unthinking rhetoric, as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 09:08 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
What the heck is going on in he US??? I couldn't believe all the "The End Is Near!" & Doomsday bible prophesy crap I kept seeing people posting on the internet today! Never knew thre were so many wacked-out people in this country!!
What happened was when "the sleeping giant" awoke it was cranky and ignorant but some people thought they could harness it's strength so they told it that it was the last of it's kind, the only "real American", and it alone knew more about the Constitution and what's right for the country and even the world than the liberal "elite", elected officials, Ivy League educated scholars, world leaders, and even the Supreme Court!

It really does need to go back to sleep.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:09 PM

148 posts, read 169,159 times
While I am not dumb enough to say do that I would never lose a wink of sleep over it I would go to the store and buy a few 6 packs and some cigars to celebrate. Then I would be pissed because whoever did it waited until he forced communist care on the country.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:13 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader14 View Post
While I am not dumb enough to say do that I would never lose a wink of sleep over it I would go to the store and buy a few 6 packs and some cigars to celebrate. Then I would be pissed because whoever did it waited until he forced communist care on the country.
Wow, you just keep it classy won't you. As much as I've disliked Bush and his policies, I've never wished for his death or thought I would celebrate such a thing.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:15 PM

148 posts, read 169,159 times
I did the same for Bush I liked him until 2003 and the economy bit the dust and he lied us into a war for Israel,passed the "patriot act". Just to name a few.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,132 times
I thought it MOST appropriate to post this excerpt from College News;

According to US law 8 USC Sec. 871, “Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States… shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.”

Give them the maximum on both. First offense or not. Bush tore this country apart. But Obama's death threats are 400% higher than that of Bush. Now, who gets more angry, hateful, and homicidal with total lack of regard for human life?

And as always... a link(s);

Secret Service under strain as leaders face more threats - The Boston Globe

Report: Unprecedented Number Of Death Threats Against Obama -- And Secret Service Overwhelmed | TPM LiveWire

Last edited by shroombeanie; 03-22-2010 at 09:39 PM..

Old 03-22-2010, 09:33 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It looks like one of them has been identified:

College grad posts Obama assassination threats on Twitter - Collegenews. (http://www.collegenews.com/index.php?/article/college_grad_posts_obama_assassination_threats_on_ twitter_032220102033523/ - broken link)
Wow, I sure missed that call. It will be interesting to learn more about him and the other guy. Thanks for the update.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
I can't help it. I LOL'd at this

Quote:
why have health care or a steady job with benefits when you can have street cred, the currency of the ignorant

Old 03-22-2010, 09:38 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader14 View Post
It's just that type of ignorance that keeps this country down. Perfect example of why some animals eat their young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
Wow, you just keep it classy won't you. As much as I've disliked Bush and his policies, I've never wished for his death or thought I would celebrate such a thing.
That makes a lot more of us than just you. Thank-you.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 PM

515 posts, read 716,811 times
Oh, boo - hoo! Poor obammy! Didn't he have enough brains to know that there would be assassination threats before he even ran?

Quick someone, please tell the idiot that we have had Pesidents actually assassinated, Presidents almost assasinated and Presidents threatened with assassination long before he took up occupation in our White House!

How come the media never made a fuss over all the threats made against Dubya? Could the reason be that they couldn't blame racists?

Constitutional lawyer, my a$$!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies