Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:10 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Does the Republican Party want members who are looking for a handout?
I'd say that in its current state, the GOP would take any vote it can get. Do I think that the GOP is a party whose platform is founded on robbing Peter to pay Paul? Not at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 09:15 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,262 times
I don't see why Blacks would want to belong to a party that buys into negative stereotypes about Black people.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:17 AM

151 posts, read 138,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
No, I believe that its a plethora of things, entitlements being one of them. The GOP is pro-business, and largely a white institution. Black people are just as racist as white people. And like white people, most black people don't own businesses. So, if not for entitlements, what exactly would bring black people to the GOP?
more free $$ ?? just a guess.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It still wont ever sink in because their media tell them differently and they never learned the facts elsewhere (as their media are well aware).
I guess you missed the memo that Black people were Republicans before they jumped stupid and joined the Jackass party?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
This is just another thread to play the "Race Card" in politics.

Whether black or white, people stand for what they believe in, not basing it on the color of the skin.

Maybe this thread was originally created by the "Fox News" line-up staff.
WRONG. can't hi-jack an honest thread with vitriol nonsense. you can leave now.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I think its abundantly clear that entitlements are the yellow brick road to Democratic popularity.
Since only a minority of African American receive any direct benefits from entitlement programs, I suggest you come up with something a bit more interesting.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:34 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did none of you ever open a history book, or what?

It really is appalling to see the level of ignorance here regarding basic American history.
We know your twisted version of history.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I don't see why Blacks would want to belong to a party that buys into negative stereotypes about Black people.
But one that's deeply rooted in the KKK and sports a Jackass as a logo is better for Black People?

Old 04-06-2010, 09:38 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Why, statements like this one. When Republicans assume that Blacks are only interested in welfare, it tends to turn Blacks off to the Republican party. If you want to win Blacks over harping back to when Lincoln was president is not the best way to do it. Most Blacks are more interested in what the current parties are up to, not what they did 160 years ago. It's called living in the present.
what the democratic party was doing in the 1800s and in the 1960s should be of importance, and it makes people wonder why Democrat party attracts black Americans.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:41 AM

1,089 posts, read 655,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
You do realize, or maybe not, that the KKK is a Democratic Organization don't you?

Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"White Democrats cast the full vote of the parish for Grant's opponent. The KKK killed and wounded more than 200 black Republicans, hunting and chasing them ..."

And you wonder why the party's use the Elephant and the Jackass?

Stop playing yourselves!

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/20...y_elephant.jpg
I suppose the reason they are Democrats is because of Republicans like YOU who think they are stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies