Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 01:53 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Many, like me, would like to see some more regulation on the whole thing but don't want the government too heavily involved in it. I don't see them even acting like they will regulate Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Why is that?
That also Why arent they in there? Democrats still protecting them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 01:55 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Many, like me, would like to see some more regulation on the whole thing but don't want the government too heavily involved in it. I don't see them even acting like they will regulate Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. Why is that?
Ah you want more regulation....just not government regulation!

Sounds like a "real world" "common sense" solution......LOL

Old 04-26-2010, 01:57 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
it wasnt the financial institutions that caused the crash...it was the government

Old 04-26-2010, 01:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
I vote like that because there is hope that they won't go for more government control with laws like the one being proposed and I know the Democrats will vote just that way.
What do you not like about the bill, and why should it not even be debated?

Old 04-26-2010, 02:00 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it wasnt the financial institutions that caused the crash...it was the government

This is 100% correct!

Old 04-26-2010, 02:00 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Spoken like a true "working class" GOP voter.

It was the government's fault.!..Not out of control greed on Wall St's part.

I tell you. You white middle class working class Joe's who vote Republican

You and your kids almost deserve the hard times you've brought on yourselves.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Yet again, they're voting against this specific bill, not the idea of reform, but the strawman presents himself again. It is possible to want reform and think that a particular bill is not the best way to do it. The goal should not be to simply pass something, it should be to pass good reform. Why should we assume that the first shot at reform is always the best?
Yep.

And lets not forget that the bills' author is none other than Chris Dodd, who's had Big Financial in his back pocket for decades. Further, Dodd is retiring. He has absolutely no vested interest whatsoever in this bill. Republican's are right for not kowtowing to a Senator who is corrupt beyond corrupt, all in the name of financial reform. It should be reformed above-board and after Dodd is long gone.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:04 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
You want regulation for fannie and freddie? But you just voted twice for a president who deregulated them 40 times in eight years.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:08 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yet again.

The minority party will not even allow vote to open debate on bill..... washingtonpost.com

Despite 2/3 of Americans wanting stricter controls on finacial insitutions.

Most back stricter financial reform, advantage Obama - Behind the Numbers
But, but, but the democrats voted for the so-called Health Care Bill even though every poll showed the majority of americans were against it.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yet again.

The minority party will not even allow vote to open debate on bill..... washingtonpost.com

Despite 2/3 of Americans wanting stricter controls on finacial insitutions.

Most back stricter financial reform, advantage Obama - Behind the Numbers
What does this have to do with "the middle class"? It has nothing to do with the "middle class".

This massive so-called reform bill is just another power grab by the Obama administration. It deserves to be defeted, like everything else this "regime" is pulling on the American citizenry. This gives way too much power to the Fed over private businesses.

Nothing this administration does is out in the open, and this is another example.

What will we find hidden in ths bill after it's passed?

Sometimes, less is more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies