Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 01:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,249,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Only on the ironic, hate-filled C-D could we have one righty whining about the comparisons the left has drawn with respect to the TPers and another righty likening Obama to Hitler, all on the same page!
Why do left wingers have to lie about what individuals say?
I never likened Hitler to Obama, hell, I never mentioned Obama.. Shall I quote my own posting again, maybe you'll comprehend it this time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How does the lack of actions by blacks to join the tea party movement, make the tea party movement "racists"? They are not to blame for the failures of the black community to act!

Thats like blaming the Jews for allowing Hitler to kill them..
But I do notice the hate in your posting, while you whine about righties whining, and complaining about hate..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 01:42 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,236,716 times
Quote:
I never likened Hitler to Obama, hell, I never mentioned Obama.. Shall I quote my own posting again, maybe you'll comprehend it this time..

But I do notice the hate in your posting, while you whine about righties whining, and complaining about hate..
The Left feeds on hate.....Palin, Bush, Tea Party people, Limbaugh, Beck, Fox News, etc....with a bit of racism for flavor. It's their drug of choice.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:49 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,446,667 times
Quote:

First of all, and once again, you are building straw men and weak gotchas. Not surprised though - these seem to be your only tactics.

As I have said to you on numerous occasions -- I point out double standards. I don't complain about the insults themselves. I can take it, believe me.

Also - learn to read for comprehension. I never expressed that you likened Obama to Hitler (although it seems like something you would do).

I was responding to a response to your Hitler quote. Pull your head out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
YES...! You quoted the dirty, slimy, b@stard in the WH exactly....!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:51 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,446,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The Left feeds on hate.....Palin, Bush, Tea Party people, Limbaugh, Beck, Fox News, etc....with a bit of racism for flavor. It's their drug of choice.

Quote:

Old 04-23-2010, 01:59 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,483,970 times
Quote:
Only on the ironic, hate-filled C-D could we have one righty whining about the comparisons the left has drawn with respect to the TPers and another righty likening Obama to Hitler, all on the same page!

So if the left is so afraid of the TP, what does that say about the right with regard to Obama? Raw fear.

Keep denying that it's about race... while I surf youtube for TP and McCain-Palin supporter vids which clearly demonstrate that it is about race, with at least some of you.

YouTube - The McCain-Palin Mob
Oooh...! Actually, she looks kinda hot, with "a real purty mouth", as they say in Deliverance!! Gee, I wonder if she likes "teabagging"...?!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
First of all, and once again, you are building straw men and weak gotchas. Not surprised though - these seem to be your only tactics.

As I have said to you on numerous occasions -- I point out double standards. I don't complain about the insults themselves. I can take it, believe me.

Also - learn to read for comprehension. I never expressed that you likened Obama to Hitler (although it seems like something you would do).

I was responding to a response to your Hitler quote. Pull your head out.
Nayabone wasnt responding to my Hitler quote.. Follow along with the thread. I know its difficult for some..
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Someone's famous words...

"It is not truth that matters, but victory"
Quote:
Maybe you need to follow along with the conversation before you start to play "gotcha".. and lose..

Old 04-23-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You dont seem to understand how replies work because again, Nayabone didnt respond to the cunucu Beach posting, they responded to the one above by EinsteinGhost..

Linking responses from individuals postings that they were not responding to is well...dishonest.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:40 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,532,439 times
Washington Times Mobile

Old 04-23-2010, 03:43 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,757,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I find it amazing that the opponents insist the tea partiers are not significant yet they have an absolute obsession with them. And rather than counter their actual ideas (less government, less taxes, etc.), the only attack they can come up with is a poor attempt at using the race card.

Reads to me like the tea party is winning.
Yes. The coverage is definitely out of proportion. Even Cheney's 'mouthpieces' say so - must be true.

My favorite quote from this article:

"“If I organized a rally for stronger laws to protect puppies, I would get 100,000 people to Washington,” Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell cracked on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday. “So, I think the media has blown the tea party themselves out of proportion.""

I'd travel to Washington for puppies. But to hang out with people in funny costumes and misspelled signs? Not so much.

On a more serious note:

"A new Pew poll out this week with a national sample of 2,505 found that 31 percent of those surveyed had never even heard of the tea party movement – and another 30 percent had no opinion of them."

Read more: The tea party's exaggerated importance - Jonathan Martin and Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Old 04-23-2010, 04:10 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,532,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yes. The coverage is definitely out of proportion. Even Cheney's 'mouthpieces' say so - must be true.

My favorite quote from this article:

"“If I organized a rally for stronger laws to protect puppies, I would get 100,000 people to Washington,” Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell cracked on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday. “So, I think the media has blown the tea party themselves out of proportion.""

I'd travel to Washington for puppies. But to hang out with people in funny costumes and misspelled signs? Not so much.

On a more serious note:

"A new Pew poll out this week with a national sample of 2,505 found that 31 percent of those surveyed had never even heard of the tea party movement – and another 30 percent had no opinion of them."

Read more: The tea party's exaggerated importance - Jonathan Martin and Ben Smith - POLITICO.com
What a spin....

Quote:
Just 22% say they can trust the government in Washington almost always or most of the time, among the lowest measures in half a century. About the same percentage (19%) says they are “basically content” with the federal government, which is largely unchanged from 2006 and 2007, but lower than a decade ago.
Opinions about elected officials are particularly poor. In a follow-up survey in early April, just 25% expressed a favorable opinion of Congress, which was virtually unchanged from March (26%), prior to passage of the health care reform bill. This is the lowest favorable rating for Congress in a quarter century of Pew Research Center surveys. Over the last year, favorable opinions of Congress have declined by half – from 50% to 25%.
Distrust, Discontent, Anger and Partisan Rancor: Overview - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies