Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:28 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

10,000 people, but how many of them were actually Tea Partiers? I'd say that at least half were openly against the tea party and gathered either at the back of the crowd or up the hill in the "Real Tea Party" where people brought blankets, tea, cookies, and sandwiches, dressed up, and sat down to discuss.

Most of my friends in downtown Boston swung by to see what the hubbub was about. Were they counted too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 06:33 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Now the AP is saying 5000.

Palin Rallies Tea Partiers With Anti-Tax Message : NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125913125 - broken link)

Still not so good for Boston.
If that's right, it's pretty good for a weekday, I'd say.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:48 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
A little irony...

"John Killion, a US Postal Service worker from South Boston, one of the other Tea Partiers in the group, said he thought the counterdemonstrator "was in pretty poor taste. Their space is never invaded."

Palin urges less government, lower taxes at Boston Common Tea Party rally - Local News Updates - MetroDesk - The Boston Globe
It kinda is. While they have a right to be there also you didnt see pro war people going to the anti war peoples protest to tell them they are wrong or bother them. Or disrupt their event

Old 04-15-2010, 07:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Poor dears. You must have missed the MSNBC report where the Boston police said there was 10000+ at the event.

//www.city-data.com/forum/13741653-post27.html

The Left always tries to minimize these events by "shorting" the actual attendance. Pathetic and desperate.

This says 6000;

Palin, Tea Party Express hit chord in Hub - The Boston Globe

Hey, MSNBC, a leftist site claims the police told them upward of 10000.

Nice try, but epic fail, again.
For some reason one of my posts from last night didn't go through. Here's what the Boston police really have to say:

Palin Tells Tea Party Rally in Boston to Fight Obama (Update2) - BusinessWeek

Boston police declined to give a crowd estimate.

Anyone who says the Boston police gave an estimate is incorrect. You will notice in the msnbc video that the guy says "unofficial" police estimate, meaning he asked a cop.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:37 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
It seems to me, that those people were there to see Wasilla Barbie, that's why she was there.
A million moron march might convince me.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:48 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
For some reason one of my posts from last night didn't go through. Here's what the Boston police really have to say:

Palin Tells Tea Party Rally in Boston to Fight Obama (Update2) - BusinessWeek

Boston police declined to give a crowd estimate.

Anyone who says the Boston police gave an estimate is incorrect. You will notice in the msnbc video that the guy says "unofficial" police estimate, meaning he asked a cop.
Why are you so desperate to dismiss the 10000 number?

Of course, in your OP, you're perfectly willing to rely on the AP, who obviously, clearly shorted the number, but want to dismiss and discredit people who were actually there, including MSNBC and the police.

I think the 10000 is a pretty good estimate, unofficial or not.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:54 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
A million moron march might convince me.
I doubt it.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:28 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Hate to disagree, but Denver certainly isn't conservative, nor are some of the surrounding areas. Boulder for example is very liberal. I do however agree with the general idea that liberals can draw huge crowds in conservative areas and conservatives can draw big crowds in liberal areas.
Ya think? I've lived in the Denver metro area for 30 years. Denver, the city, is "garden variety liberal", with a western twist. There's a lot of Libertarianism, aka "leave me alone" out here. The souther suburbs are conservative to very conservative, the others "garden variety suburbia", tending conservative, but not in every case. Boulder is a little blip of 94,000 people out of a metro of 3 million, and even it is "western liberal".

Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Why are you so desperate to dismiss the 10000 number?

Of course, in your OP, you're perfectly willing to rely on the AP, who obviously, clearly shorted the number, but want to dismiss and discredit people who were actually there, including MSNBC and the police.

I think the 10000 is a pretty good estimate, unofficial or not.
I live here.

They had less than 5,000.

The Boston Globe interviewed several of them, and one was revealed to be on welfare, with childen, and wanting to have more children, and yet complained about "illegals" getting welfare, benefits, etc..

The Tea Party is a collection of some of the dimmest bulbs in the US.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:52 AM

2,726 posts, read 6,113,588 times
Quote:
Poor dears. You must have missed the MSNBC report where the Boston police said there was 10000+ at the event.
I was there. There was no were near 10,000 people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVT
They had less than 5,000.
I'd agree with that. 3,000-4,000 people max. Still a lot more than I expect. I wonder how many were actual supporters, not like people like me who came out to see the circus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies