Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 02:18 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times

Advertisements

Why is it there are no reps listed with their massive earnings? doesn't slant the point as well?

btw -
(George Soros only gained $2B, with a net worth of 11B)

michael Bloomberg - 4.5B increase
Joihn Paulson - $3B +
James Simon - $2.5B +
Jerry Jones $500M+
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 02:24 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabeasley View Post
Of course you did not like the UK. Probably could not lounge around all day everyday.

People only work if there is an incentive, not for fun. You have a very naive view of the world. You think that it is all big families and gardens and it's not. And as far as everybody being happy...well "ignorance is bliss". And it's not like we are walking around frowning everyday.

What ever happened to putting in a hard days work and feeling good about the things you accomplished at the end of the day.

Me and you just are not going to come to terms.

You know the saying is "reap what you sow" not "reap what others have sown".
Fun can and should be the major incentive. If I don't like a job, I will try to work as little as possible and I won't try hard to do things right.

I do work hard about 2 days a week, 8 to 10 hours a day, and at the end of the day I am also proud of my accomplishment. Not to mention the compliments from my clients

I agree we won't come to terms, we have totally different mindsets. So be it
But you know, I guess more and more Americans are waking up, too. I watched a report recently where former Wall Street and bank employees were interviewed who lost their jobs because of the crisis. Many of them said they now have low-key jobs. And they are happier now, have time again for themselves and their hobbies. Time to live and set new priorities. One guy even said in hindsight he is happy he lost his job, despite the fact he now lives in a rented apartment. One woman moved back home to some slow rural area.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Why is it there are no reps listed with their massive earnings? doesn't slant the point as well?

btw -
(George Soros only gained $2B, with a net worth of 11B)

michael Bloomberg - 4.5B increase
Joihn Paulson - $3B +
James Simon - $2.5B +
Jerry Jones $500M+
For some reason I think that Beck was trying to talk about only friends of Obama when he said that. I don't consider any of those Republicans to be his friends although a couple of them are possibles.

Speaking of Beck, it is nearly time for his show and I need to get settled down for it. I have to feed a dog before so, "Bye for now".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies