Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 12:13 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post

Btw, I'm sure I have twice the education you have. So do not accuse me of ignorance. I believe in the power of education. Ignorance is a sickness for which the only cure is education.
It's clear from the way you structure sentences and express yourself that you have education oozing from every pore and I bow to your omnipresent glory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 12:46 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
It's clear from the way you structure sentences and express yourself that you have education oozing from every pore and I bow to your omnipresent glory.
I think you mean omniscient.

Omnipresent means being everywhere all the time, and has nothing to do with education or intelligence.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:50 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post

Omnipresent means being everywhere all the time, and has nothing to do with education or intelligence.
I would think that omnipotent would be more appropriate.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post

Nope, I meant omnipresent. I can feel the warmth from here!

Old 03-31-2010, 12:58 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
"Education" has absolutely no connection with intelligence. The "ability" to repeat what you have been "taught" is at the same level of "intelligence" of a well-trained dog.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:09 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
"Education" has absolutely no connection with intelligence. The "ability" to repeat what you have been "taught" is at the same level of "intelligence" of a well-trained dog.
Well that may be slightly true.

Education is the training by which intelligence can moulded. Intelligence is the abilty to learn and this is the key--apply knowledge.

My educators never taught us through memory, it was always about abilty, skills, and thought/rationale. Memorization only works for learning math theorems.

Btw:
omnipresence means 'all around/present'
ominpotent means 'all power(ful)'

I think you all mean omniscient, which means 'all knowing'

But thank you, I'll take them all as compliments, haha

Old 03-31-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Well that may be slightly true.

Education is the training by which intelligence can moulded. Intelligence is the abilty to learn and this is the key--apply knowledge.

My educators never taught us through memory, it was always about abilty, skills, and thought/rationale. Memorization only works for learning math theorems.

Btw:
omnipresence means 'all around/present'
ominpotent means 'all power(ful)'

I think you all mean omniscient, which means 'all knowing'

But thank you, I'll take them all as compliments, haha
I do know the meaning of the words and I by no means called you all knowing.
Again you have impressed me with your understanding of the spoken language.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:43 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,040,224 times
roysoldboy wrote:
Quote:
Isms are very much alike in that they all result in dictatorship of one kind or another. Just think about that a bit.
Yep!

Old 03-31-2010, 02:07 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I do know the meaning of the words and I by no means called you all knowing.
Again you have impressed me with your understanding of the spoken language.
Bowing to someone's "omnipresent glory" after they tell you how smart they are is sort of like bowing to someone's swimming ability after they tell you how good looking their wife is.

In other words, your use of word omnipresent didn't make much sense.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:20 PM

412 posts, read 405,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yesterday Beck ran a rerun that should be run at least once each week so more and more people can see what kind of people the progressives of the world have done. if enough learn about them maybe we can survive the current progressive movement taking over our nation.

This show tells the truth about the most successful progressives, up to Obama, like Lenin and Stalin, Hitler, Che Guavara, Mao tse-tung, and some of our own progressives. How many of you know which one of those I named was responsible for the most deaths? How many know which of them starved over 7 million people in about one year and those people produced much more food than they needed to survive?

Oh well, one more time, watch the show on Temporarily Unavailable and learn some things that too many of our progs just don't know. Hell many conservatives don't know all these things.
None of those were progressives. You obviously have only the vaguest idea of what progressivism is, no doubt based upon crude caricatures and strawmen by right-wing pundits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies