Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2010, 01:41 PM

948 posts, read 895,062 times

Advertisements

I was raised by a single mother and my grandparents. I never really knew my dad other than he broke my wrist when I was four (accident) and my grandfather threatened to kill him. Pops left soon after.

But my mom worked 2-3 jobs at times to support us and we never went on welfare. She's badass and I'm nothing but overwhelmingly proud of her for what she's achieved. She was never blamed for anything so I really don't get this.

But then, I know there are many women out there that aren't half the woman/parent my mother is. So I'm biased sue me.

Oh and yeah I was born out of wedlock and yes I was almost aborted too. Luckily I had a good, strong Catholic family that supported my mother and I made it through unscathed. Now, I've been a constant source of contention from then on but luckily I got jokes so I'm usually forgiven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 02:33 PM

94 posts, read 69,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Let me get this straight.. if 70% of black children are born out of wedlock the mom gets called hoodrat and what not but not a single word for the dads.
Because, quite honestly, a lot of people don't take Black men seriously. There is a high rate of unemployment, crime, lazyiness, etc and it is almost as if we turn a blind eye to it as "expected."

Old 05-02-2010, 02:54 PM

171 posts, read 212,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The woman has just as much say in if he wraps it or not.

Equal decision at first

Unequal later.

I suppose you're against abortion then? Otherwise, you're being hypocritical.

It's not unequal later.. do u get it . If it's wrapped up 99% of the time there is no later!!

I am against abortions for myself!!! I believe people have the right to do what they want to do for their own religious or personal reasons. However, they should communicate before having sex, what if pregnancy what should they do and if they don't agree they either need to wrap it up or not have sex at all. But most of the time guys don't want to get that deep in a convo. because that may change the women mind about having sex. It's I love I love until they get pregnant and then it changes to I don't want to have a kid, I don't even love you!!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Buthe queation remains:what makes people think single moms can't do a good job raising children? Also,what makes people think just because someone is married that the will make a better parent? As I said,a child could be raised by two married bums,or a responsible single mom. Which child would have a better outcome?

I know children being raised by married drug addicts and a single mom making 6 figures and actively involved with her children. I have a feeling that if I put that as a poll question most would put the drug addicts would be better parents simply because they are married.

If I did have sons(I'm so lucky not to have any)how is them watching a bum of a man do nothing vs not seeing him there?what would be the difference?

That's not your decision on how your child will feel watching a bum or not seeing!!! the problem is adults always put their personal feeling on the kid and not really pay any attention to how the child feels at all!! That's one of the reason why children are so alone on the inside; surrounded by family.

The difference is a child wants to feel LOVED that's it!!! The job thing, money, etc. That is important to the mate, but not the child and until people really see that our single parents are going to always have a struggle with their children.

And to respond to the two parents, yes no one's perfect. But everyone knows darn well that it is not EASY being a single parent, no one really wanted to sign up for it, and the kids are unhappy ( different measures of unhappyness). I am a single mom and I hate when people try to act like it's easy and we can do without a man (father). Yes, women can do without a man(for themselves), but it's not our decision to say our kids can do without their father. (unless they are abusive towards them).

Old 05-02-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
I think I'm going to tell my daughters to date women only,so they won't have to deal with male pigs and monsters

.... stop putting your problems on your daughter!!!

Pray for our children people!!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:18 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,936,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcallis View Post
[/b]

That's not your decision on how your child will feel watching a bum or not seeing!!! the problem is adults always put their personal feeling on the kid and not really pay any attention to how the child feels at all!! That's one of the reason why children are so alone on the inside; surrounded by family.

The difference is a child wants to feel LOVED that's it!!! The job thing, money, etc. That is important to the mate, but not the child and until people really see that our single parents are going to always have a struggle with their children.

And to respond to the two parents, yes no one's perfect. But everyone knows darn well that it is not EASY being a single parent, no one really wanted to sign up for it, and the kids are unhappy ( different measures of unhappyness). I am a single mom and I hate when people try to act like it's easy and we can do without a man (father). Yes, women can do without a man(for themselves), but it's not our decision to say our kids can do without their father. (unless they are abusive towards them).
Good post

My father died when I was 9 and my mother never remarried. So, in that sense, my mother was a single parent for half my childhood. I certainly missed not having my father around especially when the other kids fathers would turn up to sports events, etc.

There seems to be a form of feminism that has become very anti-male but with the woman as a victim of those nasty men. The feminism I grew up with and saw in my own mother was that women could take responsibility for themselves. It wasn't anti-male but rather both sexes in a partnership of equals.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:09 PM

9,011 posts, read 13,852,888 times
Quote:
[/b]

Actually,celebs and older professional women do it all the time. Let's take Sandra Bullock. She adopted a child without her pig husband. She split from her hubby. Now,what good would it have done her to stay with him? That child would have grew up watching mom cry her eyes out while daddy runs around with other women. I think its best she went at it alone. Children do know when someone is pretending to love each other. You can't fool them all the time. I know I felt relief for my mom when she left my cheating dad. I was happy knowing she was happy.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:11 PM

9,011 posts, read 13,852,888 times
If its good for children to have two parents I wonder why so many people are against gay couples adopting?

Old 05-02-2010, 04:33 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,697 times
I will teach my two daughters aside from dating women,use men first before they use you.

Your posts have mutated from immature and unthoughtful to plain ignorant and simple minded. This is not an attack simply the truth, you give decent women a bad name.

You advocate that your daughters use men, practice lesbianism, you attempt to make people believe that a stable home with two sane responsible parents mean nothing, it's okay for your daughters to engage in unsafe sex.

You sound like the woman in another post, that's living in a hotel room with a bunch of baby kids and never had a husband talking about how somebody owes her!!!

Please have no further kids, do society a favor, we can't continue the support of people with no idea of morality and normalcy.

Last edited by reconmark; 05-02-2010 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: Had to edit names so I wouldn't be called an attacker

Old 05-02-2010, 04:39 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,410,277 times
Quote:
It's not unequal later.. do u get it . If it's wrapped up 99% of the time there is no later!!

I am against abortions for myself!!! I believe people have the right to do what they want to do for their own religious or personal reasons. However, they should communicate before having sex, what if pregnancy what should they do and if they don't agree they either need to wrap it up or not have sex at all. But most of the time guys don't want to get that deep in a convo. because that may change the women mind about having sex. It's I love I love until they get pregnant and then it changes to I don't want to have a kid, I don't even love you!!
Women have just as much control over it being wrapped as the man does.

Unless its rape.

What don't you get about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies