Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 01:59 PM

470 posts, read 1,155,546 times

Advertisements

Other than radio rants...what has Rush Limbaugh done to improve this country? If he would have run for office...and then enacted legislation to solve problems...or made hard budget and staffing choices...THEN he would be able say something. However, that would require effort and accountability...two things that the many times married Limbaugh has studiously avoided. Do SOMETHING Rush....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 05:01 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
I can not. I have only heard tidbits of Rush and all the other pundit / talking heads on "news" TV and radio. I have minimized, and quite frankly just about eliminated, watching / listening to any of it / them. Does me no good to hear their partisan rants you know. Still, I believe that each and every one of these people has a right to state their opinions, however controversial, whether I agree with them or not. Isn't that the essence of free speech? One huge thing that separates us from so many other countries? If the day comes where we have to start being fearful of the government for what we say, we will have definitely lost what makes us unique. That is my greatest fear.

With all due respect, I don't want to be insensitive to your objections relating to Limbaugh and I am certainly not defending the man's opinions. But that might make an interesting new thread...as in discussing particular theories he believes in. However, I think this thread is really about two public figures throwing mud at each other. Rush has a large audience but I don't believe it is anywhere near a majority of US citizens. And remember, despite all the talk about him being a voice for the GOP, he is still mainly an entertainer and his success depends on how much advertising dollars he can attract. His "antics" if you will are just part of his shtick. Regardless, IMO, they could both be more productive by channeling their energy elsewhere...especially the president of the USA. Arguing with Rush just empowers him a little more.
I would never support government stopping free speach. Think you for your honest post. I think someone has to fight back for the President against these guys or he has to fight back. IMO they (rush and the rest) incite violence everyday.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:08 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default This is no contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
“The American people do not think that Barack Obama is doing what's best for the country,” Limbaugh

“For Barack Obama to run around and say that this show and Beck and all of talk radio is filled with vitriol? Barack obama sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years and never once complained complained about the tone of Jeremiah Wright's bigoted, anti-American, racist rants." Limbaugh

Polling data suggests that Rush may be right, as Obama's approval ratings sink.

Obama’s approval rating fell to 44 percent in the latest CBS News Poll, the lowest level of his tenure in office.

Newsmax - Limbaugh Hits Back at Obama for Criticism

Obama should learn not to pick a fight with a person that buys radio waves by the megawatt.
President Obama the most important figure this century, a man lifting this country out of the Dark Ages created by Neocons and Limbaugh is a fat idiot cateriing to a segment of the country that is supremely clueless.

If Obama says that Limbaugh is an imbecile, he's right. Limbaugh part of an ideology that has never been right.

President Obama continues to do an excellent job.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:12 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Limbaugh's audience is static. He's not going to gain any new listeners if Obama responds to his attacks. Limbaugh's dittoheads are beyond the reach of logic and rationality.
Yes, kinda like Obama's dittoheads. They believe every lie he tells them.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:38 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,722,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, kinda like Obama's dittoheads. They believe every lie he tells them.
This is something all of us sheep, right or left, do.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:41 PM

419 posts, read 448,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
Other than radio rants...what has Rush Limbaugh done to improve this country? If he would have run for office...and then enacted legislation to solve problems...or made hard budget and staffing choices...THEN he would be able say something. However, that would require effort and accountability...two things that the many times married Limbaugh has studiously avoided. Do SOMETHING Rush....
Hey man, I consider one rolling around in feces to make a few easy million for entertainment IS doing SOMETHING.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:29 PM

107 posts, read 91,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I couldn't care less what that fat drug addict thinks.

He should take his boner pills and haul is ass to Costa Rica.

Plenty of hookers there for the "Family Values" legend.

Rush Limbaugh's Dominican Stag Party - July 6, 2006
It is always so easy to tell the small minds on a forum like this, don't you agree.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_HillBilly View Post
Hey man, I consider one rolling around in feces to make a few easy million for entertainment IS doing SOMETHING.
Well I am glad to hear you are making a few easy million, but I would be careful and not get any of those feces you're rolling around, in your mouth, eyes, ears or nose.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
President Obama the most important figure this century, a man lifting this country out of the Dark Ages created by Neocons and Limbaugh is a fat idiot cateriing to a segment of the country that is supremely clueless.

If Obama says that Limbaugh is an imbecile, he's right. Limbaugh part of an ideology that has never been right.

President Obama continues to do an excellent job.
I am sure he is doing an excellent job, somewhere at some task, but being President sure all hell isn't it.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocytus View Post
Rush has fostered an entire movement of conservatism and conservative voices from Rush to Sean, to Dennis, (Miller and Prager), Mark, Glen and dozens of others. By being the voice of freedom, Rush does far more good, than as a politician. He is founderesque in his wisdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies