Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:22 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,588,329 times

Advertisements

If they wanted to give it to their dog they should be allowed to. It's their stuff, they can set it on fire if they want too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 07:57 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,401,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Because it erves the agenda . Thats why you'll never hear about all the crimes these homosexuals commit on others, especially the young .

They chant at their rallies " recruit,recruit,recruit " , "sex before eight or it's too late " I had 'chicken' for supper[ chicken being young boys ] . Now they want to teach kids about fisting ! Too disgusting to describe here .

Only place you hear of this is amoung conservatives who warn people about their kids . Schools are huge recruiting grounds for these kids .

Where are the mothers and fathers of these kids ?
Here we go again with fear mongering/hate mongering tabloid style rantings against gays...

I hate to tell you (well no I don't), but your Pappy matches the profile of the vast majority of child molestors in the US far more than any gay man.

The majority of child molestors are married (77%) and religious (93%) according to this study of over 4000 child molestors in the US.

Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics(Jenny and Roesler, “Are Children at Risk for Sexual Abuse by Homosexuals?”)
Quote:
“A child’s risk of being molested by his or her relative’s heterosexual partner is over 100 times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual, lesbian or bisexual.”

National Institutes of Health – PubMed (Groth and Birnbaum, “Adult Sexual Orientation and Attraction to Underage Persons.”)
Quote:
“The adult heterosexual male constitutes a greater risk to the underage child than does the adult homosexual male”

Last edited by Ceist; 04-20-2010 at 08:36 AM..

Old 04-20-2010, 10:24 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,559,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Wrong, they ignored legal contract. A marriage license is a legal contract. You are making rather large assumptions and have no proper support to your claim. If the issue was them ignoring legal contract, then they could have very well ignored a marriage license. You can speculate all you like, but you have absolutely no support to your position.

One of the rights granted by marriage is status as next-of-kin for hospital visits and medical decisions where one partner is too ill to be competent. Hence if they were allowed to be married they would be spouses. If you've read the story, the county represented Clay as having no family, and Harold was merely Clay's roommate. Yes, the court threw that out, but allowed the county access to one of Clay's bank accounts, which Sonoma County seemed to take as carte blanche to do whatever they wanted. If these two were able to legally marry, there was no way the county could have portrayed Clay as without family, and Harold as merely his roommate. I seriously doubt they would have even tried.

As for ignoring a marriage license, you're making a huge assumption yourself, without any support to your position. Yes this is speculation, but I seriously doubt that this would've happened to a straight, married couple. The uproar, and bad publicity would be damaging to the County.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:06 PM

41 posts, read 118,244 times
Oh boy I am probably going to bashed, but I am going to say my peace.....I believe that gay people should have the same rights as all of us. If some really nasty, hateful people would stop making such a big deal about denying them rights then the gays would not have to be so vocal about getting what they deserve as an American citizens. We are all children of God and all sin in God's eyes are equal. None of us are sinless. Work on your own issues with God and let those who are gay work on their issues with God. We should not judge or show hate to these people as Jesus would not show us hate for our discressions.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:38 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
Some crevices are meant for exit only .
Yeah, your own crevices. But your own crevices aren't everybody else's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies