Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 10:48 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,785,344 times

Advertisements

I vote democrat, hell I am a democrat because I believe in social equality Gay, straight, black, white, man, woman are all equal.

Every chance Republicans get they seem to undermine that very determination of America's existence. It's as if they live for it.

I don't believe government is evil. I believe in the power of government as change. It protects me from others in as much as it promotes my welfare-well it's supposed to (enter the Republicans). People who keep saying Government is evil 9x outta 10 are Republicans. Well in my lifetime they've done a cracker jack job at running a nation.
A few wars, a national deficit that would make Europe envious, poor world standing, a depression, a total disregard for the Constitution and human equality. Need I go on?

I will never be a Republican.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Often I want to ask people that question and I have recently found a group of questions that one can use to make it easy for them to explain.
Looking at that list you provided, all I can think is: Wow. Right-wingers sure are an intolerant bunch.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:54 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Donna-501 I think you missed post #31...what do you have to say about it?
No I didn't miss it. I was going to comment on it but RD5050 did it so well. See post #59.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:55 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
What's it called when you talk to yourself?
Brainstorming

Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,192,174 times
Quote:

He will not be perfect, and for you people to turn around and expect perfection after Bush ran us into the trillion deficit mark, is just garbage.
You have me confused with someone who thinks politicians can solve all our problems when it seems to me they are the ones who have gotten us into this mess and are getting us even further in. I do not have a lot of use for any of them and I certainly do not worship at any of their alters.

I would be happy with any of them who actually did what they said they would do, you know, be honest......

Thanks for posting the things you do not see eye to eye with the man on but please do not be naive enough to think that we will be better off any time soon under him or any politician. I think Obama had some grand and wonderful ideas for the country until he woke up as the Pres and found out who really runs the country.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:01 PM

218 posts, read 239,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Debt ( higher) FIXING BUSH'S RECESSION COST MAJOR $$$$
However, he could spend less money.

Quote:
Gitmo ( open) NO EASY SOLUTION TO THIS FOR OBAMA.
If he can pass HCR, then he could close Gitmo

Quote:
Wars ( he sent more troops) TO THE RIGHT WAR THIS TIME
What is his exit strategy? Obama bashed Bush for not having on in Iraq, but Dems turn a blind eye as Obama escalates a war with no exit strategy.

Quote:
Lobbyist ( in his white house even though he promised they wouldnt be) OBAMA ATTEMPTED TO LIMIT THE LOBBYISTS, BUT YOU CAN'T ALWAYS EXCLUDE THE BEST PEOPLE FOR JOBS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY WERE PAST LOBBYISTS.

Obama didn't have to let the insurance write the Senate Bill. He also didn't have to meet with Billy Tauzin behind closed doors.

Thanks to him selling out to lobbyists, it it still illegal for Americans to buy prescription from safe and developed countries.

Quote:
Spending ( increase) TO FIX BUSH'S ECONOMIC DISASTER

You are just being partisan. Bush's lack of action is not without criticism, but he single handedly did not cause the economic crisis.
FactCheck.org: Who Caused the Economic Crisis?

Quote:
Patriot Act ( renewed) HOW MANY THINGS IS OBAMA EXPECTED TO REFORM IN JUST HIS FIRST YEAR IN OFFICE?
You are seriously misinformed. Obama voted for the renewal of the Patriot before he was President.

Quote:
Warrant less wiretaps ( worse then Bush) SF LAWYER'S OPINION ... WHICH YOU EQUATE TO BEING A FACT.
Obama also support tracking every American via cell. He is also more secretive than Bush when it comes to the FOIA. In fact, he denied the ACLU numbers when they inquired about civilian deaths via drone attacks.

Quote:
Bailouts ( increased) DONE AS NEEDED TO FIX THE ECONOMIC DISASTER LEFT BY BUSH
Again, Bush is not solely to blame. Bush also started the bailouts.

Funny how Obama awards the big bankers who screwed up our economy. Instead of finding charges to bring against them, he awards with them billion dollar bailouts.

Quote:
Broken promises ( check) PROMISES KEPT ... CHECK !!!
Its obvious, you see what you only want to see.

Quote:
Golfing ( more then Bush in a year) SO? OBAMA LIKES TO GOLF. BIG DEAL.
Along with his dinner parties, $125/lb steaks, and flying his chef to St. Louis for pizza. After all, we are at war and experiencing the worse economic crisis since the GD. A little more frugality, industriousness, and sobriety is in order.

Quote:
Vacations ( 54 days in a year) TRY 26 President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org
One of the few things I won't argue with you. 26 days is appropriate.

Quote:
Lies to the american people ( acceptable because all politicians do it) LYING IS WHAT BUSH DID TO START THE IRAQ WAR. A WAR WHICH KILLED 4000+ US SOLDIERS. SHOW ME ANY EQUIVALENT LIE BY OBAMA.
That Obama was against the war. He has continued to fund it, along with our military.

You can claim Bush lied about Iraq. I might even agree with you. However, many Dems were on board and still continue to be on board.

What has Obama done about our nation building and policing the world? While I don't expect him to start anymore preemptive wars, he is roughly following the same foreign policy as the neo-cons.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
No I didn't miss it. I was going to comment on it but RD5050 did it so well. See post #59.
Oh come on...tell us what you think, and don't be a ditto head.

RD5050's first excuse for Obama was enough for me to not read anymore.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:06 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
You have me confused with someone who thinks politicians can solve all our problems when it seems to me they are the ones who have gotten us into this mess and are getting us even further in. I do not have a lot of use for any of them and I certainly do not worship at any of their alters.

I would be happy with any of them who actually did what they said they would do, you know, be honest......

Thanks for posting the things you do not see eye to eye with the man on but please do not be naive enough to think that we will be better off any time soon under him or any politician. I think Obama had some grand and wonderful ideas for the country until he woke up as the Pres and found out who really runs the country.
Of course. This is why I resist the deification of ANY political figure. Sometimes I really have to wonder about us, as a people, and how much stock we seem to place in our politicians, especially the president. It's no wonder that so many ex presidents have indicated that they wouldn't wish the job upon anyone.

Of course he has changed. They always come in full of ideology, from either side of the aisle. We have to learn to look deeper.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Of course. This is why I resist the deification of ANY political figure. Sometimes I really have to wonder about us, as a people, and how much stock we seem to place in our politicians, especially the president. It's no wonder that so many ex presidents have indicated that they wouldn't wish the job upon anyone.

Of course he has changed. They always come in full of ideology, from either side of the aisle. We have to learn to look deeper.
We agree totally on this so why continue to believe or argue that this or any POTUS is going to really be for the people even if they really want to.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:14 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,163 times
Quote:
We agree totally on this so why continue to believe or argue that this or any POTUS is going to really be for the people even if they really want to.
Well see, I needed to clarify my stance. Assumptions draw clarifications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies