Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:57 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times

Advertisements

a mini guillotine a penotine ? Chop !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 04:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Something has to be done about sex offenders. I'm more inclined to believe its about a biological need for them, rather than just being a choice.

Most sex offenders will tell you, its like a drug, and its an addiction, and they will likely do it again.

Knowing that, something should be done. Whether thats locking them up in a open community, or something else, I don't know. I think castration is a bit far, as we don't disable the mentally ill, we only drug them, to keep them from hurting themselves and others.

I think a choice, life inside a controlled facility, or castration and allowance into the outside world would be the best option.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:04 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Do you know anyone in prison? 'Old dudes' get beaten up regularily. Prison is a very, very bad place where the strong survive and feed upon the weak. The old are the weak, as are homosexuals and the small and naive. Granted pedophiles are targeted because even murderers and gang bangers have a moral compass that surpasses the pedophile but really - its all about dominance. If inmate A beats up inmate old guy/gay guy/small guy he knows his punishment is 'doable'. Plus, he knows that inmate old guy/gay guy/small guy will know better than to 'narc' on him. The payoff for this beating is that inmate A will now get $$, treats and whatever else is considered currency in prison from the inmate old guy/gay guy/small guy. Now inmate A will not beat up on inmate pedo because inmate pedo knows that if he 'narcs' about the beating he will recieve more protection from the prison guards and will become untouchable.

The only advantage that inmate old guy/gay guy/weak guy has over the pedo is that perhaps eventually he just may be accepted into a gang for mutual protection. The pedo will always be shunned and left alone to defend himself as he can.
Information like this, about what it's like in prison for pedophiles, should really be made widely known, so they might think twice....

Old 04-05-2010, 04:06 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
That would be very "special status and protection" that you are complaining about.

The trade off would be life imprisonment --- for that I would happily give them their very own prison.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:09 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Information like this, about what it's like in prison for pedophiles, should really be made widely known, so they might think twice....
I don't know if its something they can resist.

Its like telling you never to have sex with anyone you're attracted to.

Imagine, that someone said you can have sex, but only with people you aren't attracted to. For a gay man, that would mean no other men, only women. For a straight man, it'd be that you could never be with a woman, but you could sleep with as many men as you'd like.

Its just not normal for them, to be attracted to anyone that isn't a child. For whatever reason, psychological, or physical.

I think the best thing to do is to lock them up, in a non prison setting. Set them up a community, on Alcatraz. Monitor them, track them, but never let them go. If they want to be free, then they can choose castration.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:14 PM

[quote=Memphis1979;13607145]I don't know if its something they can resist.

Its like telling you never to have sex with anyone you're attracted to.

Imagine, that someone said you can have sex, but only with people you aren't attracted to. For a gay man, that would mean no other men, only women. For a straight man, it'd be that you could never be with a woman, but you could sleep with as many men as you'd like.

Its just not normal for them, to be attracted to anyone that isn't a child. For whatever reason, psychological, or physical.

I think the best thing to do is to lock them up, in a non prison setting. Set them up a community, on Alcatraz. Monitor them, track them, but never let them go. If they want to be free, then they can choose castration.[/quote]

I agree with that idea. Megans Law hasn't worked and has only served to make certain parts of the city more concentrated with child molesters then others. And of course there are those that just disapear after serving their sentence......no, I think letting them have their own facility/island would be the only way to go. It would be safe for society at large but also humane to the pedophiles. Plus it would have the added benefit that should a convicted pedophile be found innocent after all he would be able to reenter society.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
When there is scum out there, that can do such vicious acts of violence and not care one bit, you know what go for it, i am all for it. Too often there are judges that let these lowlifes out of prison way to soon. And the punishment does not fit the crime.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
How predictable. Is it possible to read that story and come to any other conclusion but that the guilty be punished? No, of course not. So, is it easy to hurl these vile, hyperbolic, sentiments at these... criminals. Too easy. Since when to you give a **** about little black girls in Trenton, NJ? You should stop. It's shameful. Debased people being further debased. You become dirty yourself by participating in the ritual of condemnation.

H

Old 04-05-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
How predictable. Is it possible to read that story and come to any other conclusion but that the guilty be punished? No, of course not. So, is it easy to hurl these vile, hyperbolic, sentiments at these... criminals. Too easy. Since when to you give a **** about little black girls in Trenton, NJ? You should stop. It's shameful. Debased people being further debased. You become dirty yourself by participating in the ritual of condemnation.

H

I had no idea what race this little girl was. I knew she was from NJ -- believe it or not, I would assume that many different races and even (gasp!) ethnicities live in NJ. Even Trenton. Even in the Trenton public housing.

Do you only care about crime victims if they happen to look like you? Honestly I would like you to clarify your post...

Old 04-05-2010, 05:40 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post

H
Frankly I can't stomach reading the articles anymore; I didn't know the victim is Black.

What difference does it make that the girl is Black?

Check your projection at the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies