Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:03 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,657,369 times

Advertisements

What's the problem?
I wouldn't watch your show, so you don't have to watch mine.
Half of Obama's votes came from people who watch Saturday Night Live.
I'm so sick of hearing that Fox News is a joke when so many were influenced by this trashy program.
Yes, lets all follow pot smoking Hollywood and do what they say.

Last edited by mag32gie; 03-30-2010 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: forgot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 04:12 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,632,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post

You pretty much summed up the voter base of our POTUS!

Old 03-30-2010, 04:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
What a crock! SNL is not particularly "liberal" in its treatment of Obama. In fact, several RW posters have started threads agreeing with their spoofs of Obama.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:14 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,361 times
Yeah, but Fox News portays itself as a legitmate news agency.

SNL is a comedy show, so is the Daily Show and the Colbert Report--these shows make no claims to be otherwise. Although I think they are more truthful and honest than Fox News.

Fox News knows whole-heartedly what it does in reporting the news. I mean jst this past week they haven't aired a single event President Obama head, including the Health Care Law signing. Just because people might disagree with it, it's still news, and news worthy.

It's fine if you choose to watch, but watch with a grain of salt. Flip over the CNN or MSNBC. What are they talking about on Newshour over on PBS? What does your local paper say. Too many people who watch Fox rely on them. They can say whatever they wish to on television, but I wish they wouldn't portray themselves as a news agency.

Watch all 24-hr NEWS with a grain of salt.

Anyone who watches and relies on Fox drank the koolaid.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:16 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post

SNL is a comedy show, so is the Daily Show and the Colbert Report--these shows make no claims to be otherwise. Although I think they are more truthful and honest than Fox News.

Fox News knows whole-heartedly what it does in reporting the news. I mean jst this past week they haven't aired a single event President Obama head, including the Health Care Law signing. Just because people might disagree with it, it's still news, and news worthy.

It's fine if you choose to watch, but watch with a grain of salt. Flip over the CNN or MSNBC. What are they talking about on Newshour over on PBS? What does your local paper say. Too many people who watch Fox rely on them. They can say whatever they wish to on television, but I wish they wouldn't portray themselves as a news agency.

Yeah, I'm amazed this had to be said. SNL is a (bad) comedy show. Fox News is a (bad) news network. They are not comparable unless you literally think Fox News is one big joke.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:18 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
What's the problem?
I wouldn't watch your show, so you don't have to watch mine.
Half of Obama's votes came from people who watch Saturday Night Live.
I'm so sick of hearing that Fox News is a joke when so many were influenced by this trashy program.
I think you're upset because the people who watch SNL/Daily Show/Colbert are well educated 20-30 somethings.

Where as the people who watch Fox News, well aren't.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:18 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,940,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
You pretty much summed up the voter base of our POTUS!
This kind of empty-headed cheerleading has to stop. Most liberals (and most people in general) don't think Hollywood (SNL is shot in New York, LOL) has much of value to say. The stuff about pot-smoking, whatever, so asinine.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,223,655 times
yep I got SNL for my laughs and foxnews for laughs as well..excellent point

Old 03-30-2010, 04:19 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,476,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
This kind of empty-headed cheerleading has to stop. Most liberals (and most people in general) don't think Hollywood (SNL is shot in New York, LOL) has much of value to say. The stuff about pot-smoking, whatever, so asinine.
Lazy potsmoker Michael Phelps MAY have voted for Obama!!!!!!!!!!!

RED ALERT!!!

Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post

Agreed, first off suggesting that 1/2 of Obama's votes came from SNL is a bold faced lie.

Secondly, anyone who can't tell the difference between a comedic show that talks about and pokes fun at events in the news and a network, show that portrays themselves as a legit news source but isn't is beyond help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies