Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 02:21 AM

22,228 posts, read 19,532,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Who said i was for killing cops...my father is a cop..why do u think i question things?...i don't believe what the media says is fact just cuz they say so....but you believe what u want
I didn't suggest you were for killing cops. I just asked if you would have the same conspiracy theorist views or if you would be calling them terrorists if all the facts were the same but they were "Muslim Warriors" Instead of "Christian Warriors"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 03:55 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,800,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I didn't suggest you were for killing cops. I just asked if you would have the same conspiracy theorist views or if you would be calling them terrorists if all the facts were the same but they were "Muslim Warriors" Instead of "Christian Warriors"
i wouldn't call anyone a terrorist unless all the facts and evidence was there without any government agendas going on at the time..and the agenda right now is that the government is setting people up that disagree with the health bill and many other decisions government is making right now so they are targeting Christians, Militia, and tea party because they know the truth is getting out...if this wasnt the case and there was actually a group out there who actually did something then i would be pissed because i dont agree with killing or fighting unless it is to truly defend ourselves

Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,341,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
i wouldn't call anyone a terrorist unless all the facts and evidence was there without any government agendas going on at the time..and the agenda right now is that the government is setting people up that disagree with the health bill and many other decisions government is making right now so they are targeting Christians, Militia, and tea party because they know the truth is getting out...if this wasnt the case and there was actually a group out there who actually did something then i would be pissed because i dont agree with killing or fighting unless it is to truly defend ourselves
This is an example of the petty playground tactics the Right will use to avoid conceding that Christians can be terrorists too. In this example, you have Christian terrorists. The Right has always claimed terrorism is limited to Muslims. Now that we have an example of a Christian terrorist group, instead of admitting they exist, you want to blame the media for making all of this up. For once, could you guys show some sense of dignity and honesty and just tell the truth? It's pretty obvious, you don't believe anything you wrote and are just trying to find a way from avoiding admitting you were wrong. Seriously, no one can be that dumb and believe the media just made this up. Give me a break

Old 03-30-2010, 04:58 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,132,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This is an example of the petty playground tactics the Right will use to avoid conceding that Christians can be terrorists too. In this example, you have Christian terrorists. The Right has always claimed terrorism is limited to Muslims. Now that we have an example of a Christian terrorist group, instead of admitting they exist, you want to blame the media for making all of this up. For once, could you guys show some sense of dignity and honesty and just tell the truth? It's pretty obvious, you don't believe anything you wrote and are just trying to find a way from avoiding admitting you were wrong. Seriously, no one can be that dumb and believe the media just made this up. Give me a break
It is funny because they surely didn't have a problem screaming about Sister Souljah, NWA or Ice-T just singing about killing cops much less organizing to do so.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:44 AM

23,176 posts, read 26,275,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I will not admit that a group planning on murder (if that proves to be the case)is a Christian one.
Christians are supposed to adhere to the commandments....#6 being 'thou shalt not kill' (or murder depending on which translation you prefer)

I don't doubt/deny there are warped individuals that may wrap themselves up with that label in order to fool themselves that what they are doing has some noble purpose.
Not only should all condemn such as this but Christians should be the first to do so.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:27 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,400,646 times
A militia itself is legal. It's when you plot to kill people that the law is broken. I am all for over-throwing the current government. They have too much power, they have over-spent, (Republicans and Democrats), they do not represent "the common man" or "main street America," and I could go on and on. We need a military coup by the citizens and I would join right in with them. What bothers me about this case though is attacking a funeral, that is ****ed up. If you attack a funeral, you got issues.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,907,727 times
The act of conspiring to commit murder or terrorism is illegal thus the indictment and the arrests. The police did their jobs and undoubtedly saved may lives. I applaud their actions.

The less than civilized part of my personality wishes the militia had gone through with their preemptive revoltlet. The response by the Michigan police and national guard would have been interesting to observe.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,896,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I wonder when the rightwingoverse will actually stand up and condemn the domestic terrorists in this country when we round 'em up.

You know damn well that if they attacked Americans, they would be first in line to blame Obama too.
Doubtful, Seems one of the RW leaders is asking them to "reload".

Old 03-30-2010, 07:20 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,800,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
A militia itself is legal. It's when you plot to kill people that the law is broken. I am all for over-throwing the current government. They have too much power, they have over-spent, (Republicans and Democrats), they do not represent "the common man" or "main street America," and I could go on and on. We need a military coup by the citizens and I would join right in with them. What bothers me about this case though is attacking a funeral, that is ****ed up. If you attack a funeral, you got issues.

How much time do you get in jail for "thinking" about killing?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:54 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,337,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"The wife of one of the defendants described Hutaree as a small group of patriotic, Christian buddies who were just doing survival training."

"It consisted of a dad and two of his sons and I think just a couple other close friends of theirs," said Kelly Sickles, who husband, Kristopher, was among those charged. "It was supposed to be a Christian group. Christ-like, right, so why would you think that's something wrong with that, right?"

Sickles said she came home Saturday night to find her house in Sandusky, Ohio, in disarray.

Agents seized the guns her husband collected as a hobby and searched for bomb-making materials, she said, but added: "He doesn't even know how to make a bomb. We had no bomb material here."

She said she couldn't believe her 27-year-old husband could be involved in anything violent.

"It was just survival skills," she said. "That's what they were learning. And it's just patriotism. It's in our Constitution."

My Way News - Christian militia accused of plotting to kill cops

Why did you leave out this quote from the article:

"The mother of another defendant, 33-year-old Jacob Ward, told police in Huron, Ohio, last summer that family members took away his two guns - an AK-47 rifle and a semiautomatic pistol - because she thought he needed mental health treatment."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies