Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times

Advertisements

I thought his first accomplishment was to sign a paper giving our tax money to other nations to be used to murder babies. I think you missed that one. After doing that, does anything he does really matter? Throw the bum out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 05:27 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Since you decided to put this in bold, prove this. Give me a source.
THINK!!

I do not have to prove to YOU anything. Look around, people are hurting and he comes the dems stealing more money from them by force.

Read the bill and you will find it.

The bill forces people to purchase insurance or be fined.

It forces people with little or NO MONEY will be forced to buy HC or they will be fined.

People with little or NO MONEY will now have to choose between paying for their scamcare, be fined or eat.

Sad.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:29 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
THINK!!

I do not have to prove to YOU anything. Look around, people are hurting and he comes the dems stealing more money from them by force.

Read the bill and you will find it.

The bill forces people to purchase insurance or be fined.

It forces people with little or NO MONEY will be forced to buy HC or they will be fined.

People with little or NO MONEY will now have to choose between paying for their scamcare, be fined or eat.

Sad.
It is also unconstitutional and I hope our courts put a stop to it on those grounds.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 PM

43 posts, read 41,815 times
That list is over a year old. A lot of those things haven't been realized.

The list is also filled with deceitful rhetoric. Take for example, #3. The Lilly Ledbetter act doesn't institute enforcement of equal pay. All it did was get rid of the statutes of limitations in equal pay lawsuits, despite sex, origin, religion, etc.

I hate to say this to you, but people are still being discriminating with regards to pay. Obama didn't just wave a magical wand and make everything better.

Take # 8. The government is NOT respecting the Freedom of Information Act. In fact, Obama is being more secretive than Bush.

The Democratic administration of Barack Obama, who denounced his predecessor, George W. Bush, as the most secretive in history, is now denying more Freedom of Information Act requests than the Republican did.

One of the exemptions allowed to deny Freedom of Information requests has been used by the Obama administration 70,779 times in its first year; the same exemption was used 47,395 times in Bush's final budget year.

An Associated Press examination of 17 major agencies' handling of FOIA requests found denials 466,872 times, an increase of nearly 50% from the 2008 fiscal year under Bush.
A little secret about Obama's transparency - Los Angeles Times

The list is too long to comment on ever single erroneous and disingenuous point, but keep living in a cave and keep drinking your kool-aid.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
The kool-aid party members are getting very, very desperate.

Making up lies about Obama accomplishments and becoming angry, hateful and aggressive to those who oppose him destroying this country.

Here is the number of major accomplishments of Obama's for quick reference.

ZERO

Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The kool-aid party members are getting very, very desperate.

Making up lies about Obama accomplishments and becoming angry, hateful and aggressive to those who oppose him destroying this country.

Here is the number of major accomplishments of Obama's for quick reference.

ZERO
I bet you get all your information from Fox news, don't you?

Old 03-26-2010, 08:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,685,125 times
He has a great track record so far. He's following through on the campaign promises he made, which is exactly what the people who voted for him were hoping for.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

So far, so good.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:49 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,878,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He has a great track record so far. He's following through on the campaign promises he made, which is exactly what the people who voted for him were hoping for.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

So far, so good.
You are exactly right, and all of the Republicans are whining like five year olds that can't get their way, it drives me nuts.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:43 PM

216 posts, read 698,629 times
what did bush do

Old 03-27-2010, 01:03 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Your list didn't include:

Signing into law the two largest tax increases in U.S. history, after having been in office for less than one month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
You're the reason I left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies