Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:42 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I would say the same thing about you, you keep reffering to him as Hussein...HE'S NOT MUSLIM.

Hey, word of advice, the koolaid is tainted with lies and misinformation from nut job neocons. Look, Glenn Beck is standing over the bowl, pissing into it....eww! But hey drink up, buddy.

As for being an unemployed 20 something...yah, as far as I'm concerned I've got it together. I have a great degree from a great school...I'm sure I have more of an education that half the tea partiers. I've only been outta school two months, so you know, I'm hardly at my crushing point. I've seen more of the world than most people here on this god-foresaken forum. I've lived in Europe, I've traveld the Middle East. I've seen the best and the worst of humanity all in the same day. I've also seen the potential of humanity and the greatness of the human spirit. The Tea Party Movement is not that!!!
What is Obamas middle name?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 12:57 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The Tea Bag party is having it's day in the sun.

Do they obey the parking laws as well as the rest?

Old 03-29-2010, 02:41 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,784,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Well we can start with its also about the debt this country is adding up. Its about politicians not listening to us. Its about them lying to us, Its about them wasting our money. Now before you bring up Bush lets remember his low approval rating and just how little support he actually had.

2nd what political party had majority the final Bush years? What party over rode Bushs veto.

What was Obamas job before becoming president.?

What Obama and democrats have done is further sink this nation into debt and do so while ignoring the peoples wishes.

That is your choice some would rather protest and hope that the rest of this country wakes up to whats happening to this country and the road we are walking down. I hope you dont think just because you dont support it give you good enough reason to call someone a childish name like we did in grade school. This is a some what free nation still and if some wish to protest that is their right

Have you been to a tea party to actually talk to someone to see if they have a clue?

Oh what is telling a nation " if we dont pass this stimulus we might not ever recover" What is telling a nation " that if we dont pass this healthcare bill we will go bankrupt" I that using fear?

You know enough of the name calling its so grade school.

Really no one is being taxed anymore smokers arent paying a higher tax then they were before Obama became president? Really

You think business are going to be hit with higher taxes and not pass that cost down to us? For some reason you think the only taxes people pay is income. Further more Obama hasnt givin anyone a tax cut hes handed out a tax credit. He didnt change or lower the tax code for us.

Fla is facing the highest unemployment its ever seen. We got 8.2 billion in stimulus money and it created about 83K jobs. Now please do the math on how much it cost us to create a job that might pay 30k a year. We have gone from each owing 56K in March of 2009 to 76k as of today to each will be owing 170k in 2020.Our share of the national debt The cbo reported. What do you think thats going to do to our taxes? If you wanna work to give it all to the gov thats on you but many doesnt.

Do you think we can keep increasing our national debt and at some point and time not have to increase our income tax?

Also let me ask you about the people that pay their bills. Are responsible dont buy houses they cant afford. Dont blow up their credit cards. Are over all responsible people. How fair is it for them that they are basically being punished by their gov because they have to pay for those that arent responsible

Have a nice day I doubt you need to hear that because after reading some of your other post you think enough of yourself that you dont need someone to tell you that. Because you know it all at the age of 20. Good luck you are going to need it

One, the policies of the Republicans and the Bush admin in the early-mid decade got us to this point. Tax cuts don't work. Buisness Unbridled growth got us to this point. It was states like Flordia, AZ, NV that this all started with, the housing buble burst. Built so quicky to people who couldn't afford a home, then sold those mortgages, vreating an atmoshere of greed. That wasn't the Dems fault, but it happened, now those in power are working on it.

Bush tripled the debt, two wars, tax cuts and the prescription drug fiasco, none of that was accounted into the national debt until Obama said it needs to be added.

I believe deeply in the right to protest...just choose a real thing to protest. So many in the tea party are misguided. Look at who they take their cues from, Sarah Palin and Michelle Bauchman, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

These times SUCK for everyone, no one is denying that, no one can deny that. Obama and the dems know that full well. What have the Republicans done as the minority recently, pout and say, No, No, No!! The way I see it, if the choice is 'No' or 'we're trying'...I'll take we're trying.

I haven't been to a Tea Party because I live in Massachusetts, and there aren't any I've heard of, if there are it's small up here. The only Tea Party we're concerned with up here in Massachusetts is the Boston Tea Party of 1772.

Obama hasn't raised your taxes....I personally believe that smokers should pay through the tooth for the priveldge to pollute my air. Heck, if I had my way, I would ban cigarettes period. Tax credits are a form of rebate, you'll see money back.

It's not really my fault you live in Florida, my economy up here in Massachusetts improved since the start of the year, so whatever problems you face, we haven't really seen here. But again, it must be that liberal tax laws.

As for bill paying, my mother is a single mother (my parents are recently divorced) she makes about 25,000 a year. We own a home, a large one, at that, we always have food on the table. she pays her medcial bill, and my borther's. She pays all the bills that come to her, she took out a second mortgage, and pays that off, and all in all, we are very happy, even up here in Taxachusetts.

Money is a personal repsponsibilty. It's no one elses fault by the indivudual. Spend within your means, etc, etc, etc. IF everyone did these things in the first place, we probably wouldn't be in a recession.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:57 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
One, the policies of the Republicans and the Bush admin in the early-mid decade got us to this point. Tax cuts don't work. Buisness Unbridled growth got us to this point. It was states like Flordia, AZ, NV that this all started with, the housing buble burst. Built so quicky to people who couldn't afford a home, then sold those mortgages, vreating an atmoshere of greed. That wasn't the Dems fault, but it happened, now those in power are working on it.

Bush tripled the debt, two wars, tax cuts and the prescription drug fiasco, none of that was accounted into the national debt until Obama said it needs to be added.

I believe deeply in the right to protest...just choose a real thing to protest. So many in the tea party are misguided. Look at who they take their cues from, Sarah Palin and Michelle Bauchman, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

These times SUCK for everyone, no one is denying that, no one can deny that. Obama and the dems know that full well. What have the Republicans done as the minority recently, pout and say, No, No, No!! The way I see it, if the choice is 'No' or 'we're trying'...I'll take we're trying.

I haven't been to a Tea Party because I live in Massachusetts, and there aren't any I've heard of, if there are it's small up here. The only Tea Party we're concerned with up here in Massachusetts is the Boston Tea Party of 1772.

Obama hasn't raised your taxes....I personally believe that smokers should pay through the tooth for the priveldge to pollute my air. Heck, if I had my way, I would ban cigarettes period. Tax credits are a form of rebate, you'll see money back.

It's not really my fault you live in Florida, my economy up here in Massachusetts improved since the start of the year, so whatever problems you face, we haven't really seen here. But again, it must be that liberal tax laws.

As for bill paying, my mother is a single mother (my parents are recently divorced) she makes about 25,000 a year. We own a home, a large one, at that, we always have food on the table. she pays her medcial bill, and my borther's. She pays all the bills that come to her, she took out a second mortgage, and pays that off, and all in all, we are very happy, even up here in Taxachusetts.

Money is a personal repsponsibilty. It's no one elses fault by the indivudual. Spend within your means, etc, etc, etc. IF everyone did these things in the first place, we probably wouldn't be in a recession.
These times SUCK because of hussein obama, his criminal administration and the left wingers comming out of their liberal schools of indoctrination and propaganda. The 20 somethings need to get some life experiance before they think they know everything. Most of these kids are still living off their mommys and daddys as it is. The Tea Party has something very real to protest but I don't expect any hussein obama sheep to get it. If you don't like the Tea Parties, don't attend. Go join the drones at the Coffee Party.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:04 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Tell me which party supported sub prime lending? Did Obama our president support it?Did Franks and Dodd protect Fannie and Freddie telling us all how fine they are? Yes or no
Quote:
Remember when Obama told us Bushs debt was bad and he wasnt going to spend unless he could pay as he went? So much for that right.Yeah Bush did add to the debt.

Tell me do you know how much Obama has added to the debt?

Quote:
So people have the right to protest long as its something you agree with? I dont agree with anti war protest but I will fight for their right to protest. No matter how much I dont agree with them. How about you prove them to be misguided I mean you claim to be so much more intelligent then they are.

Quote:
Republicans have offered many solutions but they havent been heard an there isnt much more they can do really since democrats are locking them out of the room. Obama even admitted in the conference he went to that hes read their ideas. There isnt much more they can do.
Quote:
Thats not true there is a tea party in Mass. So you are making your claims about a group of people over ???? What you hear on msnbc or read on dailykos or something because you arent forming your opinion based on speaking to them
Quote:
So you admit that Obama raised taxes on cigarettes but then claim he didnt? See money back? Do you have a clue its being deducted when you file your taxes. Have you filed your taxes yet?
Quote:

So like I said good luck

Also there is what 650 billion in new taxes in Obamacare do you think those taxes arent going to be paid by every single American?

Old 03-29-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
These times SUCK because of hussein obama, his criminal administration and the left wingers comming out of their liberal schools of indoctrination and propaganda. The 20 somethings need to get some life experiance before they think they know everything. Most of these kids are still living off their mommys and daddys as it is. The Tea Party has something very real to protest but I don't expect any hussein obama sheep to get it. If you don't like the Tea Parties, don't attend. Go join the drones at the Coffee Party.
Proud Member of the Coffee Party. For those of you who are too old, facebook is this social meeting site--way more classy than City-Data.

For people who want to know more about the Coffee Party, they believe in many similar, realistic things as the tea party

He's not Muslim! His father was, his middle name is his father's. I have my my father's name as my middle name. And you know what, what would it matter if he was? We know he's Christian, due to that pastor back in Chicago.

All you are doing is speaking to this aire of rascism and fear instilled into you people from the far right wing bats.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Tell me which party supported sub prime lending? Did Obama our president support it?Did Franks and Dodd protect Fannie and Freddie telling us all how fine they are? Yes or no

Remember when Obama told us Bushs debt was bad and he wasnt going to spend unless he could pay as he went? So much for that right.Yeah Bush did add to the debt.

Tell me do you know how much Obama has added to the debt?

So people have the right to protest long as its something you agree with? I dont agree with anti war protest but I will fight for their right to protest. No matter how much I dont agree with them. How about you prove them to be misguided I mean you claim to be so much more intelligent then they are.

Republicans have offered many solutions but they havent been heard an there isnt much more they can do really since democrats are locking them out of the room. Obama even admitted in the conference he went to that hes read their ideas. There isnt much more they can do.

Thats not true there is a tea party in Mass. So you are making your claims about a group of people over ???? What you hear on msnbc or read on dailykos or something because you arent forming your opinion based on speaking to them

So you admit that Obama raised taxes on cigarettes but then claim he didnt? See money back? Do you have a clue its being deducted when you file your taxes. Have you filed your taxes yet?

So like I said good luck

Also there is what 650 billion in new taxes in Obamacare do you think those taxes arent going to be paid by every single American?
I give up with you people. So delusional. It would quite funny, if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.

Who cares if cig taxes went up (Obama isn't responsble, if they do) I don't care, I don't smoke. If you hate it, don't smoke it's as simple as that.

You didn't think peope should protest the war? well see I did. and that's that. you protest what you want, I'll protest what I want. I'll call you an idiot, you call me an idiot...welcome to America.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I give up with you people. So delusional. It would quite funny, if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.

Who cares if cig taxes went up (Obama isn't responsble, if they do) I don't care, I don't smoke. If you hate it, don't smoke it's as simple as that.

You didn't think peope should protest the war? well see I did. and that's that. you protest what you want, I'll protest what I want. I'll call you an idiot, you call me an idiot...welcome to America.
What? Can't even answer ONE question put to you?

How much has obama increased the debt and deficit?

How much WILL he increase the debt and deficit due to his budget?

Obviously, you have not been paying attention if you can't answer these simple questions.

Obama and the democrats have increased the debt by 40+% since taking over congress in 2007.

Obama has tripled the deficit in a year and will create a deficit of $9 TRILLION in 10 years.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36054221/prin...splaymode/1098

Quote:
CNBC, working with the Congressional Budget Office, found that the 10-year outlook for the nation's deficit has deteriorated by almost $8 trillion. In effect, every man, woman and child in the United States has taken on an extra $25,000 in debt, CNBC has learned.

Comparing the CBO's outlook in 2008 to the current forecast, CNBC found that what was once a projected $247 billion surplus for the years 2009 through 2018, is now an estimated $7.4 trillion deficit.
By the way, your status signature sure does apply.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:32 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
One, the policies of the Republicans and the Bush admin in the early-mid decade got us to this point. Tax cuts don't work. Buisness Unbridled growth got us to this point.
Try again.

I know that the bots at MSNBC, Kos and HuffPo are saying that, but you're the one who's talking about "taking cues" from people - try doing some independent research of your own. You'll find Frank up to his neck in the root cause of this fiasco. I'm not saying that there's not plenty of blame to go around - there is - but if you really want to know what started it all, take a very good look at Barney Frank.

Quote:
Obama hasn't raised your taxes....
Hook, line and sinker...

Quote:
I personally believe that smokers should pay through the tooth for the priveldge to pollute my air. Heck, if I had my way, I would ban cigarettes period.
Fresh out of college and misspelling words... With a "mountain" of student loans to pay off, too. Do you feel that you got your money's worth?

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you're openly admitting to being anti-freedom. At least you're clear about it, and not lying like so many others on the forum.

So after cigarettes, what's next? What else annoys you so much that you'd take it away from people for no other reason than you don't like it?

Quote:
It's not really my fault you live in Florida, my economy up here in Massachusetts improved since the start of the year
Speaking of Massachusetts, how's that health care debacle - you know, the pilot program for Obamacare - working out for ya? Does the word "insolvent" ring any bells?

Quote:
That's the first reasonable thing I've seen you post.

Would you mind telling us what you think of the recently passed health insurance law, and if you support it, how you rationalize that support while maintaining the position stated in the above quote?

Old 03-29-2010, 03:33 PM

This nation stands at a very precarious postition. I'm fearful that irrationalism and incivilty will reign over understand and compromise.

Oh accuse me of not answering to your rants? please, you just ignore what I wrote because it's a challenge to your precious Tea Bagger movement.

The problem is none of you can stand being called out on something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies