Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 06:26 AM

530 posts, read 780,107 times

Advertisements

http://www.twincities.com/ci_14826344?nclick_check=1

State statute 145.905 says, "A mother may breast-feed in any location, public or private, where the mother and child are otherwise authorized to be, irrespective of whether the nipple of the mother's breast is uncovered during or incidental to the breast-feeding."

The mother says they were removed for breastfeeding, here is what the restaraunt says:

"The couple in question was asked to leave the restaurant because the man became verbally aggressive — NOT because his fiancée was breastfeeding," wrote Diana Postemsky in a prepared statement for the restaurant chain. "Rather, the man's volume and use of profanity was disturbing our other guests."

I know the law is on her side in this IF she was kicked out for breastfeeding however; what do you guys think? Should breastfeeding mothers cover it up out of courtesy or "let it all hang out" so to speak?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 07:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
Kicked out for breastfeeding? A St. Paul mother takes issue with the treatment she got at restaurant - TwinCities.com

State statute 145.905 says, "A mother may breast-feed in any location, public or private, where the mother and child are otherwise authorized to be, irrespective of whether the nipple of the mother's breast is uncovered during or incidental to the breast-feeding."

The mother says they were removed for breastfeeding, here is what the restaraunt says:

"The couple in question was asked to leave the restaurant because the man became verbally aggressive — NOT because his fiancée was breastfeeding," wrote Diana Postemsky in a prepared statement for the restaurant chain. "Rather, the man's volume and use of profanity was disturbing our other guests."

I know the law is on her side in this IF she was kicked out for breastfeeding however; what do you guys think? Should breastfeeding mothers cover it up out of courtesy or "let it all hang out" so to speak?
Depends.....my sister breast fed her baby in a restaurant one time and I never knew it nor did anyone dining with us...classy and DISCREET!

However, if we have one of those "OH MOTHERHOOD IS SO WONDERFUL LOOK AT ME I'M A MOTHER" types who whips up her blouse exposing herself UNNECESSARILY then she should be thrown out for ruining the other diner's meal and sent for counseling.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Depends.....my sister breast fed her baby in a restaurant one time and I never knew it nor did anyone dining with us...classy and DISCREET!

However, if we have one of those "OH MOTHERHOOD IS SO WONDERFUL LOOK AT ME I'M A MOTHER" types who whips up her blouse exposing herself UNNECESSARILY then she should be thrown out for ruining the other diner's meal and sent for counseling.
Agreed!! "classy and discreet" that would be great but exposing yourself crying it is my right it is natural without regard to others is rude and disgusting.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:20 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Agreed!! "classy and discreet" that would be great but exposing yourself crying it is my right it is natural without regard to others is rude and disgusting.
A mother who exposes her breast while nursing her baby is "rude and disgusting"??

Old 04-10-2010, 07:26 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
A mother who exposes her breast while nursing her baby is "rude and disgusting"??
In a public setting, yes. Did you not read the previous posts about being discreet? There is no reason to expose yourself while breastfeeding. There is a difference between feeding your baby and exhibitionism. I think some women use this as an excuse to draw attention or just have no regard for the privacy of others.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Discretion. Some people don't want to see it, what is wrong with throwing a blanket over herrself while breastfeeding in a public area?

Old 04-10-2010, 08:59 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Discretion. Some people don't want to see it, what is wrong with throwing a blanket over herrself while breastfeeding in a public area?
My kids would just flip the blanket off. Would you like to eat wth a blanket over your head and face?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:07 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
They use to make us go sit in a dirty bathroom so they wouldn't be offended.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:09 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My kids would just flip the blanket off. Would you like to eat wth a blanket over your head and face?
Especially in the summer when it is hot?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:10 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
I don't know why people are bothered by it. Never seen a woman's breast before? Never seen a baby before? A bit dense about how nature works?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies