Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 04:31 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Has anyone stood back and noticed how much we are fighting ourselves since Obama took office? He who is supposed to be the great uniter is a total fraud in this respect. He wants to divide the country and conquer it and shape it to his liking - which will set the citizenry back at least 2 or 3 decades.

When have we ever seen this many protests at one time about different issues?

This SWAT team episode was for more than just protecting Obama. He knows that Tea Party people are not violent. Call this psychological warfare against the people he is supposed to protect. He wants to show his opponents his power. He wants us to fear him. That's all this is. It's also more spending. We had to pay these robots to stand there and do nothing - in all of their protective gear. I wonder what they were thinking about all of this?

We need to remember where our power lies at citizens. It is in educating ourselves to the truth of the issues of the day (so we can discern their lies) and use our votes to remove the enemies from office.

I don't understand people who actually think this is OK treatment of American people.
Great post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 04:32 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Quote:
Has anyone stood back and noticed how much we are fighting ourselves since Obama took office?
I have noticed this too. This country feels like it's breaking apart and Obama clearly wants it to happen because his actions and words have been the most divisive of any American president that I can remember.

Even Bush defended the lunatic who threw a shoe at him, saying free speech was a good thing. But Obama thinks it's perfectly okay to mock Americans whose opinions he doesn't agree with or respect (the "people who cling to guns and religion" quote comes to mind).

I find Obama's behavior towards the American citizens who didn't vote for him to be very troubling. Is it any wonder this half of our country is mad as hell?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,234,548 times
Progressives have realized the Tea Party is going to require more attention than they had thought so they are attempting to create a narrative pitting the Tea Party as criminal activity... Nazi's and racists, fomenting revolution.

They need to make it look like the Tea Party is as bad as the lefties were during the Bush admin.

It's the Progressive narrative in action.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Has anyone stood back and noticed how much we are fighting ourselves since Obama took office? He who is supposed to be the great uniter is a total fraud in this respect. He wants to divide the country and conquer it and shape it to his liking - which will set the citizenry back at least 2 or 3 decades.

When have we ever seen this many protests at one time about different issues?

This SWAT team episode was for more than just protecting Obama. He knows that Tea Party people are not violent. Call this psychological warfare against the people he is supposed to protect. He wants to show his opponents his power. He wants us to fear him. That's all this is. It's also more spending. We had to pay these robots to stand there and do nothing - in all of their protective gear. I wonder what they were thinking about all of this?

We need to remember where our power lies at citizens. It is in educating ourselves to the truth of the issues of the day (so we can discern their lies) and use our votes to remove the enemies from office.

I don't understand people who actually think this is OK treatment of American people.

Very nice.... Nov 10 and Nov 12 will prove the points...

Obama has been and will only be a lame duck. When he goes he will have set the country back 30 years.. All he has done is make racist a kitchen word and caused a brew where there had been none.

I see bumper stickers every day now that used to be his logo, but now in a like pattern say oops! I can only assume this mean the car owners feel they made an error to vote for him.

It seems Rpn paul wasn't as crazy as a bed bug after all.

The Tea party is hostile voting wise to both parties, while the repubs seem to side up with them, doesn't mean the Tea party really wants them.

My hope is a 3rd party will bit ch slap both of these parties down hard.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:01 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,595 times
Lame Duck

The status can be due to
  • having lost a re-election bid
  • choosing not to seek another term at the expiration of the current term
  • a term limit which keeps the official from running for that particular office again
  • the abolishment of the office, which must nonetheless be served out until the end of the official's term
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lame_duck_(politics)

Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,344,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I see bumper stickers every day now that used to be his logo, but now in a like pattern say oops! I can only assume this mean the car owners feel they made an error to vote for him.
In NH? I live in MN and I haven't seen a positive or negative Obama bumper sticker in months. Anyway, those people didn't vote for him in the first place.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That doesn't explain why you would think there's only one riot squad in the nation.
Let's back up for a second.

I, in no way think that there is only one riot squad in the nation. You were talking about the fact that there were local police officers in riot gear at one event and none at the other as if the two were mutually exclusive.

There could have easily been riot cops at both. Or at neither. There's not a single authority deciding where riot cops go and don't go. That's why I said that there's more than one riot squad in this country.

It is highly unlikely that the President had anything to do with the riot cops in one location and had absolutely nothing to do with their absence from another.

To raise the events, side by side, as evidence of anything about the administration asks us to draw conclusions that are ill-founded and, dare I say, simply incorrect.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:07 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,393,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
In NH? I live in MN and I haven't seen a positive or negative Obama bumper sticker in months. Anyway, those people didn't vote for him in the first place.
Believe it or not, I've seen very few anti-Obama stickers in South Carolina (the only ones I can recall are some that say "You Lie!", and there's a good possibility that these are sported by Joe Wilson's direct constituents). Then again, I live in a somewhat "bluer" area of the state.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:27 PM

89,059 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Let's back up for a second.

I, in no way think that there is only one riot squad in the nation. You were talking about the fact that there were local police officers in riot gear at one event and none at the other as if the two were mutually exclusive.
That's a rather ridiculous assumption.

Quote:
To raise the events, side by side, as evidence of anything about the administration asks us to draw conclusions that are ill-founded and, dare I say, simply incorrect.
Incorrect? Hardly. Obama supports the illegals/pro-illegals and has denounced the Tea Party protesters. That's fact.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:45 PM

918 posts, read 817,358 times
Default atizar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Lame Duck

The status can be due to
  • having lost a re-election bid
  • choosing not to seek another term at the expiration of the current term
  • a term limit which keeps the official from running for that particular office again
  • the abolishment of the office, which must nonetheless be served out until the end of the official's term
Lame duck (politics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Outrageously funny atizar. A tip of the hat to you. After a batch of comments unanimously decrying Obama and his agenda all you can do is lift the definition of Lame Duck and from a 'voluntary' lame database source no less. In the common vernacular, known as colloquial, the term Lame Duck is use to indicate a politician, usually a President, who has lost his power by virtue of losing his control of congress and the ability to thus make new law. He retains the title for the balance of his term, but is essentially impotent to effect change or a Lame Duck.

Shame I had to waste this much effort and space explaining this to you, but I consider it a "public service". That, for you, should need no further defining!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies