Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 02:54 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times

Advertisements

Ralph Nader in this clip critiques Pres. Obama and answers questions from the audience about his opinion of Doctor and Congressman Ron Paul. He brings up that without being on the debates Ron Paul wouldn't have been able to get his message out to so many people and points out how important being part of the debates is. He suggests and I agree that the debate selection committee needs to be taken away from the usual (Republican/Democratic Debate selection committee) and I agree.

Instead, why can't the Tea Party be in charge of choosing the candidates who will be in the debates? This way we could get more quality people with perhaps not as many resources but with better ideas debating.

Secondly, let's NEVER AGAIN let the media tell us who is electable and who isn't. VOTE YOUR CONSCIENCE! If we'd done that last time maybe we'd have elected Ron Paul or a third party and the country wouldn't be in such debt; we wouldn't have bailed out the suto industry and the banks to the extent Obama did; unemployment rates wouldn't be so awful; government sponsored health insurance wouldn't be forced down our throats and more of our troops would be home and we wouldn't son be facing hyperinflation.

YouTube - Ralph Nader Rips Obama, Praises Rep. Ron Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Doesn't anyone else think there is a need for freer elections and better choices of candidates?

Isn't it common knowledge by now that the New World Order elites choose candidates for BOTH sides and pay for each of their campaigns ? In return, once elected the new president whether Republican or Democrat is expected to follow the agenda of these elites. This is why Obama has broken just about ever campaign promise he had and why the only one he had that passed was done fraudulently. What we are seeing is not a President acting on his own. He has a laundry list of control tactics that must be in place in order for the mega international conglomerantes to make certain nothing stands in their way of amassing HUGE profits and control over the American taxpayer. Fair game is using as much lying and deceit as is necessary to snow the all too trusting and naiive average American and push these bills through Congress no matter HOW unconstitutional or harmful to Americans they might be. WAKE UP you guys. You elected officials, including the ones you thought you could trust are SCR#WING
you and you haven't the foggiest idea it is happening.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:34 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,894 times
I endorse this thread.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:47 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
I would move to Canada immediatley if Ron Paul was elected to the white house.

Nader, well that is a candidate I could accept.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:53 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post

If Ron Paul were elected, I just may buy your ticket to Canada! Of course, it would be more affordable with him as President...

Old 04-29-2010, 01:43 PM

380 posts, read 642,791 times
Who cares what d-bag Nader says.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:48 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:

That would be an excellent idea. America would only welcome productive individuals if he were prez. Probably better for you to leave.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:46 PM

5,522 posts, read 10,200,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
That would be an excellent idea. America would only welcome productive individuals if he were prez. Probably better for you to leave.
What is your definition of "productive"? Owning capital and charging others for the priveledge of its use? Trading around stocks? Running a 100 year old company in to the ground and getting paid 20 million a year to do it?

Productive people would be run over and railroaded by libertarianism, the only thing is, most people with the Ron Paul sticker are too stupid to realize exactly what they are asking for. In fact, half of them are probably collecting welfare or are employed by the bloated government they so loathe.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:08 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
This is the first time I've heard it explained how the two primary parties prevent 3rd party candidates from getting on the Presidential Debates for the media exposure they'd need to actually get their messages out.

I've been saying it forever; the American people are never given a real choice of President. I would love to see something this fundamental change in my lifetime.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:58 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
What is your definition of "productive"? Owning capital and charging others for the priveledge of its use? Trading around stocks? Running a 100 year old company in to the ground and getting paid 20 million a year to do it?
Nah, I mean the small business owner. Somewhere in the area of high six figures and producing real goods and services used by Americans as well as others around the world.

Quote:
Productive people would be run over and railroaded by libertarianism, the only thing is, most people with the Ron Paul sticker are too stupid to realize exactly what they are asking for. In fact, half of them are probably collecting welfare or are employed by the bloated government they so loathe.
Cite?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies