Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:47 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,227,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
What did he actually Do when he ran the southside of Chicago Politics?

as in accomplishments for the community?
First, a community organizer does not have constituents. Secondly, community organizers tend to be involved in the grass roots local level, so you'd have to ask the people in his community he was helping out. Thirdly, contrary to what you have been taught to believe, he was never elected to public office for the city of Chicago, he was a "State" legislator before become a US senator. State is not the same as city, not sure if you knew that. Your entire question is riddle with flaws and inaccuracies. Not sure if this was intentional or based on ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 01:51 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,227,105 times
Chicago is a city of approximately 3 million people encompassing 77 areas and 227 square miles. Do you have any idea how big that is? How the hell is someone supposed to know what a community organizer is doing in every area. I don't live anywhere near Obama's old neighborhood, and I rarely go by there. I don't even know what congressmen precides over Obama's district. You guys seem to think that Chicago is some small town in which everyone knows everyone.

Last edited by Holdencaulfield; 04-05-2010 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-05-2010, 01:56 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,837,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
First, a community organizer does not have constituents. Secondly, community organizers tend to be involved in the grass roots local level, so you'd have to ask the people in his community he was helping out. Thirdly, contrary to what you have been taught to believe, he was never elected to public office for the city of Chicago, he was a "State" legislator before become a US senator. State is not the same as city, not sure if you knew that. Your entire question is riddle with flaws and inaccuracies. Not sure if this was intentional or based on ignorance.

of course he didnt know that!

Old 04-05-2010, 05:28 PM

412 posts, read 405,396 times
Quote:

He never "ran the southside of Chicago politics". As usual with the 'I hate Obama' threads, the very basis of your question is fallacious.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:16 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,659,113 times
I heard Michelle says that at Christmas?
He promises to get them things but then "forgets", ooops, sound familiar?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:29 PM

223 posts, read 169,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
There seems to be a propensity for deflection every time someone questions what Obama is doing to/for the country. Instead of answering directed questions, those who still support him harken back to the Bush administration and try to muddy the waters by recalling how ineffectual he was, especially during his second term. As for the questions (threads) coming from sore losers (people who didn't vote for Obama), I think if you look around there are more than a few who did vote for him who have stopped drinking the Kool-Aid, have left the cheering squad and are regretting their decision. And frankly, I don't think you can realistically divide the populus into only two camps (those who voted for O and those who didn't) because now there is a third category of voters who "did" but now wish they hadn't.
Not deflection.
Merely pointing out the fact that this economy was inherited.
Did you want him to let the banks fail?

I see this as revisionist Bush history.

Here's an interesting link to a letter to conservatives.
Yes it is an opinion piece, but it talks about hypocrisy and hatred and out and out lies: An open letter to conservatives « Russ' Filtered News (http://filterednews.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/an-open-letter-to-conservatives/ - broken link)

Read it or not, it hits the nail on the head.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:28 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,464,731 times
My relatives who live in the lovely Chicago, could not stand him then, can not stand him now, thought he was a fraud back when, and think is is still a fraud as President. Thought he was shifty and hung around shifty people, and still feel the same, just look at his administration. They tell me he did not do a thing, just had a title.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:49 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,098,170 times
Quote:

hussein obama and the criminal Tony Rezko were in cahoots on a housing project that left blacks living in slums. Isn't he just wonderful.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:51 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,418,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntieMame View Post
Not deflection.
Merely pointing out the fact that this economy was inherited.
Did you want him to let the banks fail?

I see this as revisionist Bush history.

Here's an interesting link to a letter to conservatives.
Yes it is an opinion piece, but it talks about hypocrisy and hatred and out and out lies: An open letter to conservatives « Russ' Filtered News (http://filterednews.wordpress.com/2010/03/22/an-open-letter-to-conservatives/ - broken link)

Read it or not, it hits the nail on the head.
The building blocks of the finacial crisis...

CRA (used to force NINJA and ARM loans)
GLBA (repealed Glass-Steigall)
CFMA (no regulation of CDOs)
NAFTA

"Trade with China will not only extend our nation's unprecedented economic growth, it offers us a chance to help shape the future of the world's most prosperous nation and to reaffirm our own global leadership for peace and prosperity."

Clinton signs China trade bill, - October 10, 2000

All bad ideas. All signed by Clinton!

Old 04-06-2010, 02:19 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times
I read a interesting articale of how he got his democratic sate senate nomination by a chicago reporters. Chicago he pointed out is a city of hard politics. Obama ran against two other blacks; one being a female better known and connected.In order to get on the ballot you have to present petitions of registered votes. Just before the election he challenge the voters on both his opponents list by saying that many altho registered they did not sign their names but printed them. He got the candidates disqauilfied by his voter challenges and ran unapposed for the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies