Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

Advertisements

Just one example:

Two protesters arrested in House are members of Glenn Beck '912 Project' offshoot
Blog Briefing Room - 22nd Mar 2010

Quote:
The two men Capitol Police arrested for disrupting Congress on Sunday belong to an offshoot of Glenn Beck's "912 Project." Capitol Police arrested two Massachusetts men, William Gunn, 49, and David Sanders, 61, on Sunday afternoon after they allegedly shouted, "Kill the bill!" from the public gallery above the House floor proceedings. The two men are affiliated with the "Western Mass 912 Project" " an offshoot of Fox News commentator Glenn Beck's group,
Two protesters arrested in House are members of Glenn Beck '912 Project' offshoot - Glenn Beck News (http://politifi.com/news/Two-protesters-arrested-in-House-are-members-of-Glenn-Beck-912-Project-offshoot-316925.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I going to utilize a favorite leftist ploy.......What about all the times when the same thing was done to Bush? None of you were worried about "careless language" then.
This is what about it:

ACLU Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Protesters Arrested at Bush Rally in Pennsylvania

The lawsuit charges that federal agents, East Lampeter Township police officers and Pennsylvania State Police troopers violated the men's constitutional rights by illegally arresting them in order to suppress a peaceful, symbolic political protest against President Bush.

ACLU Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Protesters Arrested at Bush Rally in Pennsylvania | American Civil Liberties Union

Old 04-18-2010, 08:56 AM

NEW YORK (AP) --
Quote:
About a dozen anti-war protesters were arrested Tuesday morning during a peaceful demonstration of President Bush's speech before the U.N. General Assembly.

The arrestees were among about 400 protesters opposing the Bush Administration's war in Iraq, and its incarceration in Guantanamo Bay of more than 300 men on suspicion of terrorism or links to al-Qaida or the Taliban. Many in the crowd wore orange jumpsuits in solidarity with the Guantanamo detainees.
Anti-Bush Protesters Arrested Near UN - Democratic Underground

The point is Bush arrested citizens for peaceful protests thus violating their 1st amendment rights.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
I am so looking forward to Obama getting re elected to a second term.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:19 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Are there any threads that don't instantly devolve into partisan bickering? My god, there's plenty to discuss in the OP. I'm wondering if I should waste my time giving an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies