Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:35 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
wow. You went to a lot of trouble. How long did that take?

Too bad you took those out of context.

Nice try though.
Not too long. I only went back 48 hours to find the eight examples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 06:50 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
You were citing her facing her critics as an example of her courage- now you trot out the Down Syndrome child- and this will sound real cold blooded- but if she is against abortions- than she really didn't have any choice but to have the child so where was the courage in the decision- she had no other choice, unless she was going to go against her beliefs-
I give her credit for raising her child under such conditions(I'm guessing she gets a lot more help in doing so than the average Down Syndrome parent does) but that doesn't make up for the evil sh*t that comes out of her mouth

You can't transfer her son's courage to her- it doesn't work that way-

GREAT post! And so true.

Old 04-04-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
You take this as talking about ALL women? Where do you infer that from I asks you? I do believe that it was Nancy Pelosi I specifically made the butt of my comments. Not women in general, whom, for the most part, I find to be the most delightful of creatures. I have a lady friend, who Sarah Palin resembles in many ways. Not so much in looks, my friend is a natural red head, but she colors to blonde (why ...I never asked, her natural color is stunning, as is she as a whole) She carries herself very confidently, I tend to call her a 'formidable' lady. This is , generally how I see Sarah Palin. A strong, confident, and formibable woman. General, physical, attractiveness is just a bonus. As I am basically just a simple country boy at heart, women such as my friend, and Sarah Palin, appeal to my sense of things. Would I follow Palin into combat? Probably not, nor would I wish to follow my friend into such a situation, but having the support of such as them, while I do battle with whatever foes I must face, does not bother me in the least. Whether that be a serious situation, requiring battlefield courage, or just the fight of living day to day. Women like Pelosi, Feinstein, Boxer et al, make my skin crawl, and do very little to inspire me to want to be a better man. I admire women like Sarah Palin, my friend, and, of course, my wife, who inspires me to want to be more than I am every day. Sarah Palin appeals to the rural sense of America, because she is NOT such a complicated woman. The far left sees this as contemptible, I, however, find it admirable. So, I honestly fail to see where you feel I am bashing women, hardly, only the snakes like Pelosi. And I am crowdin' the hell out of 50 myself, age means little to me anymore.
Another

""""Palin Ain't So Bad Because (fill in the blank) Pelosi/Obama/Or anyone else from another realm/field who is not comparable to Palin is so much worse in my opinion"""" post.

Once again Sarah canNOT stand on her own merits (she has none) ...MUST be compared to those the writer hates to get any good press at all....LOL!

Old 04-04-2010, 07:06 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Not a fan of the public Sarah Palin, but I do admire that she stuck to her right-to-life values when faced with the decision to bring her Down Syndrome fetus to term, a decision that was personal and life altering. It would have been very easy to have terminated the pregnancy and no one would have known. I don't like her or her politics, but her personal values were put to the test when she discovered that she was carrying a child that was not perfect by society's standards and she stuck to her guns. (no pun intended!) I give her props for that.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
You take this as talking about ALL women? Where do you infer that from I asks you? I do believe that it was Nancy Pelosi I specifically made the butt of my comments. Not women in general, whom, for the most part, I find to be the most delightful of creatures. I have a lady friend, who Sarah Palin resembles in many ways. Not so much in looks, my friend is a natural red head, but she colors to blonde (why ...I never asked, her natural color is stunning, as is she as a whole) She carries herself very confidently, I tend to call her a 'formidable' lady. This is , generally how I see Sarah Palin. A strong, confident, and formibable woman. General, physical, attractiveness is just a bonus. As I am basically just a simple country boy at heart, women such as my friend, and Sarah Palin, appeal to my sense of things. Would I follow Palin into combat? Probably not, nor would I wish to follow my friend into such a situation, but having the support of such as them, while I do battle with whatever foes I must face, does not bother me in the least. Whether that be a serious situation, requiring battlefield courage, or just the fight of living day to day. Women like Pelosi, Feinstein, Boxer et al, make my skin crawl, and do very little to inspire me to want to be a better man. I admire women like Sarah Palin, my friend, and, of course, my wife, who inspires me to want to be more than I am every day. Sarah Palin appeals to the rural sense of America, because she is NOT such a complicated woman. The far left sees this as contemptible, I, however, find it admirable. So, I honestly fail to see where you feel I am bashing women, hardly, only the snakes like Pelosi. And I am crowdin' the hell out of 50 myself, age means little to me anymore.
You may not like the politics of Pelosi, Feinstein, or Boxer, but they actually have careers and opinions, and have made enormous contributions to politics over many, many years. What exactly has Palin done, apart from a few years as a Governor, which will not go down in history as the best Governorship ever?

Old 04-04-2010, 07:35 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But isn't she aging gracefully?
I don't know. She's still young enough to be the mother of a toddler. Pelosi, OTOH, just turned 70. Give Sarah 20+ years and we'll see.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Not too long. I only went back 48 hours to find the eight examples.
Yep. And all taken out of context.

You go girl.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:13 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You may not like the politics of Pelosi, Feinstein, or Boxer, but they actually have careers and opinions, and have made enormous contributions to politics over many, many years. What exactly has Palin done, apart from a few years as a Governor, which will not go down in history as the best Governorship ever?

Oh yes these worthy Democrats have accomplished enormous contributions. They have contributed to the eenormously lowest rated congress in history.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:31 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Oh yes these worthy Democrats have accomplished enormous contributions. They have contributed to the eenormously lowest rated congress in history.
Couldn't argue the point, so just deny it. Okay.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You're off topic but I understand YOUR "reasoning"....Congress-Bad....that makes Palin Good... Yuppers! Sound logic there you betcha there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies