Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,264,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its sad, that I don't think I have seen a single post from the conservatives on here condemning this type of stuff. Instead they go on about conspiracy theories and this group being set up. Its really pathetic, that not even the principled conservatives on this site (and I now some exist because I have had some intelligent debate with a few of them) are not condemning, this and aren't condemning the conspiracy theory bs that is being spouted by some on the right in this threat.
You must not read very well. How many conservatives have said If found guilty I hope they get the max? I know that I have and this will be the 5th post that I have said it it. I condemn them if and when they are found guilty.
8 years of Clinton followed by 8 years of GWB has taught me to doubt the veracity of anything the Gov says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 08:23 AM

604 posts, read 752,440 times
The Democrats crammed the Health Care Bill down our throats (actually rallied pretty quickly which amazes me how well Americans ((or United States citizens as some people call them))) but whats suppossed to when they do something like this to the Republicans??

Also, please stop calling them Christians, if they wanted to kill a cop, and bomb the funeral, I wouldn't really consider them Christian at all!

Old 03-30-2010, 09:01 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,338,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
The Democrats crammed the Health Care Bill down our throats (actually rallied pretty quickly which amazes me how well Americans ((or United States citizens as some people call them))) but whats suppossed to when they do something like this to the Republicans??

Also, please stop calling them Christians, if they wanted to kill a cop, and bomb the funeral, I wouldn't really consider them Christian at all!
Don't be using Health Care Reform or the Obama administration to justify the wacked-out actions of this group. According to their indictment they've been plotting for 2 years to kill local, state and federal law enforcement officers.

The Washington Times has an interesting Op-ed piece about this and other groups like them. In it the author says:

"It is dishonest for right-wing commentators to insist on an equivalence that does not exist. The danger of political violence in this country comes overwhelmingly from one direction -- the right, not the left. The vitriolic, anti-government hate speech that is spewed on talk radio every day -- and, quite regularly, at Tea Party rallies -- is calibrated not to inform but to incite.

Demagogues scream at people that their government is illegitimate, that their country has been "taken away," that their elected officials are "traitors" and that their freedom is at risk. They have a right to free speech, which I will always defend. But they shouldn't be surprised if some listeners take them literally."

end quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032901891.html

Old 03-30-2010, 09:06 AM

604 posts, read 752,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Don't be using Health Care Reform or the Obama administration to justify the wacked-out actions of this group. According to their indictment they've been plotting for 2 years to kill local, state and federal law enforcement officers.

The Washington Times has an interesting Op-ed piece about this and other groups like them. In it the author says:

"It is dishonest for right-wing commentators to insist on an equivalence that does not exist. The danger of political violence in this country comes overwhelmingly from one direction -- the right, not the left. The vitriolic, anti-government hate speech that is spewed on talk radio every day -- and, quite regularly, at Tea Party rallies -- is calibrated not to inform but to incite.

Demagogues scream at people that their government is illegitimate, that their country has been "taken away," that their elected officials are "traitors" and that their freedom is at risk. They have a right to free speech, which I will always defend. But they shouldn't be surprised if some listeners take them literally."

end quote

washingtonpost.com

I'm talking about the recent violence for the Health Care Bill, those

"""""Christians""""""" (obviously someone doesn't think their Christians)
Could have been planning it for 5, they should still get locked up, and no one should listen to their coup d'etat nonsense about doing it for God or "in the name of God"

Honestly, if anyone wants to do anything, protest, that would help a little, but killing and bombing a funeral, thats sick and unnecessary and wrong...

Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,338,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Ranger View Post
I'm talking about the recent violence for the Health Care Bill, those

"""""Christians""""""" (obviously someone doesn't think their Christians)
Could have been planning it for 5, they should still get locked up, and no one should listen to their coup d'etat nonsense about doing it for God or "in the name of God"

Honestly, if anyone wants to do anything, protest, that would help a little, but killing and bombing a funeral, thats sick and unnecessary and wrong...
I agree they should be locked up and no one listen to them, but it's a little hard to ignore the fact that the Hutaree militia group THINKS they are acting with God's approval and with Jesus at their side. That kind of talk was all over their website, from what I understand. "False" religion is such a big part of what that particular group stands for that other militia groups didn't want any associations with them. Religious fanatics with guns are dangerous whether they are foreign born or born in the U.S.A.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 AM

151 posts, read 138,930 times
To Hell with what the media thinks. they are the problem. pumping misinformation into people's homes about the Tea Party. Do they not realize we already had a Tea Party revolution some years back that was higly successful? Whose side are these media cowards on anyway?

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM

22,228 posts, read 19,535,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
i wouldn't call anyone a terrorist unless all the facts and evidence was there without any government agendas going on at the time..and the agenda right now is that the government is setting people up that disagree with the health bill and many other decisions government is making right now so they are targeting Christians, Militia, and tea party because they know the truth is getting out...if this wasnt the case and there was actually a group out there who actually did something then i would be pissed because i dont agree with killing or fighting unless it is to truly defend ourselves
Ahh yes, this is some whole set up by the evil government who is out to hunt down conservatives, and Christians who speak out against them. Dear God the Conspiracy stuff is completely off the wall nuts....

Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,748,847 times

Old 03-30-2010, 12:20 PM

22,228 posts, read 19,535,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
You must not read very well. How many conservatives have said If found guilty I hope they get the max? I know that I have and this will be the 5th post that I have said it it. I condemn them if and when they are found guilty.
8 years of Clinton followed by 8 years of GWB has taught me to doubt the veracity of anything the Gov says.
Actually only a couple, and they can't seem to do that without adding some conspiracy theory attached to it....

Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,264,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Actually only a couple, and they can't seem to do that without adding some conspiracy theory attached to it....
And that conspiracy is what? That the Gov is at best less than honest with its citizens? That the Gov has in the past used drama to divert attention away from things they would rather not have the public focus on? Am I wrong about this? Have they not used these tactics in the past?
Its possible and even likely that these idiots are in fact guilty of what they are charged with. However why such great focus on 9 individuals when we average 13 killings a day by illegals of US citizens? It would seem to to me that 13x 365 is quite a few deaths and yet the Fed seems to be doing very little or nothing about it. Some would wonder why? Some might point out that illegals have killed police officers and shot at border patrol agents and yet no frenzied all out energy to confront the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies