Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:03 PM

18,162 posts, read 15,669,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
Shoot the owner instead and adopt the dog.

It's not doing anything except following natural instincts that the owner was too stupid / lazy to train him not to do.

Also, I very much enjoy the ignorant commentary in this thread that talks so much about how pit bulls never should have been bred, blah blah blah, and then talks about what menaces to people they are and conveniently ignores the fact that they were specifically bred to be extremely people-friendly.

Any dog can be vicious. It's on the owner, not the dog.
I'm not arguing otherwise, I have had far more experience in this matter than I ever cared to have. If we adopted every single critter that has wandered into our place after being dumped I would need a far larger paycheck than I get just to keep up with the feed, let alone the vet bills. The ones that go wild , well, sadly, adoption by anyone is not an option. They have the blood fever. Ever see what a pack or even one good sized single, feral dog can do to a calf or foal? I have, and it ain't pretty. Oh, I am plenty pissed at the former 'owners' and would beat a mudhole in them, given the chance, but that is easier said than done. They don't usually hang their name and address on a dumped critter, though I dearly wish they would. I have three dogs, all just big fluffy lover pups. I am a dog lover. Big time. I don't enjoy having to put one down, not even a nasty feral. But sometime what you want to do and what you have to do are not the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 06:52 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,285,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbing68 View Post
You rock!!! Pit bulls have been around since the 1800's and there was never incidents with these dogs attacking humans. People neglect to acknowledge this.
Pitt bulls have not been around since 1800's. They are a reltively recent cross breed from the early 1900's.

Last edited by aveojohn; 05-08-2010 at 07:30 AM..

Old 05-08-2010, 07:03 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,131,484 times
The only reliable method is a gun. Strangleholding the thing or knifing it to death is not an option for women or children or elderly.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:07 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,285,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I am not a big fan of pits, but this video is a perfect example of an irresponsible pet owner. Watch the beginning, she threatens the animal control officer with her dog. Then she lost control of the dog.What an ass.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:43 AM

18,162 posts, read 15,669,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I am not a big fan of pits, but this video is a perfect example of an irresponsible pet owner. Watch the beginning, she threatens the animal control officer with her dog. Then she lost control of the dog.What an ass.
There is another video like this floating around out there, where an Akita attacks a small boy at a supermarket parking lot, kid goes to the hospital, Dad goes looking for the dog. Finds the dog tied up behind a crappy duplex near the store. Dad has a bat, lady who owns dog tells dad he will NOT hurt her dog. then turns dog loose on Dad. Dad beats dog to a pile of goo. Police arrest stupid meth head beoch for assault and keeping a vicious animal.

Old 05-08-2010, 09:49 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,447,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Pitt bulls have not been around since 1800's. They are a reltively recent cross breed from the early 1900's.

Wrong.

Pit Bull - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

The United Kennel Club (UKC) was the first registry to recognize the American Pit Bull Terrier.[8] UKC founder C. Z. Bennett assigned UKC registration number 1 to his own dog, "Bennett's Ring", as an American Pit Bull Terrier in 1898.[5]

How could he have recognized a breed years before it came about?

Old 05-08-2010, 11:25 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,645,934 times
Quote:
A bit touchy are we?? ..

And yes, 4 Pits down in 3 years since the druggies moved in down the road ..
The fourth was shot by another neighbor's husband after her Yorkie was killed and half eaten .. U-Bet .. great dogs .. Those Pits

Oh .. and it's all perfectly legal by the way .. it's the law of the land ..

As land owners, we are well within our rights to protect our pets and domestic livestock ..
LMAO!

4 pits down in 3 years SINCE THE DRUGGIES MOVED IN. Seems to me you are accidentally admitting that you damn well know its the owners, not the breed.

I have no problem with people protecting their property, although using a little common sense is the right thing to do. If you shoot a dog that comes on your property ONLY because it is a pit, you are an ignorant moron that is wasting oxygen. If you shoot it because it makes any type of aggressive move that threatens you or your property, you are well withing your rights. Since you admit it is irresponsible owners that have brought the dogs to your street, the dogs likely are a danger. They are probably not socialized, not neutered, and kept confined or on chains, all things that lead dogs to be aggressive. Over 98% of fatal attacks are by unneutered male dogs, most of which were kept confined or on chains.

At least you admit it is the owners, not the breed. I was beginning to wonder if you had any rational thoughts in your head...

Old 05-08-2010, 11:39 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,645,934 times
Quote:
But these "newer" neighbors moved in to their Mom's (passed away) old house and had a female with a litter as near as I could tell. I know of the four (could have been more that the bears might have gotten) .. that are no more.
The Sheriff had already warned/cited them .. They still live there, but are not as "noticeable" as when they first moved in. They don't own livestock and every year it's all about us trying to get them to mow the weeds (fire hazzard) ...
Again, you are admitting it is the owners, not the breed.

Quote:
I peppered a bassett hound about ten years ago in the butt with rock salt for getting into the garage (garbage) and the old fool was smart enough to stay away after that. I did the same with two of the Pits down the road too .. trouble was that they were too stupid to stay away and, well, we all know the rest of that story.
Wow, thanks for the analysis Mr Scientist. The pit bulls came back to your garbage after you peppered them, which must mean they are unintelligent. Ever stop to think their pain threshold is much higher than a little basset hound? Nah, you wouldn't bother stopping to think. Thinking appears to be quiet a challenge to you.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:06 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,253,583 times
I never understood why they can't just tell you to ram your thumb down straight into the dogs eyeball as hard as you can. It might be gross to rip an eye out - but that's certainly going to make the animal stop killing you.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:23 PM

122 posts, read 200,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I never understood why they can't just tell you to ram your thumb down straight into the dogs eyeball as hard as you can. It might be gross to rip an eye out - but that's certainly going to make the animal stop killing you.
Right, good luck attempting to ram your thumb into a dog's eyeball while it is attacking you. You don't stand a chance, unless it is a toy breed.

This entire thread proves just how helpless human beings are versus animals. Animals know how to defend themselves whereas a human being needs an armed weapon to cause damage. Boy are we superior or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies