Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 10:44 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
interesting so many reports from iraq and afhanstan claims of attacks on the unarmed civilians.
sort of like the USA. the cops just jump out of the bushes w/o any provocation and start shooting. does it really work that way?
No it doesn't work that way with cops. Nobody claims that.

Did you dream that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 10:59 PM

223 posts, read 169,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Obama won the peace prize, so this must be fake.
Duh, this happened on Bush's watch.
Guess what?! Bush was the president in 2007 when this occurred.
You're funny, and not very informed about the dates of our presidents service.

I have to ignore you since you're blaming Obama for yet something else that happened on Bush's watch.

How silly.
I just can't take you seriously.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:00 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yep. We have known for quite some time that the Left absolutely despises the military and would rather see them butchered instead of "innocent" insurgents and terrorists (freedom fighters to the Left).

This thread is just more confirmation of that.
Thats funny, I spent 6 great years in the military, how 'bout you?

How long were you in?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Maybe because when the incident that is the SUBJECT of THIS THREAD happened, someone ELSE was Commander in Chief? I do wonder why you always seem to bring Obama up in YOUR diatribes however - even when the SUBJECT of this THREAD occurred BEFORE Obama was Commander in Chief.

The fact of the matter is that the troops on the scene screwed up. It's as simple as that. It wasn't Obama's fault, it wasn't Bush's fault. It was the fault of the crew involved. War is a nasty, messy business - and such screw ups sadly DO occur all too often - whether the President be Bush or Obama.

Ken
that is my point exactly. what do you think that these drone attacks are doing right now? BOTH presidents have put us in a position to breed terrorists in foreign countries, while leaving our borders wide open.

NOT A GOOD POSITION TO BE IN, IMO.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
You say you are a veteran, I am now wondering if you are!

Not for your stand on this issue, But for your words to your fellow Veteran!
Veterans, like most people, think for themselves and develop their own beliefs. I don't know what he said that would make you believe that he's not a veteran.

All people are entitled to opinions, aren't they?

Quote:
I'm sure you could find them if you were really interested.

Go for it.
Isn't it proper internet etiquette that when asked to provide backup to assertions, that you do so?
Otherwise, if the information is not verifiable, don't you just state that it's your opinion; nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
Really? This looks like a shadow to you?

even though it's not in the same direction as the "real" shadows?

In the video @ 3:45, the two guys pulling up the rear, with the AK's in their hands?

At around 3:47 to 4:02, just look at that very LONG weapon in his hands - looks like it comes from the ground to his chest, with a bulb on the end - RPG.
Yes, it does look like a shadow. The post could be a cross-post like they use for electrical wires or lighting.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Exactly right. When our soldiers lives are on the line in a friggin war zone, they made the right call, given the circumstances.
___
There is no way someone could say such a thing and serve in the military.
Then you feel the same when our "enemy" kills US troops, I assume.
Have you served in the military?
Those who have served in the military are not cookie cutter.
We come in all shapes, sizes and political leanings.
We all have our own belief systems and I doubt that any two are alike.

Why do you feel that you know the minds of all of those who have ever served? Seems silly to me.

Quote:
Yep. We have known for quite some time that the Left absolutely despises the military and would rather see them butchered instead of "innocent" insurgents and terrorists (freedom fighters to the Left).

This thread is just more confirmation of that.
Wow, this post is simply argumentative and hateful.
Do you really hate those people that think differently from you?
Really?
Many people were conservative before they joined the military and their experienced changed them.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:48 AM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,948 times
I read most comments...

Most of us who r pro military,focus on the technicalities which didn't enable the crew to realise that the suspects were not insurgents...
The very fact that they were on the streets which were completely empty,shows that they staged a deliberate provocation...

They knew they were watched by Apache.they knew the rules of engagement.

Especially theatrical was the van with 2,not 1 ,children,in the front seats,visible,not in the cargo area...
Just like the Pal "mothers " who waive their babies in front of of Israeli soldiers,cursing & spitting them,so as to make someone blow a fuse & start shooting...

Then the whole antisem world will cry ... "JEWS KILL BABIES "...

They staged it all on purpose to check the reflexes of our heroes,who proved dynamic & effective...

Old 04-06-2010, 06:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thats funny, I spent 6 great years in the military, how 'bout you?

How long were you in?
I seriously doubt that. Haven't you heard? Anonymous internet posters can make any claim they want....and people should believe them?

I think not.

It is hardly credible that those on the Left with such a vicious hatred of the military would have been one of their ranks.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
I seriously doubt that. Haven't you heard? Anonymous internet posters can make any claim they want....and people should believe them?

I think not.

It is hardly credible that those on the Left with such a vicious hatred of the military would have been one of their ranks.
So, are you a veteran?
I am and I'm very liberal, so are most of the vets I work with (and most of us are vets in my job).

Old 04-06-2010, 06:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Wow, this post is simply argumentative and hateful.
I find it amazing that you think my post "hateful" when this one below, advocating for the death of US pilots, gets a total pass from you.

Quote:
Padcrasher wrote: If there was any justice in this World the two US pilots would have met their deaths not these innnocent walking the streets of their own Country.
Please, enough of your pseudo-outrage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies