Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know anyone who regrets NOT voting for Obama?
I know some people (or a person) who voted for McCain who wish had voted for Obama. 13 22.81%
I never met anyone who voted for McCain who wishes they had voted for Obama. 44 77.19%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 02:09 PM

533 posts, read 318,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I didn't vote for Obama, neither did my SO. My hubby was interested in McCain briefly, but when he chose that nutter Palin to be his VP, he dropped his interest right then and there. I know quite a few people who voted for Obama, and only 1 I know regrets it. The rest are still pretty darn happy with their decision.

I do know a few people however, who SAID they regretted voting for Obama, but told me originally they voted for McCain...which was odd.
amazing how many conservatives now "know" people who voted for Obama, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 02:11 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
The only people I know who voted for McCain are racist white people who would never vote for a non-white in a million years.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:18 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
I know several people who have regret and remorse for voting for Obama. I don't know anybody who voted for McCain who wishes they voted for Obama. However I know plenty of people, including myself, who regret we didn't have a different GOP presidential candidate in the first place.

I'm amazed I ever voted for McCain considering he has been one of least favorite politicians since the 1990s.. He is the ultimate RINO and I strongly dislike all the times he "reached across the aisle". Let's put it this way it took an Obama for me to hold my nose and vote for McCain. If it was just about any other Dem candidate other than Obama I would have voted third party or stayed home.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:40 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
The only people I know who voted for McCain are racist white people who would never vote for a non-white in a million years.
Do you realize Obama is half white so he cant be a non white since hes half white

Old 04-08-2010, 03:15 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
I know any number of Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, Native Americans who voted for McCain.

I might suggest that your rhetoric about "racist white people" shows to me (at least) that you have an underlying issue dealing with hatred.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:22 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,917,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Odd, I know some people who say just the opposite. They didn't care for McCain, but Palin pulled them to vote for him.
Makes no sense..

Old 04-08-2010, 03:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
I know plenty of my Democrat friends, feel duped into voting for Obama, and boy oh boy, do they now regret it, and i mean they REGRET IT. I do not feel sorry for them one bit, they voted for him should of voted their conscious, not what the media expected of them.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:34 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm still wondering how McCain got to be the last man standing in the gaggle of GOP candidates. I don't wish I voted for Obama but I don't wish I voted for McCain, either...and I didn't even know about his yappy daughter, then.
Aahhhhh, a breath of fresh, objective air!

I'm also still wondering how McCain got the nomination. It seemed that a large percentage on the right didn't like him at all. Maybe they thought he would bring Independents? But then......enter Sarah Palin

Sometimes I think these things are planned behind the scenes. Maybe our two party system is just a sham to entertain the masses and make us feel like we have a voice.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:44 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,039,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I know plenty of my Democrat friends, feel duped into voting for Obama, and boy oh boy, do they now regret it, and i mean they REGRET IT. I do not feel sorry for them one bit, they voted for him should of voted their conscious, not what the media expected of them.
Sorry. Sarah Palin and conscience = oxymoron. Or, make that ocksiemoran in teabonics.

And why would anyone feel "duped". If their conscience was to vote for the Mavericks, then why didn't they? Sounds like your "Democrat friends" have more of an integrity problem than anything else.

(This is not to say that I believe you. Now, if you had said plenty of your Republican and/or Independent friends who voted for Obama felt duped, etc, I would much more likely buy it. I really don't think there are so many real Democrats that wish they had voted for McCain out there- that you would know "plenty" of them.)

Old 04-08-2010, 05:01 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I know plenty of my Democrat friends, feel duped into voting for Obama, and boy oh boy, do they now regret it, and i mean they REGRET IT.
What would have prompted any Democrat to regret having voted for Obama? The stimulus bill? The omnibus spending bill? The financial and auto bailouts? Ledbetter? S-CHIP? Reversing those Bushie executive orders? Iraq? Health care? Energy? Cash for Clunkers? Funding for the IMF? Tobacco reform? Financial reform?

I'm not sure what kind of Democrats they actually have wherever you are, but they don't sound very much like the ones around here at all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies