Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 10:46 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,966 times

Advertisements

I ask this question because I listened to maybe 60 seconds of Limbaugh today and he was dissing Democratic Presidents with their policy towards Iran. Knowing that he and most conservatives are huge fans of Mr. Reagan, I ask this question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 10:49 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,833,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
I ask this question because I listened to maybe 60 seconds of Limbaugh today and he was dissing Democratic Presidents with their policy towards Iran. Knowing that he and most conservatives are huge fans of Mr. Reagan, I ask this question.

from what i heard republicans ordered iranians not to release the hostages until a republican was president lol

Old 04-19-2010, 10:52 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,322,590 times
Reagan's policy was to sell them arms illegally and beg them to hold American hostages until after the Presidential election since it was a good issue to beat Carter with. Sure, it was both treasonous and illegal but that describes most of Reagan's policies.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:54 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,833,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Reagan's policy was to sell them arms illegally and beg them to hold American hostages until after the Presidential election since it was a good issue to beat Carter with. Sure, it was both treasonous and illegal but that describes most of Reagan's policies.

and this is a man conservatives think is great? what a bowl of *****

Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 PM

946 posts, read 2,605,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
and this is a man conservatives think is great? what a bowl of *****
He was, after all, an actor. Although I believe he did his best acting in the White House.

Worst of all was authorizing the transfer, through Israel, of America's TOW missiles which Iran promptly reverse engineered. Fortunately American forces never had to face our own missiles in combat, but it was treason and that traitor Oliver North needs to be in a prison cell.

Yes, Israel facilitated this transfer of weapons--proving that governments are their own worst enemy.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,902,805 times
Bascailly the Iranian thought they could and did thumb their noses at carter. he triesd but failed to have a militray rescue. the helpcopers wheren't even ready for that attempt really after years of neglect and reductions in force. its kind of like the clinton 's misssion error in Somolia;changed miison and wrong troops.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,479,349 times
Arm the Iranians (illegally) so he can help continue fund the Contra rebels in Nicaragua, whose funding was previously made illegal by a unanimous vote in Congress due to their tactics, which include the rape and murder of women and children.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:54 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Bascailly the Iranian thought they could and did thumb their noses at carter.
So Reagan traded arms for hostages to make up for what Carter couldn't do?

Old 04-20-2010, 12:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,041,341 times
He chose sides between Iraq and Iran. He went with the one that didn't take Americans hostage and have a crazy bug-eyed cleric running the place who called us The Great Satan. You had to have been there.

"The Ayatollah came to power as part of US President Jimmy Carter's "Human Rights" policy. William Miller, chief of staff on the US Senate Intelligence Committee, said America had nothing to fear from Khomeini since he would be a progressive force for human rights. U.S. Ambassador William Sullivan compared Khomeini to Mahatma Gandhi.”

Ayatollah Ruholla Khomeini - Conservapedia

The new "Gandhi" used children to clear mine fields for his regular army. Tme Magazine, of course, made him their Man of The Year.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:45 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,479,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He chose sides between Iraq and Iran. He went with the one that didn't take Americans hostage and have a crazy bug-eyed cleric running the place who called us The Great Satan. You had to have been there.

"The Ayatollah came to power as part of US President Jimmy Carter's "Human Rights" policy. William Miller, chief of staff on the US Senate Intelligence Committee, said America had nothing to fear from Khomeini since he would be a progressive force for human rights. U.S. Ambassador William Sullivan compared Khomeini to Mahatma Gandhi.”

Ayatollah Ruholla Khomeini - Conservapedia

The new "Gandhi" used children to clear mine fields for his regular army. Tme Magazine, of course, made him their Man of The Year.

He armed both of them. He armed Iraq directly, and then secretly armed Iran as well to funnel funds to the Contra rebels in Nicaragua.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies