Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How interested are you in Sarah Palin's new book?
I'm a fan, and I can't wait to read it 10 11.24%
I might be interested 5 5.62%
No thanks, I'll politely decline 36 40.45%
I would tear the pages out and use them to line the bottom of a bird cage or a litter box 38 42.70%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 06:38 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,504 times

Advertisements

I'll probably check the book out at the library so I don't have to waste my money. I'm not reading it because I take her seriously, but because I enjoy laughing at her foolishness.

I do look forward to reading Laura Bush's book though. Now she's a women I can take seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sarah Palin's New Book: "America by Heart" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Her second book? Gee, I wonder who's going to write this one.

Since she wrote it on her hand she'll have to cut her hand off to sell the one and only copy !!!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:45 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
I haven't read a book composed solely of pictures since I was in short pants.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:00 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I haven't read a book composed solely of pictures since I was in short pants.
Could be there will also be color in the lines as well, and maybe if we are lucky, outside the lines...after all she is the maverick , as I recall a while back.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:09 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,321 times
I have no desire to read a book allegedly written by Sarah Palin nor do I desire to trash her. She was lucky that John McCain picked her as his running mate; because of it, she now earns $millions. I voted "No thanks, I'll politely decline." Enough said.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
I couldn't vote for the fourth option, because it would require me to buy the book first. And I can't rationalize doing that.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
We know Hillary had a ghost writer and did NOT give her any credit.

A. They both are in the political circle and wrote books. Or maybe you didn't know that.

Oh, politics....distantly... stellar education,lawyer, Senator,Secretary of State....as opposed to whining, pouting losing VP candidate, ex-governor who couldn't handle the job and quit to suck money from her idiot fans.... sorry..."politics" is a flimsy connection....I vote, so I'm in Hillary's circle ?...no, don't think so...

B. Other than being given a job at a law firm because of her husband's position and First Lady in Arkansas and the US, What does she have to write about that is so important?""

And palin's books are important why????

C. It means that she at least has a degree in the field where writing is required.""

????

D. I read Sara's book and do not agree with his opinion.

Rather than relying on someone elses opinion, why don't you read the book and form an opion of you own?
"""" D. I read Sara's book and do not agree with his opinion."""

What opinion? I'm talking about how her book is filled with OTHER people's writing, songs , movies.....not much writing required when she just cuts and pastes...
"""""""""The AP reports that, according to the HarperCollins statement, the book will include "selections from classic and contemporary readings" that have moved the controversial Republican. The nation's founding documents will be included, the publisher said, as well as "great speeches, sermons, letters, literature and poetry, biography, and even some of her favorite songs and movies.""""""""

I don't need to read Sarah...I've HEARD Sarah....stupidity isn't more attractive in writing....

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 05-13-2010 at 10:12 PM..

Old 05-14-2010, 05:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
I have no desire to read a book allegedly written by Sarah Palin nor do I desire to trash her. She was lucky that John McCain picked her as his running mate; because of it, she now earns $millions. I voted "No thanks, I'll politely decline." Enough said.
I agree with that 100%. It has nothing to do with my political leanings, I just wouldn't bother and Yes, she was lucky. For those who think bashing her is mature, go for it, for others of us, it is means and accomplishing nothing.

Nita

ps: I have to wonder, if those who think name calling is the way to make a point, are they in favor of bullying as well? It sounds like it, but I would bet they would be the first to scream if someone bullied their kids or their family.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:26 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I agree with that 100%. It has nothing to do with my political leanings, I just wouldn't bother and Yes, she was lucky. For those who think bashing her is mature, go for it, for others of us, it is means and accomplishing nothing.

Nita

ps: I have to wonder, if those who think name calling is the way to make a point, are they in favor of bullying as well? It sounds like it, but I would bet they would be the first to scream if someone bullied their kids or their family."""""

What a silly leap , from stating the truth about Sarah to being a parent who doesn't want their kid bullied....you are quite imaginative..

So an opinion that isn't YOURS is "immature" ?? What an odd, illogical thought?

You must think Sarah is quite immature AND a bully for all the name calling and bashing she does....

I don't, I think she just knows how to make a buck.....

Old 05-14-2010, 06:28 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Sarah Palin's New Book: "America by Heart" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Her second book? Gee, I wonder who's going to write this one.
NO, I won't be reading this one, nor did I read the last one she wrote...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies