Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 08:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
LOL to those of you who think that a doctor can choose to stop treating an established patient without making sure that the patient is under the care of another doctor before you cease treatment.
LOL to those who think a doctor is required to treat a patient..

See I can play the "your ignorant" game also without anything to back it up..

This of course is compounded by the fact that you keep pretending the doctor is refusing to see the patient, which is a lie.. He's asking the patients to choose another location. There is no refusal taking place..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 08:04 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Payments from the government usually does not cover the cost of treatment. Doctors usually lose money on every medicare/medicaid patient. He is objecting to even MORE cuts in these payments. Its not about HIS politics, its about the patients politics who can CHOOSE to go to his office, or another one. If you are his patient on medicaid/medicare, you need to become well aware that it will be increasingly difficult to find a doctor and you may as while fine this out now, because its a CURRENT problem which is only going to get worse..
Yes actually, it is political. Don't know how that is not obvious. And the fact that he puts it right out there? Bizarre. I wonder how you would feel if the doctor you've been going to for years all of a sudden made it known how he feels about the president...let's say it was the president that you voted for & still support. Wouldn't that make you feel slighted? As I said earlier, all of you who are supporting this are pretty much hypocrites, although I'm assuming that, because I also assume that if the shoe were on the other foot as in if it were your doctor advertising that he was against the president you voted for (a republican), there would be a whole lotta hand flailing going on here & please, don't even try to deny it.

For the record, I don't think a doctor should ever announce anything political. I don't care if he's republican, liberal or independent. That should not be disclosed.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, a doctor can never retire or change professions.

Forced labor, eh?
No. If you had bothered to read previous posts you would know that there is an established policy for dismissing an established patient from care.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
No. If you had bothered to read previous posts you would know that there is an established policy for dismissing an established patient from care.
The note in the window doesnt dismiss a patient from care..

Old 04-03-2010, 08:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
I am done arguing with people who have no clue about the obligations a doctor has to an established patient.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I am done arguing with people who have no clue about the obligations a doctor has to an established patient.
Since you obviously know more about the topic than the physicians news digest, published by Laura Katz and Marshall Paul, both lawyers..

Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
I would prefer a doctor keep his personal political, religious, etc, opinions to himself. I'm not there to discuss politics.
In the doctor's defense, though, he might be truly worried about the future of his practice under the new health bill, and just needed to vent that day.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I am not sticking up for or against him. But as a Doctor does he not suppose to uphold the oath he took, when he became a Doctor to treat the sick and injured. But living in this Country, he has the right i guess to treat whom he wants to. I do believe that this is only the beginning, of what we are going to see, this is a backlash to Obama's Bill, we will probably be seeing more Doctors doing this, thank Obama, no one else to blame. As if registered democrats would tell him that they were, but at this point, there is already a hostile enviroment that has been created. I bet this is the start of something new.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:13 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Some poeple do not understand that this DR is a Urologist...not a GP.

They can refuse to treat anyone. I am proof.

About 15 yrs ago was treated by a Urologist and after a while was told by his Nurse/receptionist that I could not receive any more from him and was referred to another Urologist. Been a while but seem to recall something about paperwork.

Now...I will have to have the surgery redone in the next couple of months (regrowth) and not a Dr mistake...just a luck of the draw. Actually need two separate surgerys but chances are both will be done the same time since they are close together area wise.

Steve

Old 04-03-2010, 08:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Doctors are already turning down medicare patients...it just hasn't been big on the MSM radar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies